+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Garth Brooks 2018 Tour

Garth Brooks 2018 Tour

Might as well start a thread for it.

Matt
    "Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire"-GB

Nice article, Matt. I'd love a small venue tour (Assuming I got tix)

Getting tickets will be so so hard! That said... I hope it is true too. Especially that he will REALLY do a World Tour this time!!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

How will the new tour go? Will it be the same as the last with a two week break between? Or every weekend? Or just keep traveling with a day or two break between. I don't think it will be the last option because I think he would eventually have to play Mondays and I don't see him touring and studio g at the same time.

It’s going to be a series of 7 outdoor, free shows ala Central Park.

He said, hes going to places, that he doesnt know if they have heard of his music.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    He said, hes going to places, that he doesnt know if they have heard of his music.
    No he didn't say he WAS GOING PLACES, but he'd LIKE TO GO.. the exact (about) quote was:

that’s a great question- the cities you want to go to is where people want to hear the music, so the cities I’m about to announce off my head, I don’t even know if they know who Garth Brooks is,, Fair Enough? so, Mexico City, and um, Moscow, we’ve never done asia, and I’ve love to do Asia.. The greatest compliment are the ones you’ve been to, and you want to go back. So we’re talking Dublin , we’re talking Minneapolis/St Paul, all those places that hug you, and seem to love the music, so …
    he was announcing places he'd LIKE to go.. not that he IS GOING to...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Your right!!! I just had hopeful ears!!

So here is a guess...
    • Multiple Front Rows
    • Something that has never been done
    • Multiple shows being announced at once
    • Lyrics from Road I'm On

What if he went to a city - and over the weekend played different sized venues. Start out at a Small intimate venue (Honkytonk or Bluebird Café type) on Thursday night. Play a theater on Friday night and end up at the Stadium on Saturday night.

The logistics would be extremely difficult but when he talks about the team pulling something off that he didn't think was possible - this fits the bill.

Sounds like it’s in the round staging to me!

Or like Mercedes Benz in Atlanta, depends on how you look at it, there were 8 front rows.

Multiple stages in the venue?

Well, back again to having no idea what it could be. Still hoping it's a medium sized theatre tour, but it keeps sounding like others are somehow involved, and if he was playing theatres, it would likely be his deal alone.

So my new guess is that it's a sort of traveling festival, Garth as the headliner, but other acts during the afternoon leading up to him. Perhaps Trisha doing her own set prior to Garth. Then she could come back out to do a duet during Garth's set. Maybe there's a side stage and other activities going on. The ticket price would likely be higher, given the additional acts involved, but people would perceive it as a good value depending upon who those other acts were. It would seem that you wouldn't want someone with any possibility of upstaging Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Well, back again to having no idea what it could be. Still hoping it's a medium sized theatre tour, but it keeps sounding like others are somehow involved, and if he was playing theatres, it would likely be his deal alone.

So my new guess is that it's a sort of traveling festival, Garth as the headliner, but other acts during the afternoon leading up to him. Perhaps Trisha doing her own set prior to Garth. Then she could come back out to do a duet during Garth's set. Maybe there's a side stage and other activities going on. The ticket price would likely be higher, given the additional acts involved, but people would perceive it as a good value depending upon who those other acts were. It would seem that you wouldn't want someone with any possibility of upstaging Garth.
    If it's a traveling music festival then the thing about "never been done before" is out the window. George Strait did that in the 90's

When Garth has finished playing the Iconic stadiums in the USA, here's some overseas ones he might like to try.

Stade d France https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:G...103531294).jpg

Nov Camp Spain https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2...celona_B40.jpg

MCG Australia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melbou...nal_anthem.jpg

Eden Park New Zealand https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eden_P...Dusk,_2013.jpg

Bejing stadium https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beijin...ium_2014_2.jpg

or even the ugliest sports stadium in history, wellington, Newzealand, The cake tin https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wellin...ember_2017.jpg

Anybody want to guess when he'll play in New York again. I'll be going later in the year. It would seem quite odd to go on a non-concert holiday.

I posted this in the other thread but thought it belonged here too..

I have heard from a number of sources that there is a plan to bring this stadium tour to Croke Park
    in May or June of next year. No idea of number of nights or details but the plan has been put to the venue and the local council to try and make it happen. This comes from
    someone heavily involved with concert promotion in Ireland. I asked the question about other cities in Europe or further afield and they had no info. They mentioned that this
    is very much a sport stadium tour and that they would expect to confirm things by September.

Fingers crossed that Dublin City Council are proactive this time rather than dismissive.

Next May makes more sense as May is often quieter for events at Croke Park. We can't be stressing out the residents. Thing is the last time we had an announcement, it was 7 months in advance. If it's next May, we could get an announcement in October. It wouldn't surprise me if they make an announcement in September because if they want to put on extra dates, they have to follow the new procedures and consult the residents before any new dates are put on so it can make the whole concert procedure even longer.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Next May makes more sense as May is often quieter for events at Croke Park. We can't be stressing out the residents. Thing is the last time we had an announcement, it was 7 months in advance. If it's next May, we could get an announcement in October. It wouldn't surprise me if they make an announcement in September because if they want to put on extra dates, they have to follow the new procedures and consult the residents before any new dates are put on so it can make the whole concert procedure even longer.
    I get the feeling, that he has it in his mind to make these shows the only ones in Europe. Therefore, he has to have lots of dates, hence the problem with Croke Park limit. Perhaps they have decided to give him 5 dates in 2019, and won't book any other shows the rest of year.

Does anyone think he would still play other Europe countries, if he's selling 400K tickets to Dublin? The 5 shows made sense in '14, when there were no other countries on itinerary. I hope he does a proper tour over there, but it's really up to him, and it sounds like he is still set on Croke Park.

I get the feeling, that he has it in his mind to make these shows the only ones in Europe. Therefore, he has to have lots of dates, hence the problem with Croke Park limit. Perhaps they have decided to give him 5 dates in 2019, and won't book any other shows the rest of year.

Does anyone think he would still play other Europe countries, if he's selling 400K tickets to Dublin? The 5 shows made sense in '14, when there were no other countries on itinerary. I hope he does a proper tour over there, but it's really up to him, and it sounds like he is still set on Croke Park.
    It's hard to say but I hope he does a full tour.

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I posted this in the other thread but thought it belonged here too..

I have heard from a number of sources that there is a plan to bring this stadium tour to Croke Park
    in May or June of next year. No idea of number of nights or details but the plan has been put to the venue and the local council to try and make it happen. This comes from
    someone heavily involved with concert promotion in Ireland. I asked the question about other cities in Europe or further afield and they had no info. They mentioned that this
    is very much a sport stadium tour and that they would expect to confirm things by September.

Fingers crossed that Dublin City Council are proactive this time rather than dismissive.
    That will be great for the people of Dublin. Four or five concerts next year.

I don't know what he will do, but I know what he should do. There are local variations between countries in Europe as to how popular country music is, but he should tour and try to pick the countries where he has the best chance of getting a big (enough) crowd.

He did Ireland, England, Switzerland, Germany, The Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Spain, Denmark and Scotland in 1994.

The Ireland shows were all sold out. He sold out in Norway as well (he played a arena with a capacity of just 7000-8000). He said he was close to cancelling the concert in Spain, due to slow ticket sales, but then all of a sudden a lot of tickets were sold and the show was kept. I don't know how the sales were in other countries. I doubt he would visit all of those countries if he were to visit Europe again. But I see no reason Ireland, England and Norway should not be on the list of countries to visit on a tour.

Other country artists tend to play in England when they visit Europe. But others who dare to play other countries, do some times visit Norway. In the past years artist like Dolly Parton, Brad Paisley, Dixie Chicks and Alan Jackson have all had sold out shows in Norway.

The biggest seller has been Alan Jackson. He visited the #2 city in Norway in 2009 and sold more than 20 000 tickets (an early sell out). Then he visited the #4 city in 2011 and sold 13 000 tickets. In 2009 he also played in Sweden (don't know how much he sold) and was scheduled to play in Danmark. The concert in Denmark was cancelled to slow ticket sales and moved to a small city in Norway where he sold ca. 6 500 tickets.

If Garth were to sell 400 000 tickets in Dublin again, I also see a good chance of selling a lot of tickets in Norway. If he were to not play only in Oslo, I see no reason he should not sell at least 100 000 tickets in Norway, possibly as much as 150 000-200 000, but he would have to play in various parts of the country to get to the highest number.

He would most likely also sell a lot of tickets in Great Britain. As I said, I suspect local variations between the countries when it comes to ticket sales. Alan Jackson's show was cancelled in Denmark, but maybe Garth would have a sell out in that country as well, especially if he did play in Copenhagen or an other big city in Denmark? I guess he would sell a lot in Sweden too, but I don't know how much. When it comes to the Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, Finland, the Baltics, and Austria I really don't know how he would do. I would doubt he would try to tour Spain, France, Italy, Russia and the other countries in Europe than those I all ready mentioned.

Does anyone think he would still play other Europe countries, if he's selling 400K tickets to Dublin?
    Last edited by gbfevernorway; 07-26-2018 at 07:02 PM.

Germany would be a great country for Garth concerts too. Lots of country fans there! I saw him in The Netherlands in 1994 and although I don't remember whether it was sold out, he definitely sold most seats! It would be fantastic to have him play Switzerland, I live so close to Zurich now!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Garth Brooks seems to want to fix the Ireland's mess and only wants to play in Croke Park. That certainly was the impression that was given. Now I read something new that Garth Brooks wants to do an Ed Sheeran type of tour and that the other tour promotor in Ireland has the three nights booked in Croke Park next year. So I'm not quite sure about Ireland and Croke Park next year. I don't ever see it happening again. 2014 was a once off.

With Notre Dame being so late in October, I'm wondering what has he got up his sleeve for the first three weeks in October? Next year is five years since the Croke Park cancellations and it's time he comes back. Next May would make sense, it's normally a quiet month for events at Croke Park. The last time they made the announcement 6 months in advance which I thought was cutting it with the whole planning application on our side. An October announcement will be 7 months and can be done. Is this wishful thinking on my part?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    With Notre Dame being so late in October, I'm wondering what has he got up his sleeve for the first three weeks in October? Next year is five years since the Croke Park cancellations and it's time he comes back. Next May would make sense, it's normally a quiet month for events at Croke Park. The last time they made the announcement 6 months in advance which I thought was cutting it with the whole planning application on our side. An October announcement will be 7 months and can be done. Is this wishful thinking on my part?
    Sorry to say, I think it is. I so hope you guys outside the U.S. get shows someday. Not only because you deserve them, but since it's just downright lame that they haven't happened.

Another thread mentioned that Trisha was going out with her own band next year, which I think would impact possibility of any overseas tour. Not sure how extensive her tour would be, or when, but I can't imagine Garth playing Europe without her or the members of her band that he "borrows."

There are a couple of bands that I have traveled to see in Europe, Bruce Springsteen & E-Street Band & Dave Matthews Band. I think it's more likely that both of them end up playing Europe next year than Garth, and Dave Matthews Band does not even have a big overseas following. They just normally tour there after releasing an album, which they just did, so I expect they'll do at least a couple of weeks over there at some point in 2019.

Sorry to say, I think it is. I so hope you guys outside the U.S. get shows someday. Not only because you deserve them, but since it's just downright lame that they haven't happened.

Another thread mentioned that Trisha was going out with her own band next year, which I think would impact possibility of any overseas tour. Not sure how extensive her tour would be, or when, but I can't imagine Garth playing Europe without her or the members of her band that he "borrows."

There are a couple of bands that I have traveled to see in Europe, Bruce Springsteen & E-Street Band & Dave Matthews Band. I think it's more likely that both of them end up playing Europe next year than Garth, and Dave Matthews Band does not even have a big overseas following. They just normally tour there after releasing an album, which they just did, so I expect they'll do at least a couple of weeks over there at some point in 2019.
    Yeah, it's pretty lame alright. Whatever about Ireland, whatever happened to all the rumours of playing Australia. They weren't even rumours, didn't he mention Australia at some point and it just never happened. This has been his quietest year since his comeback, and nothing has been done for some overseas concerts, so I presume nothing will at this stage. I was really hoping there might be another major announcement coming up soon but it's highly unlikely really.

I thought in one of his press conferences on Monday he said he will announce other tour dates and whats happening at the ND concert. So that would be October 20th?

I wouldve thought with Triple Live and Live Anthology in November he may not tour November/December he may just promote who knows.

Im kinda guessing he will be touring a bit in 2019. But who knows where???

He won't be touring next year, not if Trisha is. They didn't get married to be apart afterall.

+ Reply to Thread