+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I am thinking the DVD will be repackaged with book. If he released 2 million copies of the 1st book, there is probably a million not sold. I'd say 1.5 million but people have seen them for sale on remainder racks. So he will probably use leftovers to sell book and dvd and then maybe if books sell, then just a dvd stand alone or with Live anthology. I am wondering if he will release Live Anthology right around the same time as Triple Live. Doesn't make sense to canablize sales from either one. I am thinking Triple Live, Anthology 1 with DVD, maybe new album, then Diamond Series and then Live Anthology. I mean the average consumer is going to say do I need two copies of a live album. They would probably buy the album with most songs. The die hard fans would most likely get both. Then the crazy ones like me will be buying 2 copies of each cover. I hope he says what is happening soon. I have to set my budget soon. LOL.
    A lot of material coming, not sure how he is going to release it all in such a short period of time, it
    must effect the sales of each item.

Im kinda guessing, live anthology will be released a few weeks before triple live, maybe live anthology
    start of November, triple live end of November.

I think studio album/ DVD anthology 1 and diamond series comes early part 2019, but not all
    at the same time.

Wonder if Notre Dame will be an event where he will release and promote one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Wonder if Notre Dame will be an event where he will release and promote one of them.
    That would be great, although I think ND will be about other concerts he's doing at college stadiums.

Who knows? we might get something. :-)

Ph a big thanks to skywise, Ive gone back to the start of this thread, and its great to look back at what Garth
    has said thruout the studio's G's in 2018.

If Ive counted right there have been 18 studio G's this year.

Recently interesting to read what Garth was saying early on in the year and
    how things are coming together now.

Again Makes a fun read.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Which is not this Thursday but next, the day before tickets go on sale for ND?
    yeah- that's the day before they go on sale- 10am EST
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Ph a big thanks to skywise, Ive gone back to the start of this thread, and its great to look back at what Garth
    has said thruout the studio's G's in 2018.
    Thanks Brett! I'll keep doing them as able- they may not get up till later that day but they'll be up..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So a special Studio G thursday this week, but no studio G tomorrow?

Hadn’t heard- will have to check Twitter

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So a special Studio G thursday this week, but no studio G tomorrow?
    Thatís the impression I got.

I believe just the one Thursday.

Yeah Studio G, tomorrow, will talk about notre dame, triple live, and maybe whats coming up.

Should be an interesting, I went back to a late july studio G, where he said there will be an announcement in four to five
    weeks time, so Im guessing this will either be a release date for triple live/live anthology or announcing other colleges.

Should be a fun one. Either way, Im sure he will mention the upcoming ticket sales for Notre dame!! :-), since they go on sale the next day.

Any other guess on what he'll say? Maybe something on the Diamond series or another song appearing on Amazon for those of us he already bought the next album??

Any other guess on what he'll say? Maybe something on the Diamond series or another song appearing on Amazon for those of us he already bought the next album??
    I Now have a strange feeling it will be just focused on ND today, with maybe a little bit
    about Simon Cowell, but again we might be pleasantly surprised.

An extremely long Studio G today, nearly half an hour, a nice one, but again short on information.

After Notre Dame, Trisha will do her thing, Garth will do his thing. So Im guessing there will be another Garth tour. But no mention of
    cities and dates at all.

He's going write a song from the guy who was AGT.

The spaceship drum kit will be able to be seen in about two years, but he cant talk about it yet, and you wont see it on tour, but in Nashville. (Im guessing a Garth type museum)

Lots of ask garth's about triple live (He gave no release date) and ask Garth about Notre dame.

Again stated, that it will be the last time this band will be together.

I kinda think there will be no more tour dates this year, and even announcement of tour dates might not come till March of 2019 for a summer tour.

I don't know about you guys, but I get the feeling that he's using Studio G as the equivalent of a Morning Zoo radio program. Almost everytime when I watch it, it has a lot of jokes and laughs and not enough time to roll out any information. Just my feeling on it.

Not sure what a Morning Zoo radio Program is?

But Im thinking the same lines.

Its not really about Information or breaking news, its really just as you
    say, have a few laughs, answer a few of the same fanboy type questions.

Its better having studio G than no studio G at all.

Things he have said in past studio g, just havent happen, G Alerts/Primetime/ bunch of
    cities being announced.

I think its safe to say, the release date of TL and Anthology Live will come after ND.
    No more tour dates this year, the announcement of the tour will now be March/May 2019
    for a summer tour? I think it will be back to one city at a time.

Im just not sure what he is going to talk about for the next month, next week will be about
    the tickets they sold for ND, then I think he will take some more weeks off, and come back
    the week before ND concert.

Like all of you, I am an enormous Garth fan and want to know everything going on. However, I have been disinterested in Studio G for some time. I only find it interesting if he’s actually dropping newsworthy info. By newsworthy I mean info on the projects or a really big show. (If I’m honest I hate the Q&A stuff because it’s almost never anything of substance).

I personally wish he only did them when he had real info to deliver. There would be significantly less of them but we’d know something worthwhile was happening when one went down.

I know everyone has an opinion, but that’s mine (even though no one asked) Ha!

I must admit, Garth is a master at hyping his activities without actually saying what those activities will be, so that people follow closely in anticipation. That hype then continues once an announcement is finally made, even though at that point, many may have lost interest.

I recall that not too long ago, there was all sorts of speculation about what he would be doing between September & December. Some even posted here about having inside information that there would be several concerts, sort of a mini tour, although specific details were lacking. That led to all sorts of theories about what it would be. Will he play places that were missed on the main tour? Is it going to be a series of Stadium shows? In the end, it is a single show, in Indiana, that most of his fans are really not going to care about, or certainly make efforts to see in the middle of October.

At least today, we finally know that's the case. Just this 1 off show, then who knows when we'll see him next. And apparently, given his prior statement, playing Notre Dame Stadium is a bigger deal to him than playing on the Moon would be. OK Garth, got it.

I know people are expecting a new album to be on the way, but normally an artist would have a tour schedule to promote such a new album. Clearly that would not happen in this case. Although given that he normally plays 1 song off his latest albums when he's touring, it's not that big a deal to him.

doing the recap as I type this- in the middle of it

here's a link to the seating 'map' for ND

https://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us...ch2/88905s.gif

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Ok that was a long one but the wrap-up is up.. quick note- tix.. on sale at 10am EST (8am MST) 'waiting room' opens about 7am MST (9am EST) I think address will be http://www.ticketmaster.com/garthbrooks

Wrap up..

Inside Studio G Recap 9-13-2018

Studio G clocks in at 28:30 this week..

starts talking about his taking a vacation.. They went down to Florida, went to a beach. TY is ‘chill’

TY posted a picture of the beach..

‘all hell has broken lose in our life because of Simon Cowell, triple live, and everything..

The big 3 (or Coming Up Next

AGT
    NOTRE DAME ON SALE
    TRIPLE LIVE

ND on sale is on tomorrow..
    Fan mix come and gone (maybe..)

‘hashtag, ob (other Brian), and Samantha’ are here

Cindy (Twitter)

“Simon Cowell just called for your help on AGT for Michael Ketterer. He asked that you write a song for him for the finals. can you do it?”

- talking about how good Michael Ketterer is, and that you have to be good to get to the finals- what they do to these kids is what they give us 3 or 4 years to do, they have to do in 10 weeks..

- loving his singing ( if garth fans are behind Ketterer, I think he’ll stand a chance of winning

talking with Michael, if we were to write a song, what i n the world would we cover, what would we be talking about

good dude, great on the phone. if it happens, hope it’s something he likes and you like. to Simon, thank you- that’s a cool vote of confidence

talking on the phone, he’s everything you want in a guy, he’s straight ahead

it’s a chance to create music, thats what it’s all about for me

garth really doesn’t know.. what if you do it and the kids like ‘it’s not me’

let him do whats best for him, and lets have a good night of music..

garth dancing (doing the lawnmower) at the Habitat build.

“that is the white illness right there, that is great”

- talks about the build just a bit, and how he met guy in the video in Haiti on a build- was dream of guy to bring a habitat build to south bend, probably best one they have ever been on

NOTRE DAME INFO

Tracy (Twitter) “ The adrenaline of ticket day is mind blowing- it’s the heart pounding sweaty palms/praying like no other that you get in. Such a satisfying feeling ever- I could do it all day long. Is there a preview of the seating chart?

- I think with 80-90k tickets everyones gonna have an ample room to get in

ND stadium opening up to music is way late… they should have done it 100 years ago. it’s a single bowl.. with new stage layout

https://media.ticketmaster.com/en-us...ch2/88905s.gif is the layout for the stadium

football field is 155 ft across. from point to point, it’s 5 diff. views of ‘front row’ everything feels close…

gonna be a lot of fun..

going to be unbelievable night- emotional night- last time tis band with this config is going to be there..

showing pics of the leprechaun and garth at stadium

this is going to be ‘big thing’ have to play ‘all day long’ (it needs a stadium)

what time for ND? on sale is 10am EST

doing a ‘waiting room’ an hour before the on sale… (get in waiting room an hour early..) get random numbers, (about 7am MST)

Kailyn (from Illinois)
    “ What do you do to get in the zone, to focus, to concentrate, fir any major event, for tours, etc. writing music, any major event that you need to get focused for.. what do you use to relax you?”

- life is a sporting event. for sports, for anything- I listen to music to fire me up.. come jump in.. let anxieties go, let music take you places where you need to go that’s what it does for me

Jason (twitter)
    “Love your cover of ‘guy going nowhere’ on your triple live album. Can we get a small live clip tonight on studio G?”

asks if anyone else gets that this song may be the gem of the triple live record

talks about being up in Spokane ( so that ID’s THAT song’s location/city )

plays a bit of ‘guy going nowhere’

loves that song, loves music..

- did AGT, did ND..

Triple live

bud (twitter)
    “ Hey Garth- Iv’e been trying to get on studio G for the last 2 years. maybe this question will get me on. first, love the new music. cannot sait to see you on tour. shooting for the first row. how has touring changed from the 90’s to today? ( SERIOUSLY???? SOFTBALL QUESTION IF THERE EVER WAS ONE!!)”

- I can tell you, THIS is how it has changed (picks up his iPhone). (it’s white with a dark case btw hehe)

it’s amazing- you have people on the front row- they can do anything- they’re not the phone, it’s between you and them. person right nest to them has put phone way. it’s what makes it great for you

know whatever you say on that stage you’d better mean 100% because it’s going to be anywhere and everywhere after you say ig

Jill (twitter)

“What do you mean when you said at the press conference, last time the band will be together in this configuration?” [b] SERIOUSLY? ANOTHER QUESTION FROM SOMEONE WHO OBVIOUSLY IS NOT AN IN DEPTH OR LONG TIME OR “Smart” AS THE ID GOES FAN.. GEEZ.. SOFTBALL PART 2

- the hole night is focused about music. about the band, and the family. TY and I put this band together at the beginning of the tour. now 4 years later TY’s off on her journey where she’s going, we’re off on our journey where we’re going, We’ll be together 24/7, but not perform together as much, not share the stage as much, because we’re not touring together, so she’s gotta take her people with her, and I gotta take my guys with me, so here comes the last night of getting to see those faces, getting to see that configuration… and, uh, just loving it, these guys are in it for the music, they’re in it for all the right reasons, and you always take a chance by separating that, that you might not find those people, but the great thing is, this town, it’s full of people who’s heart is in the music, and I cannot be luckier then to have toured with the people we’ve bene able to tour with the last 3 1/2 years as our road family.

will there still be housekeeping in Notre Dame

yeah I think there will still be housekeeping, the thing is, this show is going to get in a bigger space, but our job is always to bring it down, to the artist and the people, and the music is the bridge. not going anywhere different that way, but get ready though, cause every way else it’s going to be a new experience.

Ryan from Grand Rapids MI

“got a couple of questions for you- firs one is, I remember as a kid, if you sat in the front row, if you were lucky enough, you got to go and stand right there on the stage, up next to it, put your arms on it, you were right there with the artist. with the new stadium shows coming up, is that still going to be a thing? And second, whatever happened to palmer’s spaceship?”

- (long winded answer, won’t type it all , simple answer is yes.. ) Palmer’s spaceship, great question, I can’t tell you. EVENTUALLY I will tell you (with a smirk).. ( MAN IF THAT ISN’T THE QUINTESSENTIAL GARTH BROOKS ANSWER!)

might be the coolest thing to me that’s ever happened. might be 2 yers before it’s here, but the spaceship, you will see it. (wonder if Garth’s going to have a traveling museum type thing of his other tour items, bits and pieces from the past. an ‘anthology’ if you will of stuff I said it here first! “not on tour, you’re going to have to come to Nashville… (he’s grinning- yep there’s some sort of ‘museum/bar/exhibit/thing that you’ll be able to go see)

Lois (twitter)
    “as I lie here listening to triple live, it feels real I can almost smell the arena. I can’t help wondering, in all the years of your retirement, did you ever pull out double live and go for a long drive just to reminisce?” honestly, another DUMB question….

- No, and let me tell you why. Double live was the presentation of what live music FEELS like. it was pretty cool. UAP, Rodeo, FILP, yes. it was a live record to present LIVE VERSIONS of those songs ehh, an admission that double live wasn’t truly a live album? is that the case here Garth? honesty abounds!! NEVER did I feel in double live what I feel in triple live. and you know it (case if you have triple live you probably have double live. Triple live, just Sit your butt right down there in the seat. it throws you right there in the arena, you’d better be ready on triple live cause it’s not relaxing, at all, it’l drain ya, it’ll work ya, and thats what I love about triple live, it is the most real representation of what touring is for me. double live was more entertainment, but triple live is just the raw, get your butt in there smell the arena. the louder you play it, the better. traditional mix versions are coming up in the fall. I’ll be interested to see if people still feel the same, if they feel like we’ve got that accomplished, that’s going ot be a tough one,

Rebecca ann Hutchinson (twitter)

“ thank you Garth for coming back out after your set and giving us more @ the Grand Opry last night. I am a veteran of the great US army, and I served a lot of time overseas. One day hope to meet you and the amazing Mrs. Trisha. Your song we shall be free I swear rubbed a hole in the CD playing so much. I was shot in 2010 I never gave up on that we all shall be free in our lives. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for amazing music with inspiration.. the show is paused here- I bet Garth’s gonna be speechless a bit, will be emotional, will try to get something set up/put something together so he can meet this person

- “we get to sing our songs of peace because someone chose to fight” (he’s waxing philosophical here… ) (it’s a line that didn’t make it into WSBF I think..)
    hmm- I was only partially right- Garth was a tad emotional.. but that’s it..

willie (twitter)

“ Earbuds in, eyes closed, triple live blasting wide open feeling like I was in the audience. I can now see why it makes you emotional listening to the crowd sing back to you- closers I will ever bee to a live concert- not an ask garth but oh well”

robbin (twitter)
    “you were right! - Unanswered Prayers on Triple Live is Amazing! What city is it from?”

- first off Robin, I’m married. I have never heard these words (and points to ‘you were right’). wheres it at? Cincinnati.. ( ANOTHER CITY REVEAL FROM GARTH’S LIPS..

donald franklin (twitter)
    “ You said you never got to meet another Troyal besides your dad and grandfather. Here is a picture of my wife and I with our son Troyal, our middle son Cole waiting to enter y our concert in billings! Hope to someday meet in person, your music is special for many reasons.. (shows photo of him, wife, kids)

saying goodbyes…

hashtag says you have everyone so excited for tomorrow.. theres a comment about already making hotel reservations in hopes of getting a ticket (hehe I’ve done it too)

Saying Goodbyes..

Done…

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So Inside G will be about Im guessing the 85 thousand tickets sold in ND.

Maybe more about simon cowell, but he already did that last week.

Not sure what else he can talk about???

I dont think hes ready to give out details about Live Anthology.

A couple of weeks back, he said he will give more details about the tour at the
    ND concert, so the tour details comes late October.

Im guessing its going to be a shorter Studio G.

Theres four more studio G's before ND concert.

Not sure what he is going to be able to say??

Is anyone here going to put through some questions for the ask Garth segment?
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 09-16-2018 at 11:07 PM.

So Inside G will be about Im guessing the 85 thousand tickets sold in ND.

Maybe more about simon cowell, but he already did that last week.

Not sure what else he can talk about???

I dont think hes ready to give out details about Live Anthology.

A couple of weeks back, he said he will give more details about the tour at the
    ND concert, so the tour details comes late October.

Im guessing its going to be a shorter Studio G.

Theres four more studio G's before ND concert.

Not sure what he is going to be able to say??

Is anyone here going to put through some questions for the ask Garth segment?
    I'm guessing a bit of a shocked type of comment/thank you for showing up type of thing for ND.. plus some ND discussion
    there will be comments about 'all day long'
    maybe 1 good ask garth question and multiple softball questions

I agree- it'll be shorter... lemme say.... 21m?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I get the feeling that he's using Studio G as the equivalent of a Morning Zoo radio program. Almost everytime when I watch it, it has a lot of jokes and laughs and not enough time to roll out any information. Just my feeling on it.
    I enjoy them even if it's not info packed. More chances to hear things like him doing Boy Going Nowhere live.

I enjoy them even if it's not info packed. More chances to hear things like him doing Boy Going Nowhere live.
    I gotta agree with you there- yes it gets repetitive, yes its not always informational or action packed, and yes you can catch the maniacal (maybe wrong term to use) whiff of control Garth wants to have on the narrative of his career, etc. but they are all fun to watch.. have only missed 1 myself and that was due to not being able to be around when it was aired (and it wasn't a regular one so I couldn't go back and get it online). love the little audio tidbits that we get to see, and Garth's genuine (I believe) emotions at times...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I do agree on some of the laughing though. I've never cared for his staff too much. Maybe I am discriminating because of age. I feel like we're all the hardcore Garth fans who have appreciated him since the 90s and they just happen to be around because they are the young people who know how to do technology and don't understand the passion of his fan base. I kind of feel like they belittle us by doing things like the excessive laughing, etc.

Im guessing now he will talk about playing at the farmers convention. Yeah I like studio G, its better than having no studio G at all.

Garth on the convention...

"Love the FFA and its mission. I have always wanted to play this gig. This isn’t going to be a concert, this is going to be a party! I bet there is not going to be a kid there who is half as excited as I am to be there,” said Brooks."

Doesnt appear there will be a studio G today.

There was, just late due to glitches; remember TN, WV, OH are being hit with the remnants of Florence.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Oh, yes, I guess power outages are across several states???

Hope all are safe.

Missed Studio G today, hope it was a good one.

Watching studio G now, hes announcing the first lot of tour dates in Late December (before xmas) awesome!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread