+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What are you listening to?

What are you listening to?

So some book friends of mine on another forum have a thread where we'll list books by other authors for us to read. I thought to myself to create something similar with music and I'll list what I'm listening to. It can either be a full album or a song or if you like audiobooks you can list them to.

Wade Bowen-Solid Ground
    Label: Bowen Music/Thirty Tigers
    Producer: Keith Gattis

I'm waiting on Scotty McCreery's new album

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm... I'm 'in between' albums at the moment I guess.. so musically? not really listening to a lot (though I do hope to play the 'victory playlist' my daughter and I have set up after her HS plays basketball tonight (and Garth is in it )

I want to listen to some music.... gotta get inspired, and honestly country music wise there is not a lot if anything that's inspiring lately
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    hmm... I'm 'in between' albums at the moment I guess.. so musically? not really listening to a lot (though I do hope to play the 'victory playlist' my daughter and I have set up after her HS plays basketball tonight (and Garth is in it )

I want to listen to some music.... gotta get inspired, and honestly country music wise there is not a lot if anything that's inspiring lately

You oughta try my Wade Bowen album out, it's got a lot of different sounds in it but it's also very introspective and makes you look into your soul.

Songs I recommend are: Acuna, Day of the Dead, Calling All The Demons.

Daryle Singletary- The Note
    Album: Ain't It The Truth
    Label: Giant Records
    Producer: Doug Johnson and John Hobbs
    Written by: Buck Moore, Michele Ray

Song: Wasted
    Artist: Sarah Darling
    Album: TBA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMg5s67fNE4

Old Dominion and Midland. Will see them both at the C2C Festival in London this weekend! YAY!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Since I wanted to bring up audiobooks in this conversation, I figure bring up one of my favorite female protagonists in recent years: Caitlin Strong 9: Strong to the Bone

https://www.graphicaudio.net/caitlin...-the-bone.html

1944: Texas Ranger Earl Strong investigates a triple murder inside a Nazi POW camp in Texas.

The Present: His granddaughter, fifth generation Texas Ranger Caitlin Strong, finds herself pursuing the killer her father never caught in the most personal case of her career―a conspiracy stretching from that Nazi POW camp to a modern-day neo-Nazi gang.

A sinister movement has emerged from the shadows of history, determined to undermine the American way of life. Its leader, Armand Fisker, has an army at his disposal, a deadly bio-weapon, and a reputation for being unbeatable. But he’s never taken on the likes of Caitlin Strong and her outlaw lover, Cort Wesley Masters.

To prevent an unspeakable cataclysm, Caitlin and Cort Wesley must win a war the world thought was over.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmm- lately I'm revisiting the entire Left Behind Series of Audiobooks from Tim Lahaye/Jerry B Jenkins. I'm currently on the 9th book of the ORIGINAL series, but 12th book overall (I started w/ the prequel novels first..) I may then re-re-revisit Ready Player One, or something else..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    hmm- lately I'm revisiting the entire Left Behind Series of Audiobooks from Tim Lahaye/Jerry B Jenkins. I'm currently on the 9th book of the ORIGINAL series, but 12th book overall (I started w/ the prequel novels first..) I may then re-re-revisit Ready Player One, or something else..
    For the first time ever in her career, Nora Roberts released a book set in the post-apocalyptic genre it's called Year One and in my opinion the way the universe was set up, it was actually pretty plausible. Just read it when you get the chance.

In terms of Ready Player One, I just downloaded the e-book this morning because I'm planning to catch the movie tomorrow.

+ Reply to Thread