+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PG Facebook page

PG Facebook page

Not much I can do about the forums (Y'all know the story), but.... I can change up our Facebook page profile picture. If you OWN a picture of Garth and would like us to use it on our Facebook page, send us a message with the pic!

it makes no sense to me that the owner of this page won't give you the ownership rights.

Well.. Its a bit more complicated. Brandon built this page from scratch in... 1995??. He developed the Content Management System in which handles the page and which vBulletin is integrated. The CMS is more than 15 years old, and any update will require a complete re-write of software or changeover to a commercial system. To re-do anything outside of vBulletin would require a HUGE amount of time and effort- something Brandon simply does not have time.

BTW- I know NOTHING about what I just said- I am just parroting what he told me.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I don't know what's worse- that this is a situation (needing upgrades, etc.) or that I understood some of what you mentioned, Spud..

would an update to background pictures/photos, etc. also require an update of that nature? updating of stories on main page, etc?

(wish Id paid more attention in HS computer classes. I'd have kept with things longer and maybe have been able to help w/ programming )
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Anything outside the forum is part of the CMS. I have no control over that at all.

I just sent some pics in a message to PG on Facebook. I do have one that I took in Norman (OU) during the tornado relief concert that is a great pic! The others I sent are just collectibles for my personal collection and I misread this forum and started spewing every Garth pic I have in my collection! So forgive me for that. But the one I took is awesome!

Summer Ackerman
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

+ Reply to Thread