+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

I donít know, nor do I care really, what network carries it. I just think a TV special over the Thanksgiving holiday seems likely. Itís not like that hasnít been his go to thing numerous times.

ND will dominate the discussion as it should!!!

He may talk of the anthology, the questions will be from those that went to the concert.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    ND will dominate the discussion as it should!!!

He may talk of the anthology, the questions will be from those that went to the concert.
    this is one time when I think your speculation/predicting may be all east spot on halfway.. I suspect ND will dominate the inside studio G too. maybe questions about weather, about the tv special.. a Bit about the anthology perhaps. IF the guy who wanted him to play turn the page sends in another ask garth I bet it's answered

I gotta hear his thoughts post show on ND, with the weather etc...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    this is one time when I think your speculation/predicting may be all east spot on halfway.. I suspect ND will dominate the inside studio G too. maybe questions about weather, about the tv special.. a Bit about the anthology perhaps. IF the guy who wanted him to play turn the page sends in another ask garth I bet it's answered

I gotta hear his thoughts post show on ND, with the weather etc...
    He must of been thrilled with you guys in the crowd and vice versa, you must of been blown away by his performance, the clips uploaded to twitter were amazing, and
    it just looked so special, more so than the average show.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    He must of been thrilled with you guys in the crowd and vice versa, you must of been blown away by his performance, the clips uploaded to twitter were amazing, and
    it just looked so special, more so than the average show.
    I'll admit, sometimes its hard to read Garth, is he TRULY sincere, or is he just saying things for the crowd as hype each night.

I will say that last night, I think he was honestly sincere. I don't think he truly knew how it would go.

Was I BLOWN AWAY by his performance? not totally. it could have been louder.. there could have been more variety (there ALWAYS could be more variety) and you can't discount the unintended misery of the weather. Still, though, it was a great experience.. haven't looked at twitter clips actually, so can't judge there. It wasn't an average show, no... that's true

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I'll admit, sometimes its hard to read Garth, is he TRULY sincere, or is he just saying things for the crowd as hype each night.

I will say that last night, I think he was honestly sincere. I don't think he truly knew how it would go.

Was I BLOWN AWAY by his performance? not totally. it could have been louder.. there could have been more variety (there ALWAYS could be more variety) and you can't discount the unintended misery of the weather. Still, though, it was a great experience.. haven't looked at twitter clips actually, so can't judge there. It wasn't an average show, no... that's true
    He came across as completely sincere, and the show came across as unique.

Yes I will be doing another recap of Inside Studio G tonight.. currently no pressing family things that will keep me from doing it, hoping to have it up fairly quickly (as honestly, I'm now fighting a cold from the concert and I will hopefully hit bed early..)

I do have pics from ND to show too (when I can get them uploaded to a page, etc. ) they're phone pics so not ALWAYS best quality but still will be good...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Today's Inside Studio G Wrap up. . sorry if there are typos but its' 1AM and I have to go to bed and be up in just under 5 hrs...

Inside Studio G Recap for 10-22-2018

The show clocks in at 27:00 this week

welcoming in Sirius and Facebook

Two things- he’s not thawed out yet, and hadn’t been to bed yet (said with a smile)

big news this week was the announcement of the stadium tour

announced first 2 cities

open in St Louis- will be unique show. due to being the opening.

have a lot to do building wise because everything that was seen at ND will not be how it is at the stadium tour

ND was a one off but a great first step

thanking ND people.. you went through HELL to make that happen, and that was cool.

(looking at pics of ND on monitor)

mentions he forgot to talk about Phoenix (the stadium in Glendale, where the cardinals play) will be the 2nd city

talking about (over a night shot of ND, prob. from the river..) if you were at the show, something crazy was happening.

what was crazy was just the love what felt like it was just in the building…

fell in love with it so much that in the middle of the show, made a date to come back to finish/end the AMERICAN LEG of the stadium tour there.. ( does that mean Ireland/Europe? does it mean Canada? Mexico? no announcement get, but I would waver that SOMETHING outside the continental US will be happening.. whether that’s in CA, IRE, EUR, who knows.. and that’s prob. gonna be not for at least 2-3 yrs..

gonna come full circle. our people panicked when I said that.

I gotta tell you as much as you want more people to see the show, if it’s exactly as many people as saw the show this weekend, that’s perfectly fine for me.

going through some twitter pics uploaded of the show- diff. shots..

looking at pic- “can smartphones come out with a filter that can thin you down (looks at himself)

pic was of the river. (all the lights up and going..) they did it on the dance took, they did it on Unanswered Prayers..

Samantha’s saying she’s never seen so many people dancing with each other

it was a love fest man, it was cool. the players were out there, and they were just sort of bent over because they were so cold, they couldn’t feel their instruments. but everyone was great

so, right before the show, they’re sending me pictures and its looks like ht was snowing. ( YES GARTH, IT WAS SNOWING… A LOT for a brief time)

out there and I’m thinking “oh crap, “ and then, everything just leveled off.. It was just us, no weather, cold, and everyone just hanging on to each other and loving one another.. ([]b] yeah, the guys who were scuffling right behind me and got thrown out literally right before the show started,….. they were hanging on to each other but I doubt there was love there[/b]

Ok.. So.. we got some things going on here, ok… to the people who are coming, this stage will be different, but it’ll be a variation of this, ok ? (looks at the picture from ‘the river’ (broadcast from twitter), and points out the stage…

but for some reason the word has not got out yet that ‘this belongs to you’ (GARTH, PEOPLE WERE FREAKING FREEZING OR THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE STAGE I’M SURE)

I had to pull them, I had to “come on” with them, and security didn’t know what to do, and then they let them up there and I think that’s when it really became fun for me. it was a blast

so we had a good time, that night. Started with, started with the current single, all day long, and I was so surprised when that kickoff, crowd went up and I went “ah.. oh, are you kidding me?”

so it’s good, it was fun, it was everything I wanted it to be.

yeah thats cool.. gREAT SHOTS (looking at more twitter pics). What I liked was you didn’t feel like you were away from the stage no matter where you were at. ( uh garth- you KINDA did, up in upper bowl.. but it was still cool!)

Sarah Miller (twitter)

“Indy was amazing thank you for that. My friend and I have been to 30+ shows together and are both from KY, but I recently moved to Florida. YOU brought us together again for the weekend. Any chance of bringing the tour to “sunny” Florida?

- yeah, we can’t announce that (looks at camera with a gritted teeth expression.. YES…)
    no, I’ll take that back, I’ll give you a hint… YEs… Yes….

I’d love to take this there.. is this gonna happen? (shrugs shoulders and looks at camera.. YEs.. )

another twitter ND pic..

goes to Ricky Skaggs induction in to CMHOF. (evidently Garth hasn’t slept much if at all since ND…)

johnny Gimble, also went in, Dottie West… (showing pic of Garth singing with Ricky Skaggs on the stage)

I got to sing with Ricky, I got to sing with Larry Cordell, writer of highway 40 blues. I think Dierks might have sang, you got a lover, and then Stapleton did uh, darkest hour, it was awesome. He comes out (points to Ricky) and they bring this mandolin out, and its bill Monroe’s mandolin, so it’s been in the hall of fame for the last I don’t know how many years. this guy comes walking by me and he’s got white gloves and he’s carrying this mandolin and they brought it out, and gave it to him to sing “will the circle be unbroken’ at the and of the ceremony. wasn’t a dry eye in the house especially this guy I was bawling like a baby. but it was history, it was cool..

Ricky Skaggs… I said this two years ago when Randy Travis went in… the reason I get to wear this right here (points to a medal he had on his chest in the pic) is because of this guy right here (points to Ricky Skaggs’ picture)

It was reba, it was George, it was Ricky, and it was randy, the people who really made me want to play country music, and it was Keith Whitley that solidified it, and Chris Ledoux. those guys were my heroes.. all of the ones that you were raised on, Haggard, and Jones, and buck Owens. Tammy Wynette, Loretta Lynn, the list just, just keeps going. It’s pretty good to be a part of this family, to be a part of the CMHOF. He’s overdue (points to Ricky).. He should have gone in long before this loser (points at himself) did, so it’s just love him, he’s a good man. that was a good night.

ASK GARTH’S

Christina from Crown Point Indiana

“ I’ve thawed, FINALLY, my toes, I can move and feel again, what an amazing time and memories created on Saturday. got to share it with my parents and best friend, who got to see you for the first time.. and they have fallen in love with you just as much as I have fallen in love with you, (she’s blabbing about the seats, it was massive, etc…) “Who was the mastermind behind the stage, and do oyu have any input when it comes, to building it? And then 2, how long does it take as far as building it prior, to the show, and then after how long does it take to take it down? “

- I love what she said there, what cities can I be a part of. I love it, you see, what I love about Notre Dame about this right here was, “I want to be a part of it..” I want to be a part of it too!

ad it might be with Garth’s name on it, but truth is I’m one of 85,000 people in the arena (cough cough- stadium?) and it was awesome.

so, the mastermind behind all the stages is a guy named brad Watney. And trust me, last night as we were walking around, doing our thing, doing the show, you started to take notes mentally up here, to report to him. little bitty technical things like which way the grating is facing in the stage, because when it gets slick that matters… so a lot of, thousands of different notes on that stage, so when we build the new one, those things kinda get taken care of. so it’s Brad Watney he’s been doing this forever.. he’s built probably every stage you’ve ever seen us on, except the very first one, I think that was Andy Akers, and if I screwed your name up I’m sorry, cause it’s been like 20 years since Iv’e seen you. the whole thing ,with this staging, the dessert is front row. always, front row. so we said how are we gonna make as much front row as we can. When we played the livestock show in Houston, they had a cowboy star stage, that went out but there waS nobody on the field so the whole time you’re out there you’re thinking if the rodeo ground was filled up, then every seat would be a great seat. It proved to be true. Was worried that it would be too small i na place like that but it was massive, in dead center. And you know my favorite view of it? It was from the plane, everybody that was flying in was sending me pictures .

(hashtag talking about people wanting to watch it on TV)

you know what, we got SO much great footage, because what we decide to do on this one, was pretty much shine right here (circles her pic on monitor) , on the hearts of the people gang.

between them, the cheerleaders, and the leprechaun, it was quite the party.

Steven from (couldn’t hear)

trying to look serious, “I have a bone to pick with your this morning. How am I ever supposed to enjoy another concert in my life, without a tailgate before it? (garth honestly looked a tad worried before the ‘asker’ said that…. ) No offense my big man, but my favorite part of the whole weekend was the tailgate, Bon Jovi’s living on a prayer was playing. My question for you , is do you see the stadium tour being more than just concerts? it seems to me like it has the power to leave communities (don’t understand what is said next) which is the real power of music, “

- showing TY’s tailgate footage.

- they had a Trisha mascot there too. showing tailgate pics..

(starts blabbering about the tailgate) (as a matter of honesty? It’s like the show comes after the tailgate. oh yeah there’s a show after if oyu want to stay after..

talking about the soundcheck from night before show- expecting 3-500 people, about 3300 people showed up.

it was unbelievable. And the weather was absolutely horrible that night, and they just came. they sat in the rain till we came out, and then when we heard that there was no corridor to put them in , we said ‘they’re not gonna wait for us” and so we started early. We just stood and sang in the rain, and I don’t mean to sound (??) but with those three-four thousand people? something freaking cool was happening. I think that if you put people in front of entertainers at a soundcheck, they become entertainers, it was more like a concert to me so.. (mumbled a bit)

Jesse Harsh (twitter)

Would it be possible to open up sound check to more students than just the university you were playing at? So more students in music programs can get the chance to attend?
    [/b]

great question but here’s the deal. We’re playing that university for a reason. and so we’re gonna keep it to those students, and students get in for free, with their student ID. And, this was fall break, so there were a lot students that weren’t there. we opened it up to faculty and staff, cause they’re all living and breathing, and talking in the university together all day. the faculty and staff had to pay something like (What was it) 10$ to get in, and 100% of that money goes to a scholarship for Notre Dame ([b] or the stadium where he agents in a college.. )we never touch it and that’s how it should be. this is going to start to be a tradition.. Any college that we play, we’re gonna open up soundcheck. And we took questions, they were great questions, it was just, it was a lot of fun. I gotta tell you I don't know what was more fun, that or 85000 . The 3000 were so cool, anyone that was at that soundcheck, something cool was going on.

Jay Peterson, appears to be a cop)

we are only a little less than 24 hours away now, from today’s concert, (unintelligible) def. in my life. never anything bigger than this.. from what I hear and have seen on Facebook the soundcheck tonight was amazing, … tomorrow is just going to be, incredible. (cop is rambling) cop is singing ‘all day long’..

(garth’s blown away by his singing.. )

jay- I’m embarrassed- you could take my job in a heartbeat..

Craig Griffin (twitter)

A HUGE Thanks again for following through with Turn the Page. It was one of the best moments of my life! Only thing that could top it would be being front row or meeting you. Thanks again Garth, you are the GOAT!

I KNEW THAT THIS GUY WOULD WRITE IN AGAIN, AND THAT IF HE DID, IT WOULD CERTAINLY MAKE THE SHOW! - TURN THE PAGE WAS AWESOME BTW…

- oh yeah, tis is the guy? .. (talks about how he asked them to play it and when CBS came in everything went out the window, started with a diff. song, couldn’t get it in the main show though we did play some Seger, but during housekeeping and awesome choice cause people just sang along!)

unknown.. they are picking out a pasteboard…a young girl and her mom “Am I going to a Garth concert or something?”

mom tells her to get a poster board to make a sign for the garth brooks concert (and the kid goes nuts)

mentions touchdown Jesus (students call it that, faculty would like to call it the ‘word of life’) facing that, they always fly 2 flags. The ND flag, and whomever they’re playing that weekend. so I looked up there and they were flying black kinda pirate circle g flag up there.

bubba (twitter)

“Mr Brooks Iv’e seen so many shows but wanted to share this special moment with the presence of a garth brooks concert. … (can’t read it- garth talks about it- a guy named Adam Reed got on a knee and proposed to his girlfriend just after the show.) (it’s the guy that gave Garth a bag of M&m’s during the show…

Shelby Wolford (twitter)

“Hey Garth, I loved the Notre Dame Show on Saturday despite the crazy Indiana weather! I am an FFA Advisor so I will be at the FFA Concert on Wednesday with 10 high school graduates celebrating my 10th wedding anniversary. Do y ou have any surprises in store for the FFA members during the concert or during the convention?

- Not really man, I guess we’re kinda like the surprise, we’re just excited cause we know the blue and gold, and everyone ordered it… Ty England played the FFA convention, Iv’e never gotten to play it… have wanted to do this for decades. think we’re going to lucas oil where the colts play…

Anthology- will talk about pre orders and may launch for pre orders next Wednesday.. (ehh I’ve ordered already again )

this 5 part series that you guys are quickly turning int 5 part 1 5 part 2, etc. the tour just keeps growing I can’t thank you enough

remembers to answer question about set up and take down.. 2 days for take down, about 10-11 days to put it up….

Good byes- wrap up..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

American leg??? Not this again wasn't he calling his last tour the American leg... What he really means is it's just America.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    American leg??? Not this again wasn't he calling his last tour the American leg... What he really means is it's just America.
    who knows.. It's easier to be positive than negative.... takes a lot less energy... the fact that he's still saying it may indicate a return, and time for logistics to work things out being needed.. Think positive .....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Sounds like those outside the U.S. MIGHT have something to look forward to in 2022. That's less than 4 Years away! Start marking your calendars.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Sounds like those outside the U.S. MIGHT have something to look forward to in 2022. That's less than 4 Years away! Start marking your calendars.
    That is what we did in 2014 too... didn't work out for 2018/2019! I am sorry (not really), but I have lost my optimism.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

dont nec. lose hope Main. . it's still possible he'll make it there

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I thought it was interesting that he said the launch for pre-orders for the Live Anthology would start next week, since as Skywise mentioned, it's already up for pre-order on Amazon. But I guess once other retailers like Walmart and Barnes & Noble and Target get it, the price will likely come down.

Considering that you can still get a brand new sealed First Edition of Volume 1 for around $11-$15, I think I will hold off on buying this one until after Christmas when the prices come way down.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I thought it was interesting that he said the launch for pre-orders for the Live Anthology would start next week, since as Skywise mentioned, it's already up for pre-order on Amazon. But I guess once other retailers like Walmart and Barnes & Noble and Target get it, the price will likely come down.

Considering that you can still get a brand new sealed First Edition of Volume 1 for around $11-$15, I think I will hold off on buying this one until after Christmas when the prices come way down.
    That was an interesting part for me too. Maybe he did mean other retailers... hey if it drives the price down I'm all ok w/ that

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Does anyone recall how much Walmart had it when released? $30

I want to buy a limited edition copy (if only to keep the collection intact) but only if I can snag it for $20 or so.

I'll go up to $25 if it's confirmed we get a legit mix on TL and not that fan mix nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post

I want to buy a limited edition copy (if only to keep the collection intact) but only if I can snag it for $20 or so.

I'll go up to $25 if it's confirmed we get a legit mix on TL and not that fan mix nonsense.
    haven't looked at any other pre sale prices.. I know it's $30 at Amazon (currently)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post

I just checked my WalMart history, and I got the first Anthology for $18.49 on release date.
    Last edited by Emerald Isle; 10-23-2018 at 06:34 PM.

haven't looked at any other pre sale prices.. I know it's $30 at Amazon (currently)
    As of right now, I haven't been able to find the Live Anthology for pre-order anywhere else other than Amazon. So currently, $30 is the only price. But once other retailers start listing it (next week, I guess), I'm sure prices will become more reasonable, including at Amazon, who usually matches other big-box retailers.

As of right now, I haven't been able to find the Live Anthology for pre-order anywhere else other than Amazon. So currently, $30 is the only price. But once other retailers start listing it (next week, I guess), I'm sure prices will become more reasonable, including at Amazon, who usually matches other big-box retailers.
    Yeah, that's what happened last time if I remember.. regardless it's gonna be fun to have (have to pre order another copy maybe... so I can have a sealed one in collection...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I just checked my WalMart history, and I got the first Anthology for $18.49 on release date.
    Thanks for checking! That's a price I'd definitely feel comfortable paying Anthology 3.

So another Studio G tomorrow.

Im guessing will talk about the Anthology and how its avaaible for pre order on Amazon.

Will talk about the FFA concert.

Will talk about the TV special for notre dame on dec 2.

Will announce the other three cities to start the Stadium tour. (we have st louis, Arizona) so three more to be
    announced, or he will say their announcement date is coming before December.

I'm not sure what else he can talk about it?

Would it be Busch Stadium you think? I'm not familiar with St Louis.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Would it be Busch Stadium you think? I'm not familiar with St Louis.
    Concert is at the Dome at America's Center (former home of the St. Louis Rams). He will have plenty of time to setup and rehearse since it sits empty most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by mbarker View Post
    Concert is at the Dome at America's Center (former home of the St. Louis Rams). He will have plenty of time to setup and rehearse since it sits empty most of the time.
    Thanks! I was hoping for Busch, since I'm a huge Cardinals fans. I wonder if each stop will get special G-Gear since they will be spaced out and made into events, besides the event posters? Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Thanks! I was hoping for Busch, since I'm a huge Cardinals fans. I wonder if each stop will get special G-Gear since they will be spaced out and made into events, besides the event posters? Hmmm
    each event special gear? a chance for Garth to sell more merchandise? I'd be willing to bet so yeah (marketing wise it's a no brainer)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I love what he did with ND, would love to see it continue, merch wise. Busch Stadium (the 3rd lol) would have an awesome backdrop with the Arch now, but it does hold less and the Dome is the more likely choice, sadly.

Being from the St. Louis area, I'm obviously pumped for him to kick this thing off here. The Dome is sort of an interesting choice, though. That part of the city is pretty dead. As everyone knows, when the Rams left, everything just sort of stopped. Busch Stadium has held lots of concerts (Kenny Chesney, Billy Joel, etc.), but holds about 20k +/- less than the Dome. I just don't know what "team" he's going to play off of. My guess is the Blues and Cardinals....or maybe none. Might just be a Team Garth kind of day.

It's definitely not an exciting building...but I'm sure they might dress it up a bit when Garth comes. I'll let ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by jturtels View Post
    Being from the St. Louis area, I'm obviously pumped for him to kick this thing off here. The Dome is sort of an interesting choice, though. That part of the city is pretty dead. As everyone knows, when the Rams left, everything just sort of stopped. Busch Stadium has held lots of concerts (Kenny Chesney, Billy Joel, etc.), but holds about 20k +/- less than the Dome. I just don't know what "team" he's going to play off of. My guess is the Blues and Cardinals....or maybe none. Might just be a Team Garth kind of day.

It's definitely not an exciting building...but I'm sure they might dress it up a bit when Garth comes. I'll let ya know.
    I THINK (could be wrong) that he's said in passing at least once he's was going to where the rams used to play..

Recap will be up as normal, but will be later tonight (dang it if I can't get it done before late!) my daughter has a marching band performance for family and friends tonight... Garth will come after

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It has been confirmed that it is the Dome - he said it during the press conference. I think the appeal of a dome (no weather) and an empty building that he could setup weeks in advance make it an easy choice. It does have a great area across the street for Trisha's tailgate as well.

+ Reply to Thread