+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth may not attend ACM (Show will mention Vegas Shooting.

Garth may not attend ACM (Show will mention Vegas Shooting.

https://wkkj.iheart.com/content/2018...managed_social

One member of the country music community that who is not expected to attend is the awards show is Garth Brooks. While he might not be there, he does see this as an opportunity for the show to make a statement.

"Sometimes in an awards show, there are moments that can happen that are bigger than the whole show itself," he says. "I'm hoping there's going to be some magic, because it's laying there to be had, and it couldn't happen to better people in a more tragic situation, how they all reacted and how they acted together."

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    https://wkkj.iheart.com/content/2018...managed_social

One member of the country music community that who is not expected to attend is the awards show is Garth Brooks. While he might not be there, he does see this as an opportunity for the show to make a statement.

"Sometimes in an awards show, there are moments that can happen that are bigger than the whole show itself," he says. "I'm hoping there's going to be some magic, because it's laying there to be had, and it couldn't happen to better people in a more tragic situation, how they all reacted and how they acted together."
    Always willing to stir up the pot aren't you?

Sometimes pots need stirring, though I don't see how it is occurring in Brett's post.

Me either...

Stirring the pot

We should stick to only mentioning things everyone here agrees on - like how great it is that Garth keeps putting out new boxed sets of old material!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlpadacas View Post
    We should stick to only mentioning things everyone here agrees on - like how great it is that Garth keeps putting out new boxed sets of old material!
    Now thatís funny. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlpadacas View Post
    Now I want to disagree with that. He puts a new booklet of some kind in each one!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Always willing to stir up the pot aren't you?
    I guess I can see how people may take it that way and I actually thought twice about posting it,
    I wouldnt have posted it if there was no mention of Garth Brooks.

I mean its about the ACM's and Garth and a Horrific event that happened at a Jason Aldean concert.

At terms of what they're going to do at the start of the show, I think it will be more of a remembrance
    thing and asking about people coming together, Garth will probably be featured in a video link or something.

But again, I did think twice about posting the link.

I just hope Garth does appear in the show.

Oh is their a reason, that Garth isnt attending the ACM's as some reports are saying?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    the question would be Dale, what are those reports saying? why exactly wouldn't he be attending? (full disclosure- my week has been standardized testing with my 7th graders.. so I've not been looking at things Garth wise as I normally would)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I suspect he is not attending because he's been given heads up that Jason Aldean will win. Given the context and setting, that outcome seems inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by G&TTreknTech77 View Post
    I suspect he is not attending because he's been given heads up that Jason Aldean will win. Given the context and setting, that outcome seems inevitable.
    I can't say if that's the truth or not, but it wouldn't surprise me. I'm as disgusted as anyone with the events in LAs Vegas, but honestly, if Jason Aldean DOES win EoY... how is it anything really but a....... well a pity award.. a political award... Looking at the other nominees however.. It won't surprise me at all if Garth gets 'shafted'.. I can't see how the other nominees have been bigger entertainers in the eligibility period.. (MAIN AWARDS – November 24, 2016 to December 31, 2017) but they have been more popular.... nuff said

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It's just the one website that said "Garth is not expected to attend" So perhap's its wrong.

great or not... right or not... EoY for Aldean.. It was political/pity award, not truly for entertaining (at least that's my current opinion)

"Jason Aldean wins entertainer of the year
    McEntire presented the biggest award of the night: Entertainer of the year. Jason Aldean won the award and after thanking his loved ones, he said, "It's been a rough year. I just want to say thanks to everybody that reached out to us, that showed us love and support over the last six months. It meant the world to us."

He paid tribute to the victims of the Las Vegas shooting and said, "To my Route 91 people, you guys are in our hearts always. I love you guys, and we love Las Vegas. Vegas strong, baby. Thank you." On Friday, Aldean talked to CBS News' Vladimir Duthiers about returning to Las Vegas six months after the shooting."

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    great or not... right or not... EoY for Aldean.. It was political/pity award, not truly for entertaining (at least that's my current opinion)

McEntire presented the biggest award of the night: Entertainer of the year. Jason Aldean won the award and after thanking his loved ones, he said, "It's been a rough year. I just want to say thanks to everybody that reached out to us, that showed us love and support over the last six months. It meant the world to us."

He paid tribute to the victims of the Las Vegas shooting and said, "To my Route 91 people, you guys are in our hearts always. I love you guys, and we love Las Vegas. Vegas strong, baby. Thank you." On Friday, Aldean talked to CBS News' Vladimir Duthiers about returning to Las Vegas six months after the shooting."
    For the record, I co-sign with your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post

Totally agree. Overall I thought the show was awful. How can anyone like Georgia Florida Line?

So what exactly did Jason Aldean do other than run off the stage and into a limo? Was he in any other way deserving of this award? I admit, other than Garth and Willie, I'm not a country music fan, and certainly not the new stuff. If they gave him the award for the October events, that's pretty sad, and shows how fixed it all is.

Hell I'm not a psychologist, but I guarantee you that them giving him the EOY trophy probably made his grief a LITTLE bit worse if not more.

How's this for a theory? Garth was going to attend, and everything had indicated he was likely to win EOY. Then, a few days ago, he was notified that the ACM's had decided to give the award to Jason Aldean. Garth told them where to go(maybe/maybe not), and then said he was not going to bother showing up just to sit in the audience and watch while he lost an award he deserved.

Make up a special award for Aldean. Devote a whole segment to him on the show. Make a big donation on his behalf to a fund for the victims' families. But don't just give him an award based upon him being in the wrong place at the wrong time. It's not like he rescued 10's of people from the audience or something, and was a hero.

Bet not a word was said about "GUNS." Can't take a moral stand can ya country music? Not surprising given Reba's political leanings and moral convictions. Would not surprise me if she had some say in the matter of who got the award.

I'd feel the same exact way if this had happened with someone I didn't care about, as it's just plain wrong. But it's just an award, and it's all fake politics.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Garth told them where to go(maybe/maybe not), and then said he was not going to bother showing up just to sit in the audience and watch while he lost an award he deserved.
    Dude, get serious. Do you think he would be that condescending if your theory was actually true?

I doubt Garth told them off. He' not like that. Aren't ACM's fan voted anyways?

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I doubt Garth told them off. He' not like that. Aren't ACM's fan voted anyways?
    Oh I hope not. I don't know anyone who likes Miranda Lambert!!

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    Aren't ACM's fan voted anyways?

Yeah I think they actually quit doing that awhile back.

Garth said on Studio G awhile back that his vote would go to Jason Aldean. He said on Studio G today that scheduling didn't line up because Trisha was in North Carolina for something (?) and he scheduled sessions for the new album today that couldn't really be moved. I think when it comes down to it if he had something to promote or thought he would win, he would have showed up, but it was probably too big of a hassle to sit in the audience.

Trisha has a new furniture line coming out, that's why she was in NC.

+ Reply to Thread