+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: CMA Fest: Storme Warren Q&A with Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Was gonna respond with some big statement but ....

Mic Drop- you said it perfectly
    I agree. And I was wondering what songs he sang since Stormy was big on making sure the streaming had stopped.

We've all been fascinated with what Garth has said in the last few days, but I'll be honest, I'm almost more fascinated by what he hasn't talked about recently. All the focus was on Triple Live, the new single and the new tour. What wasn't mentioned at all though was the Live Anthology, the documentary piece to the First Five Years, and the new album.

- Live Anthology - When the Anthology was first brought up I think most of us assumed the rest of the 90s segment would be next until Garth informed us he was going "out of order" to release the Live Anthology. I know several of us seemed to think this only made sense if the Live Anthology was somehow released in conjunction with Triple Live and there was this hyper focus on the live part of his career. That still may be the case. I just find it very odd that nothing was said about it at all considering how much he has talked about the future this week. Even the question on Studio G that mentioned the Anthology, where Garth brought up "All American Kid" and "Tacoma" as being on the live album, he did not mention the Anthology in his reply. There may be nothing to it, but I did find it odd considering a release around the time of Triple Live, or even with Triple Live, makes sense.

The Documentary - If you guys remember, according to the Billboard article the documentary piece of the First Five Years was "ideally" going to come out in Spring 2018. Obviously that passed and not a word has been said which also makes me wonder about the status of this project. That Billboard article was written before we knew he was "going out of order" so I wonder if the documentary will actually be held until a later time. I feel like there are a lot of things that could happen here. One is that there could be some sort of "Limited Edition" version of the Live Anthology with "The First Five Years" as a bonus disc. He could also hold the documentary and release it separately in a few years at the conclusion of the Anthology series. He could also release it as a stand alone disc to buy (although I doubt this one). I just find it interesting that it hasn't been mentioned at all.

- New album - Normally with the release of a new single there is talk about a new album. Unless I wasn't paying close enough attention he hasn't really mentioned anything about this at all. Usually there are some vague references to songs on the record or how he can't wait for us to hear something, but I don't recall any real talk about a new album. Don't get me wrong, I feel 99.9% certain one is coming I just think it is interesting he didn't really hype it at all this week.

Just some random thoughts.

One more random thought. With so many projects in the pipeline I feel like this could all be boxed together to absolutely maximize sales and impact. Since releasing boxsets has become his favorite past time could it be possible we get some sort of box with Triple Live, The Live Anthology stuff and the new album in one swoop? It seems kind of an odd thing at first glance, but he obviously didn't mind putting Gunslinger in The Ultimate Collection.

Yeah it'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Maybe once the new single is announced and released next week, more will be said about the album it'll be on. Even then, I don't expect the album until fall.

One thought I had was that he wanted the new single on Triple Live so he was going to announce and release it now, perform it a bunch of times on the new tour, and then stick it on the live album in the fall. But his latest Studio G seemed to shoot that down saying that the only way it'd show up on Triple Live would be in future editions. So who knows? Does that mean Triple Live is already locked and just won't be released until the fall? But then how does that jive with his latest response about All American Kid being added to Triple Live if the publishers will sign off? (Regarding that, he was sorta sly in his response, seeming to indicate that AAK is already slated for Triple Live, but he simply said that he would have to check to see if it could be added as a fun way of answering the question without revealing that it for sure will be on the album).

Another question I have is, is the new honky-tonk-oriented single that's about to be released the same song as the one he said he'll open the new tour with that's the reverse-Old-Stuff "letter to the fans" song about the future? Or are they two separate songs?

All the announcements of future announcements aside, it's still fun time to be a fan with so much going on.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 06-13-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    Pretty sure the title of new single is “All Day Long”
    What a call!

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    Pretty sure the title of new single is “All Day Long”
    I agree with the poster above. If you had no inside info and just called this by him emphasizing that phrase then major props!

+ Reply to Thread