+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: June 1: Speculation Thread: **BUSTED**

Im like 99.9% sure he will announce on June 1st, if he doesnt, then im 50/50 that there will be studio G on Monday.

Does anyone subscribe to You Tube Red? It makes sense that he could put all of his video content on there as has already been mentioned and it is game changing because he will be trying to lead the way in artists protecting all of their video material but still have a place that fans can pay to easily access it. Especially in this age of everyone going digital and away from physical copies of things. Of course future specials like maybe the recording he did at the Bluebird with the songwriters. Crap! I'm going to have to pay for another subscription cause of Garth.

Scouring the internet for any hints on what Garth may do on Friday. Only one thing was sort of peculiar to me and that is Jimmy Kimmel's Friday guests are TBA. As I'm sure we all remember that he has appeared on JK a couple times the last few years instead of the NY late night shows.

I doubt he would be on Kimmel without much notice, but if it is indeed a big announcement with a partner located in California, it'd be cool and logical to see him appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live that night.

http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel...e-for-05282018

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Scouring the internet for any hints on what Garth may do on Friday. Only one thing was sort of peculiar to me and that is Jimmy Kimmel's Friday guests are TBA. As I'm sure we all remember that he has appeared on JK a couple times the last few years instead of the NY late night shows.

I doubt he would be on Kimmel without much notice, but if it is indeed a big announcement with a partner located in California, it'd be cool and logical to see him appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live that night.

http://abc.go.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel...e-for-05282018
    That would be cool. Is youtube or spotify or apple located in CA?

Remember there is a tour of some sort also.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    That would be cool. Is youtube or spotify or apple located in CA?

Remember there is a tour of some sort also.
    YouTube and Apple have their headquarters in Cali. Spotify does have a few offices in Cali, but their main U.S. branch is in NYC.

Kimmel has repeats on Friday night. Thursday's show will be Live following the NBA Finals game, but Friday will be a rerun.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Kimmel has repeats on Friday night. Thursday's show will be Live following the NBA Finals game, but Friday will be a rerun.
    I always thought that as well, but looking into it I noticed that they had a live Friday show on Friday, May 18th with Ryan Seacrest as the lead guest. It is the norm to have a rerun on Fridayís, but not always absolute. Thereís very little chance G would be on, but itís just odd they havenít announced the show yet.

How about Ellen?

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    How about Ellen?
    ď6/1: Favorite musical moments from Season 15, featuring U2, Cardi B, Demi Lovatoď

I assume that means itís a clip show.

Well the countdown is really on now, No one is saying anything, I must of tweeted every country music Journo on twitter, a ton of country radio stations, and country music websites, I didnt expect any information, but I
    didnt get one reply. :-( People are being very tight lipped, Im sure his pals know what the announcement is, no ones talking!!!! Man I just hanging out till friday!!

Some talk shows are going on hiatus for the summer starting next week. So they might start taking off Friday

Well the countdown is really on now, No one is saying anything, I must of tweeted every country music Journo on twitter, a ton of country radio stations, and country music websites, I didnt expect any information, but I
    didnt get one reply. :-( People are being very tight lipped, Im sure his pals know what the announcement is, no ones talking!!!! Man I just hanging out till friday!!
    You're assuming people know. i think besides trisha no one knows anything.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    You're assuming people know. i think besides trisha no one knows anything.
    True, but they must know at least there is an announcement, and being Journalists Im sure they are trying to dig.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Why, oh why do I get the developing feeling that people are going to be sore, complaining, and disappointed.. no one truly knows what will happen. or won't happen. the rampant speculation and getting peoples' hopes/ideas/fantasies/wishes up.. it'll only lead to disappointment.. I'll call it... There will be complaints posted on PG in the aftermath of the announcement, whatever form it may take..

Would I love to be wrong? yep.. 10 to one I'm not though..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Not gonna complain because I'm not expecting anything big.

We all have our hopes, I dont think there will be, too many complaints, unless there is no announcement or the announcement is something along the lines of "The anthology will be exclusive to amazon" or something.

Since we know there is a tour, (small venues maybe) that will be a fun thing to announce, I think Garth saying hes going to be playing in venues that take less than a hundred people, that will be pretty cool.

As long as there is an announcement, and its not something that didnt require a big build up, people will be happy.

Since we know there is a tour, (small venues maybe) that will be a fun thing to announce, I think Garth saying hes going to be playing in venues that take less than a hundred people, that will be pretty cool.
    3K Theatres maybe....venues that hold under 100 people, not a chance.

if it's a tour of smaller venues, i wouldn't mind amphitheaters. They just built one where I live.

I think there will be some disappointment on Friday

The longer the week goes on without any sort of rumors or leaks coming out from the media, the more I will prepare to be let down. If, what I hope, that he has partnered with a YouTube, Apple, or Spotify, then I can't imagine no rumors coming out in the next couple of days. Too many people are involved in making those things happen.

If we're still without a clue on Thursday night then I will be prepared for it to be a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    The longer the week goes on without any sort of rumors or leaks coming out from the media, the more I will prepare to be let down. If, what I hope, that he has partnered with a YouTube, Apple, or Spotify, then I can't imagine no rumors coming out in the next couple of days. Too many people are involved in making those things happen.

If we're still without a clue on Thursday night then I will be prepared for it to be a dud.
    But Thursday night will be exciting, like xmas eve. For me, It will be Friday night (time zones) I will go to bed, by the time I get up, (5pm June 1st USA time est) the announcement will
    be made, Im not going to the news sites or Garth's social media, I will come to planet Garth first thing to see what people are saying.

But Thursday night will be exciting, like xmas eve. For me, It will be Friday night (time zones) I will go to bed, by the time I get up, (5pm June 1st USA time est) the announcement will
    be made, Im not going to the news sites or Garth's social media, I will come to planet Garth first thing to see what people are saying.

I like and share your excitement!

Well hes in Nashville at the moment,

Layman Drug Company
    ‏ @LaymanDrugCo
    6h6 hours ago

You know it’s a good day when @garthbrooks pops in for a tour!!!

Go to their webpage and you see other country artists, recording and performing.

http://laymandrugcompany.com/live-from-layman/
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 05-30-2018 at 09:09 PM.

Hes also on their facebook page. I wonder if this is what he meant by fitting his whole band in, then again, its not a tour.

https://www.facebook.com/laymandrugcompany/

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I think there will be some disappointment on Friday
    I tend to agree. I donít want to rain on anyoneís parade or squash excitement. Iím personally in a wait and see mode. Iím prepared to be excited if the announcement is great, but who knows. I think itís even possible we donít get it tomorrow. Garth did say something about that it was coming June 1 unless they let him announce it on Studio G which does mean there is a chance we hear nothing tomorrow. Then there is also the change it gets moved completely . Not the first time this wouldíve happened.

I just feel Iíve gotten so amped up in years past only to be disappointed that I want to see what it actually is.

I'll add to the speculation. Just going on what we know... Small theatre type tour and the mention of Youtube a few months ago. Garth starts the tour in July. We know tickets will be tough to come by so he uses Youtube to stream the shows for a fee. It gives people the option to view the shows from the comfort of their homes as well as use it to promote the new music.

Yeah, this time tomorrow we will probably know!! Been going back reading old articles from last year eg: Billboard etc. I think we are going to be pleasantly surprised now that we have lowered out expectations.
    It might not be mindblowing stuff, but I think we will like it.

Or Maybe, just maybe it will be like that New Zealand stand up comedian.

He did this huge review of Jerry Seinfeld, (he came here last year) In his review he said, he didnt lower his expectations on how good Seinfeld would be, infact He had the highest of expectations going in to see his
    idol, the man who made him want to be a stand comedian, he said, I had expectations that not even Seinfeld could match, but I had knowing that if he even came close, it would still be a great night. He then wrote, in the
    end, Seinfeld by far exceeded my highest expectations.

So who knows what will happen, at this stage, a small theater tour and a digital partner will be pretty cool, if that is what the announcement is.

I have Hughes Net so I am kinda hoping it's not digital or at least have the option of DVD, Blu-ray, or even 4k at this point.

I know 1 thing for certain, if/when there is no announcement on Friday, there will be a lot of negative posts on this thread.

I've always thought that Friday seemed like a weird day to announce something significant. That's why news organizations refer to any big story on Friday as being part of the Friday afternoon "dump." It will not surprise me if nothing is said until after the weekend. We'll know in the next 18 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I know 1 thing for certain, if/when there is no announcement on Friday, there will be a lot of negative posts on this thread.

I've always thought that Friday seemed like a weird day to announce something significant. That's why news organizations refer to any big story on Friday as being part of the Friday afternoon "dump." It will not surprise me if nothing is said until after the weekend. We'll know in the next 18 hours.
    I have high hopes, that their will be an announcement on Friday (USA Time.) When I go back and watch studio G, the people who did it, were firm on June 1st I thought and not ambiguous. I guess then on studio G Garth will go
    indepth on it.

I dont think there will be too many negative posts, although I do think if there is nothing at all on Friday and no Studio G on Monday, this place, including myself will be going off.

+ Reply to Thread