+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Entertainer Box set

Entertainer Box set

I Saw a display at my local Walmart with the circle G and the Entertainer DVD set that said “ limited time “ ... I haven’t seen these in stores in years .

Hopefully this means the Live anthology is soon ?
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Either this Wal-Mart had some old stock they were trying to get rid of or you may be on to something. What if the Live Anthology is The Entertainer box set with a book? Ha!

Was the display new looking?

Yep , the display had on it “limited time only “

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Either this Wal-Mart had some old stock they were trying to get rid of or you may be on to something. What if the Live Anthology is The Entertainer box set with a book? Ha!
    That would actually make perfect Garth sense. Just include the Entertainer with the book portion of me...

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    That would actually make perfect Garth sense. Just include the Entertainer with the book portion of me...
    So I said that kind of jokingly, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little scared that something like that might happen.

If it ends up that the Live Anthology is just The Entertainer box set with a book I think it would be the most disappointing thing he has ever released for me personally. The Live Anthology has the potential to be the most epic thing he has ever released with audio and video of things that we've never seen. We know there were so many things, particularly video, from the past that can be tapped into. It appears the first world tour was very heavily documented and we have seen footage of this from videos and TV specials. It is also seems pretty reasonable to assume that there is footage from TIGB, TIGB 2, and Ireland that has never been seen as well. As I said in a different post, just seeing those full concerts (not the edited TV special) would actually be a treat and I'd be for celebrating those TV specials with totally different looks at them.

There is just too many great opportunities for this Live Anthology to give us what we all already have. I so hope we just get something "new". It will be terribly disappointing if we don't.

I couldn't find anything on the walmart website, I guess I'll have to make it down there during the week to check my walmart out. Anyone else seen these?

What was the price?

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    I couldn't find anything on the walmart website, I guess I'll have to make it down there during the week to check my walmart out. Anyone else seen these?

What was the price?
    10 bucks

At that price I would definitely pick up a copy just for the sake of it even though my current one is pretty pristine, the only shows that really get a lot of play are Central Park and This IS GB Too!

I'll try to pop in tonight or tomorrow and will report and snap a pic if I find a display!

Welp went to Walmart and stuck out. No Garth displays, nothing in the godawful media section nor at the front where they put most new films on DVD/Blu Ray.

Oh well, anyone else had any luck?

Just FYI, went to a second Walmart last night and no Garth set....

https://mobile.twitter.com/charlesb36

I tweeted a picture of it !

Very cool, shame that my store didn't stock it. I would definitely buy another copy at that price if only to have a back ups of Central Park and TIGBToo

+ Reply to Thread