+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Something I have never done before at a speed Ive never done it

Something I have never done before at a speed Ive never done it

Will be announced in two to three months time.

https://www.facebook.com/CMThot20cou...5756811808110/

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Will be announced in two to three months time.

https://www.facebook.com/CMThot20cou...5756811808110/
    As we say in this part of the world, "By My Joe, I Think I got it"

Meaning, Ive figured it out, Ive figured it out, I know whaat he is doing and I know why he is doing it.

Should I do a Garth and give ya clues, or just come out and say it.

Im doing a Garth here, building up anticipation, cuz I know what Garth is going to do, and where he got the idea from.

Its actually pretty cool.

Ive never been sure of anything in life, it makes so so much sense, the timing, who Garth admires as a touring artist, I guarantee you this is what it is.

So are you ready?????

This is freakin cool

Garth Brooks has always loved the Band Queen, in Fact he has called Freddie Murcury the greatest entertainer in History.

Garth has hinted about a Stadium tour. He has also said hes about to embark on something hes never done before at a speed hes never done before.

Decades ago Queen Created history, when they did the impossible they played 26 Stadium shows in six weeks in the USA.

This is what Garth is going to do, hes going to recreate what Queen did.

It will be the USA summer, and its going to be 26 Stadium shows in six weeks.

I would put money on this!!!

I think you're taking this way out of context. We all know he's playing stadiums but it won't be until next year.

Normally this will be the stage of the thread when I say...

Fair Points...

or

I guess your right...

But, NO

Im telling ya now, hes going to do what Queen did. It will
    be this year, summer in the USA, It will be a 26 shows in six
    week Stadium tour.

It wont be next year, it wont be spread out.

He will do what Queen did.

He will announce this in May.

Im telling ya, Im right on this one. (which will be a first for me, because Im never right on anything)

Which Queen tour are you referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    The original Queen, the tour in the 80's, when they were working on a new album (not sure of the year,, they had quite
    a few tours in the 80's)

But it was the one that was a first , because they did 26 Stadium shows in just six weeks and no one had ever done that before.

Cause here the thing, Garth has been talking about a lot of moving parts, a lot of things have to come together,
    now NOT even Garth would be saying that if he was just doing a few Stadiums in 2019.

He also has said, hes never done this before at this speed.

Garth has always talked of Queen and Freddie Mercury.

I'm sticking my next out here, I think its going to be this, this summer its going to be a run of
    stadiums in a very short time, no turn around.

Only Queen has ever done so many stadium shows in such a short time.

Sorry Im not sure what particular tour it was for Queen, it must of been the 80's though.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Just been to wiki, there was a "news of the world tour" that's listed as 1977, 26 shows in six weeks
    the venues seem to be a mix of arenas/stadiums one show per city.

I stand by what I say, 26 shows in six weeks, in stadiums in 2018 in the USA Summer.

One show per venue.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 02-20-2018 at 02:12 AM.

Why not 27 shows in 7 weeks? He loves 7 and 27 is a multiple of 7...

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Why not 27 shows in 7 weeks? He loves 7 and 27 is a multiple of 7...
    Haha, yeah it could be 27 shows in seven weeks.

But I have got the heart of it.

27 is not a multiple of 7, 28 is. How about 77 shows in 7 weeks
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Oops, sorry, yeah late night posting. Lol Good catch, but there is a seven in it!

He will be performing from the moon and it will be streamed live through Amazon to our phones. That will cover the international part of his last tour.

I hate to be the party pooper here, but I think it is extremely possible he is just over-hyping things. It's not like he hasn't done that before.

Something he has never done at a speed he has never done it is a weird statement. One thought I had is he could just be referring to all the releases coming up this year. Think about it we supposedly have a live album, a live anthology, whatever video component of the anthology is coming and new music. That could all be released this year. I think this clearly could cover the "speed I've never done it" part. As far as I know he's never released that much stuff in such a short period of time.

Another thought is it could be something that none of us see coming. I still think it is possible he does something like his one-man show at the Ryman for a few months.

I just don't think he'd do 26 stadium shows in 6 weeks. Hasn't it been said that he would never tour at the pace he toured at the last 3 years again? The stadium shows would obviously keep him from doing that. He could play fewer shows in front of more people. Touring at a break neck speed, even if for just 6 weeks, seems kind of the opposite of playing more select shows/festivals which I thought was what he implied was happening this year. The stadium tour, I thought, seemed to be rumored for 2019. I guess it is possible he does an overseas/world run over a 6 week period, but I hate to even mention that for all the talk it might stir up. HA!

I still say, this is not a case of him overhyping things, I mean Garth is not at a stage where he will announce "Im doing this thing, that has
    never been done before, Im going to be singing my songs at a venue, and members of the public can come and buy a ticket and see me sing"

Im telling ya, hes putting together what Queen did, it will be short and sharp over Summer in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I still say, this is not a case of him overhyping things, I mean Garth is not at a stage where he will announce "Im doing this thing, that has
    never been done before, Im going to be singing my songs at a venue, and members of the public can come and buy a ticket and see me sing"

Im telling ya, hes putting together what Queen did, it will be short and sharp over Summer in the USA.
    If you are correct you get full credit 😀

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    If you are correct you get full credit 😀
    haha, Im going for my stop watch is right twice a day theory.

Honestly, would he sell out that many stadiums in the summer coming off his world tour? It would be the same show and Kenny Chesney has his tour this summer that has several great opening acts that Garth would not have.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Honestly, would he sell out that many stadiums in the summer coming off his world tour? It would be the same show and Kenny Chesney has his tour this summer that has several great opening acts that Garth would not have.
    I think he would, I think hes going to promote the short time period, I do think he will mention, Queen, I think it will be an event, 26 Stadiums in six weeks, (maybe the 7 thing)

He knows there is going to be a lot of people filming with cell phones, he wont want to miss out, there maybe a tv/interent element.

But on the whole, its going to be about doing what Queen did.

I think this makes sense, Garth has said the next single will be “live” and from a previous album (think it will be “Cold Like That”) and releasing a “live” single for a summer tour makes even more sense.

Good call sir. Hope you’re right.

I suspect that his statement is once again just Garth-the-Marketer overstating things.

Remember when Ghost Tunes was going to revolutionize the music biz?

Doing something he's never done before at a speed he's never done it could be something as simple and as dumb as having Studio G twice as week... or like rhd13 said, having multiple releases this year such as the new live album, Anthology 2, the video documentary portion of Anthology 1, and possibly a new studio album, all within a six month period.

It's also possible that it could be nothing, and that whatever he thinks he's planning will fall through. Didn't he say that a ton of pieces have to come together to make it work, whatever it is?

I just don't see him coming out and doing a stadium tour at breakneck speed this year to try and match or beat some crazy Queen tour from 40 years ago (especially when he's already said that he promised Trisha that this year was for her). But I guess we'll know soon enough.

Edited to add: also, if he's never done whatever this is, then any speed he does it would be faster than he's ever done it before, right?
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 02-21-2018 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Edited to add: also, if he's never done whatever this is, then any speed he does it would be faster than he's ever done it before, right?
    I thought the exact same thing.

Well, if my math is correct (lol), 26 stadiums in 6 weeks is about 4.333 a week. He hasn't done that many cites in a week since his club days. So I guess that would be considered a speed he's never done before....

I suspect that his statement is once again just Garth-the-Marketer overstating things.

Remember when Ghost Tunes was going to revolutionize the music biz?

Doing something he's never done before at a speed he's never done it could be something as simple and as dumb as having Studio G twice as week... or like rhd13 said, having multiple releases this year such as the new live album, Anthology 2, the video documentary portion of Anthology 1, and possibly a new studio album, all within a six month period.

It's also possible that it could be nothing, and that whatever he thinks he's planning will fall through. Didn't he say that a ton of pieces have to come together to make it work, whatever it is?

I just don't see him coming out and doing a stadium tour at breakneck speed this year to try and match or beat some crazy Queen tour from 40 years ago (especially when he's already said that he promised Trisha that this year was for her). But I guess we'll know soon enough.

In the 90's he only ever played two stadiums right?? Texas and Croke.

Heck on his Latest North American Tour, Atalanta and Yankee stadium were the only stadiums he played.

So hes never done a stadium tour, and he's never done 26 cities in like six weeks.

So this is it I think.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Well, if my math is correct (lol), 26 stadiums in 6 weeks is about 4.333 a week. He hasn't done that many cites in a week since his club days. So I guess that would be considered a speed he's never done before....
    Yep, His own private jet will be getting some mileage.

All he said at the end of last year was how tired he and the band were from the pace of the arena tour, and how he doubted they would ever go at that pace again. He also said, with regard to touring, that this year they were focusing on whatever Trisha wanted to do in her career, that he would play a few shows here and there, but that for the most part Trisha would be driving the ship.

Moreover, in order to play 4-5 shows a week, that would mean at least 3 (more likely 4) different stadium stages being bandied about the country at the same time. Metallica, which played 2-3 stadium shows per week last summer, had 3 different stages because of how long it took to build the them and then take them down. That means 3-4 different road crews, etc, 3-4 different sound crews, 3-4 different everything. I'm not saying Garth couldn't do it, but that's a lot to put together on short notice. I agree with others that, more likely, the stadium tour will be next year. But again, we'll see.

All he said at the end of last year was how tired he and the band were from the pace of the arena tour, and how he doubted they would ever go at that pace again. He also said, with regard to touring, that this year they were focusing on whatever Trisha wanted to do in her career, that he would play a few shows here and there, but that for the most part Trisha would be driving the ship.

Moreover, in order to play 4-5 shows a week, that would mean at least 3 (more likely 4) different stadium stages being bandied about the country at the same time. Metallica, which played 2-3 stadium shows per week last summer, had 3 different stages because of how long it took to build the them and then take them down. That means 3-4 different road crews, etc, 3-4 different sound crews, 3-4 different everything. I'm not saying Garth couldn't do it, but that's a lot to put together on short notice. I agree with others that, more likely, the stadium tour will be next year. But again, we'll see.
    A lot of work, but if Queen could do it in 1977, if Metallica could do it, 2017. Garth must be able to do. He said hes announcing it in two to three months, and remember Garth
    doesn't announce things way out.

He is of course doing something, we know there is a anthology, a live album and a studio album due. What else is left?

+ Reply to Thread