+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2018 #OnlyGarth

2018 #OnlyGarth

A pic posted on social media, shows Garth in a huge stadium with his arms spread, with the
    words 2018 #Only2018

It was posted by someone I follow, who said they dont know what it means. (Im guessing
    Garth had posted it somewhere)

What it means, I think, is his Stadium shows are going to be like the WYNN!!!!!!!

A one man show in a stadium!!!!!!

It was actually originally posted by the account

@MusicNewsRumors

and then posted by someone I follow on twitter, a few minutes ago.

The site @MusicNewsRumors have now taken it down.

not sure how to link to twitter, but here goes the pic that was posted.

trying to link the pic from my twitter account.

https://twitter.com/GuySmiley11/stat...71246455656448

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Lol Brett, your twitter account is 'Guy Smiley'? I haven't heard that name in a long time!

An interesting possibility.. who really truly knows what garth will be doing- but ya know? I'm hoping it comes near CO... I'll go!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Lol Brett, your twitter account is 'Guy Smiley'? I haven't heard that name in a long time!

An interesting possibility.. who really truly knows what garth will be doing- but ya know? I'm hoping it comes near CO... I'll go!
    hahah, yep gotta love Guy Smiley!!!

Just a wee correction the hashtag thing was "OnlyGarth and it had the word 2018.

Personally I don't think the Wynn show would work in a Stadium setting. Take Atlanta for instance. The reverb and acoustics would probably be horrible and the stories we're a major part of the story.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    you know, I doubt that the Wynn type of show would work in a large stadium setting either. not with the same emotional impact anyway (well, from what I've seen on the DVD/in reports from peeps who were there, etc)

still, interesting to see what the graphic might entail/mean/point to...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I will note that the #OnlyGarth hashtag was used by his team last year for the campaign to win the Billboard Tour of the Year.

Maybe "Only Garth" will be the name of the new live album, and maybe that pic with his arms spread will be the cover.... I dunno

I doubt this is it, but just throwing it out there. What if Garth is doing a stadium tour solo, as in no Trisha. Maybe random (or not so random, looking at you, Aldean lol) opening acts. My thinking is, maybe Trisha is finally close to completing and release a new album, and is going on her own tour to promote it and have longer sets to sing the old and new stuff. Having a few stadium dates, leaves Garth free to drop in, and possibly do a small set inside her set, as she did for him...HMMMM

He mentioned in an earlier Studio G this year that the band is all on board in continuing to perform like they have they last 3 years so I think whatever big thing is next will include a full fledge concert.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I doubt this is it, but just throwing it out there. What if Garth is doing a stadium tour solo, as in no Trisha. Maybe random (or not so random, looking at you, Aldean lol) opening acts. My thinking is, maybe Trisha is finally close to completing and release a new album, and is going on her own tour to promote it and have longer sets to sing the old and new stuff. Having a few stadium dates, leaves Garth free to drop in, and possibly do a small set inside her set, as she did for him...HMMMM
    I was thinking along those lines too when I first saw the image. No opening acts. No Trisha. No co-headlining stadium tour like others do. Only Garth.

That was how my mind first perceived the image anyways.

Not a hope he'll tour without Trisha. He's said a million times that they didn't get married to be apart.

That's the thing with stadium tours, there usually isn't many dates and they aren't together 24/7. Sometimes business separates them. 10-12 shows won't be out of the question I don't think. You're right though. He would never ever tour like the past 3 years without Trisha with him.

...yeah...like was said above, there's no way he's doing gigantic stadiums in the Vegas format. However, hasn't he said that 2019 would be the year that things would pick up again? Maybe 2018 will be smaller venues in Vegas format? Give the band a break? I feel like I remember him saying he wanted to bring Vegas to the people that weren't able to make it.

...and are we 100% sure this graphic wasn't just created by some random person that knows nothing?

Well, I am a random person, and my wife will testify that I know nothing, but..... It wasn't me

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    ...and are we 100% sure this graphic wasn't just created by some random person that knows nothing?
    It was put by a music news site on twitter, that seems to be in with a lot of artists, they took it down
    rather quickly.

Could it be the Vegas recording? He wore a black shirt back then, similar to the picture.

Never mind about my above comment, I think he wore all black in Vegas, so it's not the Vegas recording if we go by the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Well, I am a random person, and my wife will testify that I know nothing, but..... It wasn't me
    Hahaha. I understand. I'm just saying that there's so much awesome software out there that anybody can create a professional looking graphic. Not saying that's the case here, but who knows?

+ Reply to Thread