+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What's Your Dream Scenario of the Announcements This Year?

What's Your Dream Scenario of the Announcements This Year?

I've been thinking about what I hope happens this year and I was wondering what some of you HOPE happens? Not what you think will, but what is your dream scenario for Garth's announcements?

I must admit, I went pretty wonky and specific here so bare with me. I know it's unlikely that some of it will happen, but it is the definition of my dream year for Garth.

ACM Awards 4/15: New single is premiered hourly on country radio with iHeartRadio on the 14th. Garth performs it at the ACM's the night after.

At Stagecoach (4/27): The entire catalogue is released on Apple Music (iTunes) and Spotify. All of the videos are released on YouTube with links to buy the albums.

Week after Stagecoach (5/4): The new single has a music video posted on YouTube and Facebook with the announcement of the new album.

First week of June (6/1): The new album drops. Garth goes on the morning shows, late night, and Ellen over the next couple of weeks and also announces a stadium tour starting in the Fall.

September: The first single goes #1 (of course ). Second single is released.

October: Stadium tour begins. Announced as Super Bowl Halftime Performer. Announces the Live Anthology and Live Album.

November: Performs at the CMA's.

Week before Thanksgiving: The new live album drops. Hosts and performs on Saturday Night Live. Featured on 60 Minutes. Performs a classroom instruments version of FILP's with Jimmy Fallon.

Black Friday: The Live Anthology is released and includes the new live album.

First week of December: Is a guest coach and performs on The Voice.

How about that for a year?
    Last edited by DuckStreetCowboy; 03-07-2018 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    I've been thinking about what I hope happens this year and I was wondering what some of you HOPE happens? Not what you think will, but what is your dream scenario for Garth's announcements?

I must admit, I went pretty wonky and specific here so bare with me. I know it's unlikely that some of it will happen, but it is the definition of my dream year for Garth.

ACM Awards 4/15: New single is premiered hourly on country radio with iHeartRadio on the 14th. Garth performs it at the ACM's the night after.

At Stagecoach (4/27): The entire catalogue is released on Apple Music (iTunes) and Spotify. All of the videos are released on YouTube with links to buy the albums.

Week after Stagecoach (5/4): The new single has a music video posted on YouTube and Facebook with the announcement of the new album.

First week of June (6/1): The new album drops. Garth goes on the morning shows, late night, and Ellen over the next couple of weeks and also announces a stadium tour starting in the Fall.

September: The first single goes #1 (of course ). Second single is released.

October: Stadium tour begins. Announced as Super Bowl Halftime Performer. Announces the Live Anthology and Live Album.

November: Performs at the CMA's.

Week before Thanksgiving: The new live album drops. Hosts and performs on Saturday Night Live. Featured on 60 Minutes. Performs a classroom instruments version of FILP's with Jimmy Fallon.

Black Friday: The Live Anthology is released and includes the new live album.

First week of December: Is a guest coach and performs on The Voice.

How about that for a year?
    That would be brilliant, that would be beyond brilliant.

Great topic!!!

Heck Im sort of the same as DuckStreetCowboy

Garth wins Entertainer of the year at ACM's, sings his new single, it generates as much Buzz as Shameless did in the 90's, he breaks the
    internet.

Next day, he announces hes on Apple and Youtube. Everything he has every done is released there. Including the New studio album.

(singles from it, will be released every month)

He goes on all the Major tv shows to promote it.

It becomes his highest selling album and is critically praised and wins everything at the next Granmmys.

StageCoach, he announces a world tour to start immediately. He does New Zealand and Australia first, then he does Europe and Asia. The tour is
    fast and goes May/June/July.

He then releases the Anthology , included in the Anthology is a complete DVD of every overseas concert he did in 1994 and hours of footage from the
    USA concerts in the 90's that has never been released.

He then comes back and announces, hes going to do Major stadium concerts at the worlds most famous venue's, The Rose Bowl in the USA, Wembly Stadium
    in England, the Nova Camp in Spain, Stade D France in France, MCG in Aussie, Rose gardens in India.

He then goes to Croke Park, as he flys into Ireland around 20 Croke Park residents are there to protest and have put in legal action to stop
    the concert, Garth walks up to them and says "Im Playing Croke Park, deal with it B**ches"

The concert goes ahead and is successful.

He comes back to the states and is everywhere on TV, other artists beg hm to write and sing with them.

In November he releases the Live album, its complty raw, with no studio work done to it, Rolling Stone calls it
    the greatest live album ever done.

It breaks all records.

He then says hes getting into television and will be a major player on the third season of Stranger Things.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 03-07-2018 at 03:29 AM.

My wants are relatively simple...

-I would actually like to see at least 1 more single from Gunslinger. Weekend, He Really Loves You, or Whiskey to Wine, or whatever.

-New live album that actually sounds like a live album (no fadeouts between songs, good flow, same order as the average setlists, bonus disc of the best housekeeping performances).
    ---> w/ accompanying live DVD

-Anthology 2

-New album in Nov

As for a tour, I would like to see him tour Europe and Australia this year, and do the U.S. stadium tour next year. Especially since scheduling a stadium tour in September / October at the height of football and baseball season would be quite a challenge.

With regard to iTunes, Spotify, and YouTube, that would be nice but I'm kinda over it. I read something a while back where Garth basically said that he knew what he was missing out on by not being on those services, and that he was okay with it. If he's okay with it, then I guess I am too. Amazon is sufficient for now. Especially considering that the rumor going around is that iTunes will stop selling music next year altogether and go exclusively to Apple Music streaming.

My hopes are simple. I hope we actually get what we have been told is coming and that it isnít continually delayed by hints and announcements to come.

1. Live Album

2. The DVD portion of the First Five Years

3. The Live Anthology (with the DVD portion) - I actually hope this includes something besides the 4 specials included in Entertainer box set

4. New Album

If we actually get these things, which have all been hinted at since last summer, it will be a huge year.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    My hopes are simple. I hope we actually get what we have been told is coming and that it isnít continually delayed by hints and announcements to come.

1. Live Album

3. The Live Anthology (with the DVD portion) - I actually hope this includes something besides the 4 specials included in Entertainer box set

4. New Album

If we actually get these things, which have all been hinted at since last summer, it will be a huge year.
    Excellent points. If what we have been told that is coming, actually does, it will be brilliant.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    My hopes are simple. I hope we actually get what we have been told is coming and that it isn’t continually delayed by hints and announcements to come.

1. Live Album

4. New Album

short, sweet, to the point, and amen!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Well we are quickly approaching May and we have heard almost nothing about any of these projects. The Billboard article specifically stated that the first part of the documentary to the Anthology would "ideally" come out in the Spring. Then we have the live album which was at least hinted it would come at the end of the tour and we still haven't heard a thing about it. (Remember Double Live was released right at the conclusion of the tour.) We do know he is working on the new album, but I suspect since they are just now tracking it that it will probably be November (Black Friday) before it comes out. (For those who aren't aware after tracking you have overdubs, mixing, mastering, and then all the promotional teams getting together on how to promote a product. So unless they are fast tracking it it will be several months before the album sees the light of day.) Then we have the live Anthology which I still think will come at the same time as the live album. I am convinced they will be somehow bundled together to maximize sales of both.

On one hand I'm kind of fascinated how he is going to release all of these things. If they all really come this year we are going to have an action packed 6 months, or at least an action packed holiday season. On the other hand, part of me thinks there is NO WAY we are getting all of this stuff this year. With Garth's track record of talking about things prematurely and then it seemingly taking forever to see the light of day it gets frustrating. I do like that he sometimes talks about upcoming projects, but I think the thing that gets at me is it always seems like it takes longer for things to see the light of day than is implied.

We obviously have Stagecoach coming and it was hinted that he may reveal some things then, but I'll believe it when it happens.

The other thing that kind of gets me is Garth had a #1 hit at the end of the year with "Ask Me How I Know". His first in over a decade. It seems to me that you would want to capitalize on that momentum and at least have a single ready to go fairly quickly (within a few months anyways). Being an older artist, and with him typically have trouble getting radio play since the comeback, it seems even more important than it would for a younger artist to capitalize on that. I don't get why no other single came from Gunslinger and he seems to be taking his sweet time. I guess you could argue that the absence creates more excitement and buzz, but I'm not sure it does when you've not had much of a radio presence prior to that in over a decade. The whole thing just seems odd.

As a fan, I really hope we get the 4 teased projects this year, but with each passing month that we hear nothing I'm becoming more and more doubtful.
    Last edited by rhd13; 04-19-2018 at 12:23 PM.

I am wondering if he is going to release these things towards the end like was mentioned. Next year is his 30th anniversary of Garth Brooks (even though it doesn't seem that long ago) and maybe he is planning his projects to mark that milestone? I can see him turning this into a year long celebration. I am also wondering if he will do a push on DL or Triple Live is a repackage of DL so he can keep his title of top selling country album per RIAA standards. Shania is behind him but if he retires that album to soon......
    So I would like to see him do a rerelease of his first album mush the way U2 did with their catalog a few years ago. Do it in a box with xtras, maybe number it etc. Plus they had various configurations of the album for the fans and collectors. I could see the new generation of fans and collectors buying them, especially if numbered and xtras. I think maybe the demo versions of the music as one album. Then I'd like to see Anthology come out with repackaged book and DVD as well as stand alone DVD package. Then as suggested, a DL/TL Anthology release for holidays as well as the new album. I think when he figures out that streaming and Itunes are the norm he will relent. I still don't get into Itunes but would like to see him make an impact on the charts again. So much hope for a Garth filled year. I hope we even get half of what was mentioned.

I forgot to add...I think Garth will probably for his stadium tour and bundle his new album in the ticket package. Jason Aldean is expected to be #1 on the Billboard Top 200 because of ticket/bundle of his new album. Can you imagine if Garth did that with his new album and stadium tour.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I am wondering if he is going to release these things towards the end like was mentioned. Next year is his 30th anniversary of Garth Brooks (even though it doesn't seem that long ago) and maybe he is planning his projects to mark that milestone? I can see him turning this into a year long celebration. I am also wondering if he will do a push on DL or Triple Live is a repackage of DL so he can keep his title of top selling country album per RIAA standards. Shania is behind him but if he retires that album to soon......
    So I would like to see him do a rerelease of his first album mush the way U2 did with their catalog a few years ago. Do it in a box with xtras, maybe number it etc. Plus they had various configurations of the album for the fans and collectors. I could see the new generation of fans and collectors buying them, especially if numbered and xtras. I think maybe the demo versions of the music as one album. Then I'd like to see Anthology come out with repackaged book and DVD as well as stand alone DVD package. Then as suggested, a DL/TL Anthology release for holidays as well as the new album. I think when he figures out that streaming and Itunes are the norm he will relent. I still don't get into Itunes but would like to see him make an impact on the charts again. So much hope for a Garth filled year. I hope we even get half of what was mentioned.
    To be honest I don't want any more repackaging of stuff unless there is a ton of "new", unheard, unavailable stuff in it. We have had so many repackages it is hitting a level of absurdity. I've mentioned this before, but I think Metallica has mastered this with their new box sets. They are remastering each album, but in the box set there are tons of bonus discs/material. (The last one contained 10 CDs, 2 DVDs, 3 LPs, a cassette and a book with almost all of it being "new".) If he wants to do something like that with each album I would totally be in, but I forsee a live unicorn being discovered before that would happen.

I think the Anthology series is going to fill any of the unheard stuff he wants to release and if he does repackage his old albums I suspect it will be in box set form with only a handful of "new" things. Just enough to entice the diehards to buy, once again, because the price will be low enough to justify it.

I have high hopes for this Anthology series though. The first one was pretty good and had some interesting stuff. The potential is there for a lot of amazing stuff. Fingers crossed.

I do think you are right about the stadium tour. It would not shock me at all if he bundles the tickets and album together to boost album sales. I could even see him doing some kind of multi-album set to really rack up RIAA numbers. Can you imagine if everyone who bought a ticket got a 10 disc box set or something? I wouldn't put that past him.

One thing I didn't mention that intrigues me about the new album was the talk about specifically writing the opening track to set up "what's coming". I thought that was a weird statement.
    Last edited by rhd13; 04-19-2018 at 03:39 PM.

My Hopes have changed, they're now realistic hopes.

I want a decent studio album, one you buy standalone and not in some exclusive package with something else.

I want the live anthology to contain some footage of live concerts we havent seen. Doesnt have to be hours of unseen footage, just a bit.

The new live album better be more live sounding than the double live.

I honesty dont think we will be getting a DVD from the first anthology.

In terms of touring, I think the best I can hope for is he will be doing stadinum shows around the USA, hopefully people will have their cell phones and upload it to youtube.

They are my wishes for the year, Below is what I think will happen.

New live album will only be available in the live box set and also you only get the live album in the box set if you buy it from one retailer.

Studio album will be exclusive to amazon prime.

Anthology LIVE will have ZERO new concert footage, but it will have a nice booklet.

The Stadium tour will be short and sweet, the show will be the same format as his 2014-2017 USA/Canada Tour.

His RIAA numbers will get an artificial boost.

To be honest I don't want any more repackaging of stuff unless there is a ton of "new", unheard, unavailable stuff in it. We have had so many repackages it is hitting a level of absurdity. I've mentioned this before, but I think Metallica has mastered this with their new box sets. They are remastering each album, but in the box set there are tons of bonus discs/material. (The last one contained 10 CDs, 2 DVDs, 3 LPs, a cassette and a book with almost all of it being "new".) If he wants to do something like that with each album I would totally be in, but I forsee a live unicorn being discovered before that would happen.

I think the Anthology series is going to fill any of the unheard stuff he wants to release and if he does repackage his old albums I suspect it will be in box set form with only a handful of "new" things. Just enough to entice the diehards to buy, once again, because the price will be low enough to justify it.

I have high hopes for this Anthology series though. The first one was pretty good and had some interesting stuff. The potential is there for a lot of amazing stuff. Fingers crossed.

I do think you are right about the stadium tour. It would not shock me at all if he bundles the tickets and album together to boost album sales. I could even see him doing some kind of multi-album set to really rack up RIAA numbers. Can you imagine if everyone who bought a ticket got a 10 disc box set or something? I wouldn't put that past him.

One thing I didn't mention that intrigues me about the new album was the talk about specifically writing the opening track to set up "what's coming". I thought that was a weird statement.
    I agree, the absolute last thing I want to see him do is continue to focus on the first 7 albums. They've already been re-re-re-re-re-released to death!! Now if he wanted to put those albums on vinyl and hi-res, then sure, that'd be cool because it hasn't really been done before. But please, no more special edition CDs or boxed sets with those albums.

And the opening track setting up what's coming could be a reverse "Old Stuff" type of song, which could be cool.

And about the new stuff, he suppose he could release the live anthology and live album in September and the new album in November (or vice versa), and that wouldn't be too bad. But if he throws it all into November again like he did with Gunslinger, Christmas Together, and the TUC box, then I think he runs the risk of having all of it once again get lost in the shuffle.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I agree, the absolute last thing I want to see him do is continue to focus on the first 7 albums. They've already been re-re-re-re-re-released to death!! Now if he wanted to put those albums on vinyl and hi-res, then sure, that'd be cool because it hasn't really been done before. But please, no more special edition CDs or boxed sets with those albums.

And the opening track setting up what's coming could be a reverse "Old Stuff" type of song, which could be cool.

And about the new stuff, he suppose he could release the live anthology and live album in September and the new album in November (or vice versa), and that wouldn't be too bad. But if he throws it all into November again like he did with Gunslinger, Christmas Together, and the TUC box, then I think he runs the risk of having all of it once again get lost in the shuffle.
    Oh MY, I totally agree with you, the opening song might be a reverse The Old Stuff. 100% agree if he releases all this november, some will get lost in the shuffle, that is what killed
    GunSlinger in my opinion.

On the negative side it might just be Garth throwing something out there, and the opening song may just be a normal song.

I guess we will find out the day after stage coach, in Studio G.

He damn well better not come on Studio G on April 30th and say "Its going to be an exciting few weeks, we have announcements coming up shortly"

+ Reply to Thread