+ Reply to Thread

Thread: July 9th... "Big" announcement..

July 9th... "Big" announcement..

Take it or leave it- He said it at CMA fest just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Take it or leave it- He said it at CMA fest just now.
    More announcements of future announcements. Blech!! I’m really sorry to be so cynical. But it was February, then it was Spring, then it was June 1, then June 4, then it was in the next 3-4 weeks, and now it’s July 9. And what do you wanna bet that the July 9 announcement is nothing more than him announcing that the new album and the live album and the live anthology will be announced in the fall. Again... blech!!

I wonder what the big announcement could be? Word tour? Stadium tour? Small theater tour? Partnering with a new digital partner, a screen play he has written has been picked up?, him
    going to broadway, releasing previously unreleased material, details on a 12 disc mammoth live anthology??? Something out of the box, come on guys, lets get our guesses going???

Ive thought about it, Ive gone thru data, Ive researched the share market, Ive gone Taylor from Billions in thinking about this.

And Ive figured it out, I can tell you what it is.....

Here we go.....

Are you excited.....

On July 9th, he will tell us, when the New album will be released!!!!

I cant wait!!!!

According to the website the Boot, Garth said.....

As far as that new tour Brooks is planning, that news will be coming on July 9. He called it "the biggest thing I've ever done on the road."

Seriously?

Watching the video now, the biggest thing he has ever done on tour, will be announced on July 9th.

WHahahahaha!! Brilliant! :lachen:

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

Ive thought about it, Ive gone thru data, Ive researched the share market, Ive gone Taylor from Billions in thinking about this.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    More announcements of future announcements. Blech!! I’m really sorry to be so cynical. But it was February, then it was Spring, then it was June 1, then June 4, then it was in the next 3-4 weeks, and now it’s July 9. And what do you wanna bet that the July 9 announcement is nothing more than him announcing that the new album and the live album and the live anthology will be announced in the fall. Again... blech!!
    I think there is good reason why it keeps getting delayed and it's beyond his control. I think he's so excited about his future plans for his fans that he can't hold back his excitement. I think we should give him a break on the dates he keeps pushing back. Even during the Stormy interview it was emphasized by both that he had to keep his mouth shut on details. If anything, he's guilty of being too enthusiastic about what he does for a living. Wouldn't we all like to be like that!

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I think there is good reason why it keeps getting delayed and it's beyond his control. I think he's so excited about his future plans for his fans that he can't hold back his excitement. I think we should give him a break on the dates he keeps pushing back. Even during the Stormy interview it was emphasized by both that he had to keep his mouth shut on details. If anything, he's guilty of being too enthusiastic about what he does for a living. Wouldn't we all like to be like that!
    Well, I hope thats the case. I hope come July 9th, it comes together and we find out what it is.
    What could the reason be, though?

Well we know the announcement is not to do with a digital partner, he's with Amazon and doesnt seem to be changing.
    We know about the albums and some tour dates being announced.

So if its not about the way he sells his music, or the music itself, or the tour dates, what could it be?

Garth's own words from cma fest.

"It’s safe to say, the biggest thing we’ve ever got to be a part of," Brooks said as he paced the stage and hinted at what's to come. "We were approached probably about a year ago, by some guys that had an idea and what that idea is, has become a reality -- which we couldn’t believe. So now the carpet is kind of laid out in front and what I think I promised on Studio G is we will reveal the single next Monday – a week from Monday - and our big announcement will be July 9."

http://www.rfdtv.com/story/38389550/...t#.Wx3RJCC-mUk
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-10-2018 at 09:35 PM.

Again, I'm sure that to Garth it's awesome and seems like the biggest thing he's ever done, but I'm still skeptical. He said similar things about GhostTunes, which was cool, but not earth-shattering.

So while I'm eager to hear the announcement, I just don't buy into the hype that it's something so huge that we won't believe it. It could be something as routine as a stadium tour, which would be something bigger than Garth has ever done, but still wouldn't be something crazy unique in the overall grand scheme of things.

I don't buy into hype that most people do. I just take the announcement for what it is.

I tend to think that there will be some sort of interactive part to this tour. I have no idea what it would be, but something that could “reach every fan.” Just a thought we all know that Garth is the king of hype. It is what it is. It’s nkt anything new.

Maybe text request to make the setlist as the show goes on would be fun...won't happen but would be fun!

One thought that I had that would make this tour bigger than anything he had ever done before... what if he's doing his own travelling festival? Like a Garthapalooza where he showcases young songwriters and other acts throughout an entire day with his show capping things off in the evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    One thought that I had that would make this tour bigger than anything he had ever done before... what if he's doing his own travelling festival? Like a Garthapalooza where he showcases young songwriters and other acts throughout an entire day with his show capping things off in the evening?
    that would be very cool.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Idk, I hear enough of newer artist. I'd love a festival with Ricochet, Lila McCann, Sawyer Brown, Diamond Rio etc etc. Mix it up a little bit!

I wonder if he will give any hints when he talks to bobby.

I wouldn't plan on much more news than what he gave Stormie. But I do hope so!

Here's a dumb ass suggestion, not sure if people are interested in doing this, normally Im not into this sort of thing. But why not film ourselves on July 9th watching Garth's announcement live.
    Im seen some youtube videos of people watching the finale of their favorite shows and capturing their reaction.

Also seen some videos on youtube that is sort of like split screen, you see the video they are watching, and you seen them.

Not sure tech wise how you do that.

Anyway the thought pop into my head, if people wanted to record the moment Garth made the announcement and what their initial reaction was.

+ Reply to Thread