+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: June 1: Speculation Thread:

30 stadiums in 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    30 stadiums in 30 days
    Ummm...OVERKILL!!!

There's no way a regular human being can handle that type of work, even if it is Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Ummm...OVERKILL!!!

There's no way a regular human being can handle that type of work, even if it is Garth.
    20 Stadiums in 35 days?

No one has mentioned the clue he gave on studio G some time ago - he said something along the lines of having to get federal government approval for the next thing he is doing... what could that be for?

Since this is just speculating. What if he is doing a movie theater show. He will show one of his concerts or a mix to help promote the Live Album and the DVD for anthology 1 and promote the Live Anthology. Or just a live concert that is beamed to thousands of movie theaters to promote the product. Just like they did on HBO with Central Park but LIVE and having merchandise available. A whole new concert experience, lots of plugs for the live stuff coming out, vendors selling stuff at theaters. One concert, thousands of cities.

He did that before. I remember going to (then) Downtown Disney to see it...but there was any merch so who knows?!

This does go through the fall. It's not just for the summer.

Does it change anyone's thoughts on it if this is not is normal show but involves lots of new things? I have no info on that. Just asking.

Strangely I'm not all that interested in live shows. I am much more interested in new music or any other product related announcements. For this reason, I except to be disappointed when it's just a tour announcement.

If it is indeed a college tour, I'd love to see Garth back in Stillwater. I can't think of a better place for G to have a concert special. It'd be cool to see it documentary style sorta like Dublin and This is Garth Brooks was. He could revisit his former landmarks like Willie's Saloon and his old house (which happens to be for sale by the way).

The stadium at OSU holds nearly 60,000 for football games.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post

Does it change anyone's thoughts on it if this is not is normal show but involves lots of new things? I have no info on that. Just asking.
    If it's a summer tour through the fall, that sounds a lot to me like a shed tour. Outdoor amphitheaters. Open air. And the partnership aspect may be that he's teaming up with someone else like FGL or some other act to double-bill the shows. That sounds more doable than a stadium tour. But if it is just a summer shed tour, then the "need federal government approval" and "playing on the moon would be a step back from this" statements would have to be nothing but Garth's typical overhyping and marketing bravado. I dunno. Whatever it is, I fully expect it to be not as big of a deal as what he's implying.

The one good thing though, is that since it's a tour of some sort, I expect the new live album and the new live anthology will be announced for release in late June or early July as the items the tour will be promoting. So, even if the tour itself ends up not being that big of a deal, the accompanying product releases will still be something good to look forward to.

The more I think about it, I think he is teaming up with YouTube to sponsor this tour in whatever fashion the tour is going to be. In addition to that, I think he is partnering up with YouTube's new premium service to release his music, music videos and yes, the Anthology documentary. He has mentioned looking for a partner to release the documentary. It'd be cool if the impending tour culminated with a live concert streamed on the site.

With the success of the series Cobra Kai (episode 1 has over 33 million views), YouTube is now shown to be a viable option in the original content streaming world.

I would like to see him open the flood gates with Apple and Spotify, but I'd also welcome a move with YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    The more I think about it, I think he is teaming up with YouTube to sponsor this tour in whatever fashion the tour is going to be. In addition to that, I think he is partnering up with YouTube's new premium service to release his music, music videos and yes, the Anthology documentary. He has mentioned looking for a partner to release the documentary. It'd be cool if the impending tour culminated with a live concert streamed on the site.

With the success of the series Cobra Kai (episode 1 has over 33 million views), YouTube is now shown to be a viable option in the original content streaming world.

I would like to see him open the flood gates with Apple and Spotify, but I'd also welcome a move with YouTube.
    Partnering with YouTube would also give him a way to re-release all the old music, concert, and tv specials, which Amazon wouldn't really be great for.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    If it's a summer tour through the fall, that sounds a lot to me like a shed tour. Outdoor amphitheaters. Open air. And the partnership aspect may be that he's teaming up with someone else like FGL or some other act to double-bill the shows. That sounds more doable than a stadium tour. But if it is just a summer shed tour, then the "need federal government approval" and "playing on the moon would be a step back from this" statements would have to be nothing but Garth's typical overhyping and marketing bravado. I dunno. Whatever it is, I fully expect it to be not as big of a deal as what he's implying.

The one good thing though, is that since it's a tour of some sort, I expect the new live album and the new live anthology will be announced for release in late June or early July as the items the tour will be promoting. So, even if the tour itself ends up not being that big of a deal, the accompanying product releases will still be something good to look forward to.
    I just had another thought, what if, instead of DVDs and CDs being included in the Live Anthology book (like the CDs that came with the first anthology), all supplementary media for the live anthology will be exclusive to YouTube's pay service, and they have worked it out so that if you buy the book, you get a 6 month free subscription to YouTube, or vice versa, meaning if you pay for 6-12 month subscription you get the book for free?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I just had another thought, what if, instead of DVDs and CDs being included in the Live Anthology book (like the CDs that came with the first anthology), all supplementary media for the live anthology will be exclusive to YouTube's pay service, and they have worked it out so that if you buy the book, you get a 6 month free subscription to YouTube, or vice versa, meaning if you pay for 6-12 month subscription you get the book for free?
    Exactly what should happen. He'll want the actual CD's/DVD's to be included to bump RIAA numbers, but they should absolutely be available digitally as well.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post

Awesome, so we know we have a tour, that is going to last a few months, and he needed federal government approval (did youtube need this for their streaming thing?)

The countdown is really on now!!!

In terms of the tour, I think we can say its not going to be arena's. So what we have left is stadiums, or small theaters or fields.

If hes going with youtube, that will be interesting.

Garth's people have been very tight lipped so far, I thought something wouldve slipped out from him his management by now.

Like everyone, I am excited to see what this ends up being. It seems pretty clear it is some sort of tour, I just hope there is a unique element to it. My guess is that it does have something to do with a release probably Double Live and/or Live Anthology or maybe even the new album, who knows. I know it is not his normal time of year for a release, but if we also have the first installment of the DVD Anthology and a new album coming I really struggle with all of that being released around the holidays. I think this would be to create excitement for something.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Like everyone, I am excited to see what this ends up being. It seems pretty clear it is some sort of tour, I just hope there is a unique element to it. My guess is that it does have something to do with a release probably Double Live and/or Live Anthology or maybe even the new album, who knows. I know it is not his normal time of year for a release, but if we also have the first installment of the DVD Anthology and a new album coming I really struggle with all of that being released around the holidays. I think this would be to create excitement for something.
    I think it's time for the Vegas recording to come out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I think it's time for the Vegas recording to come out.
    And Yankee Stadium, and the Ryman performance, and the others he filmed on the tour.

Fever and Emerald you guys are so right. I would be SO EXCITED to see Vegas, Yankee Stadium and The Ryman shows see the light of day. How cool would that be?

He must have loads of recordings for a new boxset. Vegas and Ryman would be awesome. I don't want him starting another tour without putting out what he recorded for his last tour.

I hope Garth doesn't wait until he is 80 years old or dead to have the concerts released. I loved when Pearl Jam released theirs on CD and I went to Tower and Wherehouse trying to find various concerts on CD. It was so fun to play the CD and close my eyes and imagine I was there. That's the experience I want. I want to put the Las Vegas, Ryman, New York concerts on the player and close my eyes and pretend I am at that certain concert. I have a Barenaked Ladies D from several concerts I went to. Love trying to listen to see if I can hear myself and remember the show. I loved how they did usb for one of the concerts I went to. Paid for it at start of show and picked it up after show. Only took 20 minutes.
    I don't want it to be like Jerry Garcia and the Dead, a couple releases during the year. We can only hope.

+ Reply to Thread