+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Latest Chart Action; Anthology Still Selling

Hybrid View

Latest Chart Action; Anthology Still Selling

Garth may not be dominating the Billboard charts but he is still selling books and CDs. Anthology moved up 2 spots on the Independent Chart. It moved up from #29 to #27. On the Country Chart TUH is still chugging along moving up to#43 from #45. I was pondering how Garth could get his first CD to #1 after all these years. I think he should do do a Limited Edition anniversary CD with a a second CD with the demos as part of the ticket package. Bon Jovi just released a Deluxe Edition of his 2016 House is not a Home CD as part of his tour and it went #1. The second time. It was #1 when it was released in 2016.

Cool points. I think if Garth wants to go to number one, he should go the other way.

No Limited edition.
    No special deal with target/walmart/amazon.
    No buy it here and get an extra song.
    No buy it with this album for a cheaper price.

Make it available at Itunes along with amazon of course.

And promote the hell out of the album, release a great single six weeks before it's release.

Go On Fallon/Kimmel/Ellen go on CNN/Faux News.

In Studio G, talk about what inspired you to do the album.

Have a theme to the album, not just a bunch of happy songs/ballads.

This is the way for it to go to number one.

I forgot to mention that on Roughstock, they had Anthology at #16 with 2,000 sold for the tracking period and under 300,000 sold for the year.

Great points Brett Dale. But I was just talking about his first album, Garth Brooks. It didn't make #1 so I thought if he wanted to make it to #1, the way several albums have done it recently has been the ticket/bundle. Wouldn't have to worry about any of that stuff by making it a Limited Edition, add the demo cd to it, and make it part of the series of stadium shows or whatever concerts he has planned. Make it rare so that demand will be high. Albums have been hitting #1 with less than 200,000 sold. Make it a real Limited Edition with only maybe 500,000 copies or maybe the popular number 1 million. For a new album I like your ideas Brett. I think he needs to embrace the old and new marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Great points Brett Dale. But I was just talking about his first album, Garth Brooks. It didn't make #1 so I thought if he wanted to make it to #1, the way several albums have done it recently has been the ticket/bundle. Wouldn't have to worry about any of that stuff by making it a Limited Edition, add the demo cd to it, and make it part of the series of stadium shows or whatever concerts he has planned. Make it rare so that demand will be high. Albums have been hitting #1 with less than 200,000 sold. Make it a real Limited Edition with only maybe 500,000 copies or maybe the popular number 1 million. For a new album I like your ideas Brett. I think he needs to embrace the old and new marketing.
    Oh the first album. I think they're great ideas, that would be cool if that went to number one.

If he struck a deal with both Spotify and Apple Music including album sales on iTunes then he would see unbelievable first week album sales. You can't scroll very far on a twitter search of "Garth Brooks" without seeing someone complaining about his music not being available on one of the two platforms. If it was done at the right time with not many albums dropping I could see him getting a few albums in the top 20. #1 I think is a little out of the realm of possibility because of the amount of repackaging the old stuff he has already done.
    Last edited by DuckStreetCowboy; 03-06-2018 at 11:58 PM.

The same two albums are on the charts. Anthology dropped to 37th on the Independent Chart and TUH moved down to 45 on the Country Chart.

Checking the RoughStock chart action, Garth actually has 2 albums ranked. The Anthology and Gunslinger were both selling enough to show up. Anthology sold 1,100 while GS sold 500.

After taking a week off from the Billboard charts, Garth reappears on the Country chart. TUH moved back into the top 50 albums at #49. No appearances by Anthology or Gunslinger.

+ Reply to Thread