+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Australian Radio DJ Talks About Garth Touring

Australian Radio DJ Talks About Garth Touring

Okay, so the radio station that I did previous posts about did a live facebook thing.

It was about them setting up radio stations in various areas thru out Melbourne, Australia.

He talked about artists touring Australia, during it, he did a big thing about Garth.

As he was doing this live feed, he basically noted all the comments in the comment section and said this about
    Garth....

I feel that we are getting blamed for Garth not coming here, we are just the messenger, we are in contact
    with Garth's manager, 12 months ago we talked directly to Garth and were told he will be touring Australia and the rest of the world.

In feburary I talked to Garth's Manager, Garth was all set to tour Australia December 2017 and January 2018.

It didnt happen, because the USA tour took so long, but Garth has been trying to fit all the shows in, by doing two shows per night and performing to 1 to 2am, which no artist has done before.

At the moment Garth has gone back and is talking to all the leading Promoters in Australia to see who can give him the best deal, and he will be touring Australia.

The DJ then said, as soon as we know we will announce it ASAP and wont wait.

The DJ also said we have a couple of scoures that are close to Garth, and if they let anything slip, they will let us know straight away.

Here is the link to the stations facebook page, they should have the video up there, its about 12 minutes long.

he starts talking about Garth three minutes in.

https://www.facebook.com/rockinthiscountry
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 03-12-2018 at 05:34 AM.

I truly hope that Garth hits cities all over the globe soon!

Kind of feel sorry for the station. Here they have this BIG MAJOR NEWS about new stations to announce, and it probably went over like a lead balloon since everyone was hoping it would be a Garth announcement.

Well as we have seen from Studio G, he's very fluid when it comes to future plans. When I saw him in Houston 3 years ago he made a promise to come back to do the livestock show. But as we can see, it took him 3 years to fulfill that promise. He will make it there. Just takes time as other stuff pops up. I don't think he expected to be this busy when he came out of retirement.

You don't just chop and change a tour that's already planned. This tour was planned from the start because Garth originally said it was going to be a three year tour in 2014. Didn't he say last year that they were going to play till the end of the year? But 12 months ago he was also ready to hit Australia at the end of the year. It's pure bull and he has no intention of touring outside of America which is a shame really. Nobody else can sell out like him.

Well, to be fair he planned on opening the tour abroad but as we know it went afoul so maybe he has a bitter taste his mouth that he's waiting to dissipate before he strikes out again.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Well, to be fair he planned on opening the tour abroad but as we know it went afoul so maybe he has a bitter taste his mouth that he's waiting to dissipate before he strikes out again.
    It was Ireland, not the entire world. And it was almost 4 years ago. I guess he's pretty bitter to shaft the fans he claimed how badly he wanted to play 5 shows for, when they had nothing to do with the Dublin cancellations.

I know it wasn't the whole world. But it was going to be started in Ireland then went sour. When Garth has things that backfire in very public way, whether it's is fault or not, he tends to back away from it. At least for a while. Like Chris Gaines. He was able to easily go back to the US and begin his tour probably without giving the international stuff too much attention seeing how successful his comeback was.
    You can't say they had nothing to do with the cancellations. They indirectly did through their government allowing poor planning on their end then backtracking. I doubt seriously he is "shafting" the fans. He's been extremely busy in the US and is in the middle of putting out more projects. It probably doesn't feel like 4 years to him. We know he loves Ireland. Time needed to pass for bitter feelings to go away. In his comeback press conference it sounded like he really wanted the Ireland shows to be special by having comparing the shows to Elvis comeback in Hawaii. He's butt hurt. Could be painting all overseas plans with the same brush, fair or not.
    I think he likes his routine right now and going international would take him out of it. Maybe the international market is now longer a consideration for him at this time in his life. On the other hand, you see him on Studio G offering to have TY cook a meal for a European couple when they come visit Nashville.

The way I see it, if the people of Ireland weren't so *****y in the first place, we wouldn't be having this conversation. For the record, this is not directed to our Ireland members over here because you know the full details of the story. My rant is more directed at the people who were threatening riots if those concerts went through, all because of multiple factors like "breaking the 3 concert rule", or "not getting a pub" (which btw I don't even drink). They had a chance to mature adults about that debacle and they chose not to.

Now don't get me wrong, I do feel bad about places like Germany, Spain, Australia and probably Japan was on the list not getting anything word yet and I think most of those places would treat Garth like a king compared to Ireland. Just my opinion on this guys, don't bite my head.

Why is this coming back to Ireland 2014 again? He tried to get something going for this year and it was a no go because of the numbers from the last time, it has to be Croke Park or 10 nights in smaller stadiums around the country. Guess they can't give him a guarantee because a license is only granted a month before the event... Why play Europe when he's leaving out his biggest market? Maybe he's knocked back and thinks he can't make it abroad anymore. Which is stupid because he can make it abroad, just look at the numbers sold from 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Why is this coming back to Ireland 2014 again? He tried to get something going for this year and it was a no go because of the numbers from the last time, it has to be Croke Park or 10 nights in smaller stadiums around the country. Guess they can't give him a guarantee because a license is only granted a month before the event... Why play Europe when he's leaving out his biggest market? Maybe he's knocked back and thinks he can't make it abroad anymore. Which is stupid because he can make it abroad, just look at the numbers sold from 2014.
    If he really wanted to stick it to Ireland. Not so much the fans, but the country itself, in terms of economic results. Go to Europe and play everywhere except Ireland. Heck, that might even make stadiums possible, because there will be demand from Ireland residents who will travel to see him, since flying in Europe is like flying between states in the U.S. He could play in Cardiff which is a ferry ride away from Dublin. He won't do that of course, and I'm sure there are reasons why that we may never really be made aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    If he really wanted to stick it to Ireland. Not so much the fans, but the country itself, in terms of economic results. Go to Europe and play everywhere except Ireland. Heck, that might even make stadiums possible, because there will be demand from Ireland residents who will travel to see him, since flying in Europe is like flying between states in the U.S. He could play in Cardiff which is a ferry ride away from Dublin. He won't do that of course, and I'm sure there are reasons why that we may never really be made aware of.
    Why would he come back. Look at the four concerts this year and the residents are out complaining again. Why would he come back here again. If he played five nights (and just him in Croke Park) and split up the days into two weekends to please the residents, they'll be still out complaining. The die hard fans would travel to Europe. So long as it's not a 6 weeks notice thing. I've traveled to America to see him and so glad I did. I'd do it again, so I wouldn't say no to Europe.

The question is could he tour Europe and still make a profit. A lot of artist tour Europe but from what I've heard, few of them actually ink out a profit. I know Tim, Faith and other country artist just toured Europe including Dublin. If he really wanted to he definitely could.

Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    I know Tim, Faith and other country artist just toured Europe including Dublin. If he really wanted to he definitely could.
    Sarah Darling has been touring mostly small venues around London, Brighton, Glasgow and she's set to visit Belfast, Dublin, Liverpool and Bristol next week and currently has been selling out some venues.

+ Reply to Thread