+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What if....

What if....

Now that I got your attention, let me start by saying what Garth said about the tour. He said that it will be mostly new music. Now I don't know if that means he will do mostly the newer songs and put in a couple of the old songs or.......

Let me say this about it, maybe he will be doing something that's never been done before. Which brings me to the live album and the way it was mixed. Fan mix on left channel and music on the right channel. What would make this something that has never been done before. What if the Live album coming out later this year is all new music. Think about it, what artist has ever done that, release a live album with entirely new music, if you want to hear the live album version, have both channels running, but if you want to hear studio versions only, just listen to the right channel. Just a thought.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    Now that I got your attention, let me start by saying what Garth said about the tour. He said that it will be mostly new music. Now I don't know if that means he will do mostly the newer songs and put in a couple of the old songs or.......

Let me say this about it, maybe he will be doing something that's never been done before. Which brings me to the live album and the way it was mixed. Fan mix on left channel and music on the right channel. What would make this something that has never been done before. What if the Live album coming out later this year is all new music. Think about it, what artist has ever done that, release a live album with entirely new music, if you want to hear the live album version, have both channels running, but if you want to hear studio versions only, just listen to the right channel. Just a thought.
    There's no chance he would put out a live album with all new music one it.

When did he say the tour will be mostly new music?

And he has already stated the live album is going to be very similar to the set list on the 2014-2017 tour. He name checked many of the old hits.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    When did he say the tour will be mostly new music?

And he has already stated the live album is going to be very similar to the set list on the 2014-2017 tour. He name checked many of the old hits.
    I don't think he did or can remember him saying it.

I remember he said that the 2014-2017 tour was about catching up from retirement and re-acquainting with the audience, but that the next tours would be all about the future.

Now the way I interpreted that was that instead of playing 15 songs from 89-07 and 2 songs from 00-17, he'd play 13-14 songs from 89-07 and maybe 4 songs from 00-18. Still, he did say something about future tours being more like the early 90s when he'd play 3-4 newer songs during the setlist.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I remember he said that the 2014-2017 tour was about catching up from retirement and re-acquainting with the audience, but that the next tours would be all about the future.

Now the way I interpreted that was that instead of playing 15 songs from 89-07 and 2 songs from 00-17, he'd play 13-14 songs from 89-07 and maybe 4 songs from 00-18. Still, he did say something about future tours being more like the early 90s when he'd play 3-4 newer songs during the setlist.
    When when i saw him during the Fresh Horses tour he did Beaches of Cheyenne, The Old Stuff, That Ol' Wind and The Fever so that make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    When when i saw him during the Fresh Horses tour he did Beaches of Cheyenne, The Old Stuff, That Ol' Wind and The Fever so that make sense.
    I saw him in 93 about a month before In Pieces came out and he played SOTF, AHBA, AGDTTSCU, ONAD, and CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I saw him in 93 about a month before In Pieces came out and he played SOTF, AHBA, AGDTTSCU, ONAD, and CBR
    When he came to NZl in 1994 , he play SOF, AHBA, AGDTSCU, CBR and the cowboy song.

+ Reply to Thread