+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bobby Bones Friday Conversation

Bobby Bones Friday Conversation

Posted this in another thread, but thought it deserved its own. G will be on Bobby Bones tomorrow (6/15) at 8 am eastern. Itís dubbed a conversation. Usually those with Bobby last between 15-30 minutes. Should be interesting!

https://twitter.com/bobbybonesshow/s...446738944?s=21

Thats like Midnight New Zealand time! Hope people will be on this thread talking about it.

I don't know if anyone else listened to this, but it was really nothing special. The only nugget of information was the "fan mix" of "Triple Live" (and he actually did refer to it as Triple Live) will be a limited edition thing. They will interview him again Tuesday morning when the single drops.

I, for one, am kind of glad to know that the "fan mix" is a limited edition thing. I think it will be cool to collect, like all the different Double Live covers, but I don't think it sounds like a very good listening experience. I don't see how the audio from the stage basically being a mono mix (mixed to come out of one speaker) paired with the crowd coming out of the other speaker would be a great listen. Right the opposite in fact.

The nice part is this seems to mean there will be a more regular mix which, I would assume, would be the much better listening experience.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I, for one, am kind of glad to know that the "fan mix" is a limited edition thing. I think it will be cool to collect, like all the different Double Live covers, but I don't think it sounds like a very good listening experience. I don't see how the audio from the stage basically being a mono mix (mixed to come out of one speaker) paired with the crowd coming out of the other speaker would be a great listen. Right the opposite in fact.

The nice part is this seems to mean there will be a more regular mix which, I would assume, would be the much better listening experience.
    Oh phew!! I’m so glad! I was really dreading the split mix approach.

Best part of the interview to me ... Garth mentioned a song title from the new album !

ďThe Road Iím OnĒ co-written by Garth and Randall King!!! If you havenít heard Randall kings new album, go listen to it... it is super country and I love it.
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Oh phew!! Iím so glad! I was really dreading the split mix approach.
    I know you and I both have expressed concern for Triple Live being overproduced, but this actually gives me some hope that it might not be. To prepare two completely different mixes for the album could explain all the time in the studio working on this record. That is not an easy process.

We also know he's been working on a new album and I would assume stuff for the live anthology as well. Maybe he hasn't had time to overproduce Triple Live HA!

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Best part of the interview to me ... Garth mentioned a song title from the new album !

ďThe Road Iím OnĒ co-written by Garth and Randall King!!! If you havenít heard Randall kings new album, go listen to it... it is super country and I love it.
    That is the nugget I got from the interview. So it wasn't a "nothing new" interview. We getting the bigger picture bit by bit with each public appearance be makes.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    That is the nugget I got from the interview. So it wasn't a "nothing new" interview. We getting the bigger picture bit by bit with each public appearance be makes.
    I don't know how I missed this piece of information, but I didn't hear it. As far as I know I listened to the whole interview. It did cut out on me at one point (was listening online) so I'm wondering if he dropped that info at that point. It only cut out for a few seconds.

Here’s the full interview for those who missed it: https://youtu.be/HXmE5xpSTXY

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but I do agree it wasn't a "nothing new" interview. However, I feel like the dog trying to pick up scraps off the dining room floor just hoping the kids will drop something. All we got was the name of one song, a name of a co-writer and the fact there will be a limited edition mix of Triple Live.

I used to work in country radio so I do understand the idea of secrecy, but I look at the way other HUGE artists do their business and at some point they actually drop the information. We get a track list (with song writers), an album cover, details about the release (especially if there is a limited edition), etc. I get it. This is Garth and he's going to do it his way. It is just shocking to me that he holds so much information back for so long. If I'm not mistaken we got the tracklisting for Gunslinger and The Ultimate Collection about two weeks before release. Who does that? This isn't National Security secrets. It's just an album with some music on it.

OK, rant over.

I'm probably going to get in trouble for this, but I do agree it wasn't a "nothing new" interview. However, I feel like the dog trying to pick up scraps off the dining room floor just hoping the kids will drop something. All we got was the name of one song, a name of a co-writer and the fact there will be a limited edition mix of Triple Live.

I used to work in country radio so I do understand the idea of secrecy, but I look at the way other HUGE artists do their business and at some point they actually drop the information. We get a track list (with song writers), an album cover, details about the release (especially if there is a limited edition), etc. I get it. This is Garth and he's going to do it his way. It is just shocking to me that he holds so much information back for so long. If I'm not mistaken we got the tracklisting for Gunslinger and The Ultimate Collection about two weeks before release. Who does that? This isn't National Security secrets. It's just an album with some music on it.

OK, rant over.
    To be fair to Garth, I highly doubt there is a track list yet and we have not gotten any indication he has taken any photos for an album cover. Let’s hope we get an official album announcement very soon.

Also, I thought Bobby was tired and lackluster. He usually does a better job with these interviews. Maybe we’ll get more on Tuesday when the single is premiered.

Edit: Speaking of photos, I say we haven’t heard of him doing a photoshoot for an album cover, but there’s gotta be a single cover. I wonder if he’ll be in that or if it’ll just be a graphic.
    Last edited by DuckStreetCowboy; 06-15-2018 at 12:32 PM.

Meh, I look forward to buying the "regular" mix of Triple Live and even then I'm not that excited.

For some reason I can't enjoy most of GB live audio without the picture equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    To be fair to Garth, I highly doubt there is a track list yet and we have not gotten any indication he has taken any photos for an album cover. Let’s hope we get an official album announcement very soon.

Also, I thought Bobby was tired and lackluster. He usually does a better job with these interviews. Maybe we’ll get more on Tuesday when the single is premiered.

Edit: Speaking of photos, I say we haven’t heard of him doing a photoshoot for an album cover, but there’s gotta be a single cover. I wonder if he’ll be in that or if it’ll just be a graphic.
    My frustration IS NOT that we didn’t get a bunch of info on the album today. I’ve followed Garth since the early 90s, I know better than that. My frustration is we are basically saying it was an informative interview because we got the name of a song and a co-writer and that is somehow big news. If that isn’t picking up scraps off the floor what is?

My frustration is the constantly dragging on. He has been talking about Triple Live since March of 2017!!!! 15 months now and we know for sure a couple of tracks on it and that there will be a unique, limited edition mix. My point is it is insane to talk about a project for that long and we are still picking up crumbs about it. I just can’t imagine any other artist doing this. We won’t know anything of substance about these projects until they are a couple of weeks from release. Since it’s probably November we have probably 4-5 months. I suspect we will be 19 months in talking about Teiple Live before we get tracklist and details. Man I hope I’m wrong.

OK, rant over.
    Nothing to get in trouble for. Just the frustration of being a Garth fan at times.

+ Reply to Thread