+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Why am I getting the feeling that Garth will be performing The Road I'm On in the key of G? I'm not going to lie, I'm not a big fan of when bands change chords from a studio version to a live version, it throws me off when I try to sing along with them.
    I wasn't listening close enough on lsat night's inside studio G. was the part of the road I'm on that was played in the beginning in the key of G?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

What I was barely able to hear from last night, it sounded like it. Too bad my phone decided to be a douchebag last night because the video kept buffering on me.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    What I was barely able to hear from last night, it sounded like it. Too bad my phone decided to be a douchebag last night because the video kept buffering on me.
    hmm- I gotta re listen to it then, it sounded normal key to me at first listen...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Tomorrow's Studio G should be brilliant. He will be talking about the soundcheck thing for ND, Im guessing that is
    where the students can go and listen to the soundcheck thing!!!

You guys going to ND, must be getting excited, hes going to knock it out the part I think. Visually its going to
    look amazing, an 80K seat stadium, everyone wearing the team colors!, Hes bound to be filming this thing!

hopefully recap won't be too delayed tonight (possible band concert at my daughter's HS..).. recap of ISG will happen thoguh

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

No studio G next week, Talked of the live anthology, but gave zero new details, said details will come closer to release date.

so we have to wait to see what will be on the two other discs, the three other being triple live.

talked of soundcheck, free for students and faculty.

Trisha at soundcheck, but not at show.

A special announcement to be made next week, seems to be coverage of ND concert, Internet?? TV??? :-)

hes also going to announce other shows soon.

Faculty might have to pay. They was a poster with the CDs of the anthology behind him tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Faculty might have to pay. They was a poster with the CDs of the anthology behind him tonight!
    Well good for the students and worth it for the faculty!

yeah I noticed that.

Im guessing the two cds that arent triple live will have ten songs on them each.

2o live performances from the early/mid 90's are coming!!!

Tonight's Inside Studio G Recap

Inside Studio G clocks in at 20:38 this week

inside studio G Recap for 10-8-2018

holding copy of Garth Brooks Live Anthology

no studio G next week. (prepping for ND)

TY halloween special next Monday. (Mon 8pm eastern_

3 BIG Things (“coming up next”)

1) Anthology

2) Notre Dame

3) #Askgarth

ANTHOLOGY
    on the motor behind Garth-

advertisement showing- Garth brooks Anthology Part III Live

Augmented Reality
    52 Live Recordings
    256 Pages
    over 100 photos

The 5 CD’s shown are Red, White, Blue, and a Dark black/blue color for last 2

talks about the anthology

Anthology 1- the first 5 years
    Anthology 3- Live

both anthology 1 and anthology 3 will be out for Christmas

Anthology 2- the back half of the 90s

3 1/2 year tour wrapped up, and we knew triple live was coming up, so we went right into there, and triple live is in the anthology. Splits up the “two worlds of Garth” , all the way up to the retirement, to go home and raise our babies

and then, the comeback is coming as well, as probably the last of the 5 anthologies (interesting.. he left one part out- the message/statement/etc. one)

if ‘you all’ keep showing up, there might be a bonus anthology six if we’re 105 years old, …..

hashtag says people love the cover…

looks like TIGB2 is the front cover, but CP is the back cover…

talks about the people they went back to talk to (mentions Ty England..)

talking about who is interviewed for the anthologies…

hashtag mentions augmented reality

“This is Charlie Meltzer, him and pat Quigley, always wanted to do AR so they got together and figured out a way to do AR in this book..”:

as book gets closer will tell you how to work the augmented reality in it (sounds like more advertising/hyping for the app will happen)

NOTRE DAME

soundcheck… this is gonna be fun.. if we were announcing something bigger that’s coming in the future, this will be part of it (hmmm…. slipping and hinting at recording of ND??

Notre Dame is a chapter in the next book of our lives

soundcheck- will be free to students of ND that show the ND id.. at the Rockne Gate.. they get in at 7pm.. ND trying to wrk out something with the Faculty/staff.. they may have to pay but will all go back to ND for scholarship program.. will be like Q&A during soundcheck (PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT’S HOLY ASK SOME GOOD QUESTIONS

see behind the curtain on what happens..

Friday the 19th… dang, if only I were gonna be in South Bend in time to hear it, I’d def. do it but won’t be in till Friday night later..

can ask any kind of questions you want…

ND VIP Package the night of the show.. (http://venue.nd.eu) this starts right after the tailgate is done..

it’s a show that as of this morning is not just a show, but we can’t say anything… so we have an announcement next week

no studio G next week so there must be some special announcement coming next week (garth gets giddy when talking about stuff like that)

it’s gonna be fun.. A lot more people are gonna be able to see this than 85000.. (BOOM!! IT’S EITHER GONNA BE STREAMED OR RECORDED SOMEHOW/BROADCAST.. HAS TO BE

ASK GARTH’S

Shannon from Michigan

.. no real question just saying that garth wonders why people still show up and that the fans will always show up for the best entertainer , etc.. (tuned rest out waiting for question to come)

- talks a bit about march.. will have black stuff and heather red stuff in case you don’t want to do/ can’t do ND stuff, etc.. just come as you are…

will not be changing lyrics to FILP to Friends in Irish places…

it’s going to bring people … I don’t know why we do this but we draw a line in the sand that wasn’t there before… someone’s a red sox fan, someone’s a yankees fan, and all of a sudden we can’t love one another.. with this merch. will get past that (talks being a fan of “big blue” and maybe never coming into ND and now they will be able to

(mentions all gonna hug and love each other for 2, 2 1/2, 3 hours (bam could be fun show if it’s that long

showing some guy who sang FILP for 36 hours (with a few random breaks for water/bathroom) to raise $ for breast cancer…

Rob (twitter)

“ Thinking about Triple Live, 366 shows so that many versions of each song, how do oyu pick which one to put on the album? looking forward to Quadruple Live”

- talks about FILP and how it was recorded in/from the Ryman.. it was magical, kinda stuck out.

Thomas (twitter)

“I’m getting married on 10/13. I was wondering if maybe as a wedding present you can maybe give a not so subtle hint about when you’ll be back in Oklahoma for a show? My soon to be wife and I are dying for another garth show.”

- congratulates him on marriage, says “we’ll get a stadium, we’ll be announcing stadiums sooner than you think ([b]more confirmation of stadium tour[.b]

reason we cannot say a lot of them, is because a lot of them are still under contract because this is so far out… so we don’t know WHERE we’re going yet, but we’ve got a pretty subtle hint idea where we’re going if that helps..

Autumn (Twitter)

just 14 days until ND and I cannot begin to describe my excitement. My parents saw you in the 90s and I can’t wait to complete the circle. My ask garth is will there be Piña coladas? looking forward to a great show.. ( ok this one will/ make Garth laugh question wise and have some dang goofy response, but seriously? kinda lame question

TXGB fan (Twitter) (Christine?)

“I’ve been listening to the courage of love all day long. whoah, this sone is amazing, your vocals blow me away. I love the rawness and the range, is there any way /chance we could hear this live? “

talking about writing it for Michael. you’ve picked that last full verse, .. (plays a snippet of courage to love) explains (“a songwriting tidbit”) how originally last line was “if were gonna leave our children, a future that is bright”) (talks about how if that had been left in there, there would have been a big breath (and it would have sounded like “if we’re gonna leave our children….. “ (we’re not gonna leave our children)

talks about some of the lines of the song…

Goodbyes..

NO Inside Studio G next week, but TY’s big halloween thing on Food network next Monday, 8pm eastern.

END…

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I wonder if it's gonna be some kind of Amazon Prime streem of the concert???

I wonder if it's gonna be some kind of Amazon Prime streem of the concert???
    Hmm... part of me would be down with that... part of me would be not liking it- harder to 'save' as a memory that way

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I'm not cool with it, no Prime and Hughes Net lol

I'm not cool with it, no Prime and Hughes Net lol
    Hughes net- not a good system, eh? As for Prime, eh well that's a choice... however- if he's SMART he'll do more than 'just' a livestream if he's hoping for exposure.. I gotta say, his comments about the soundcheck sounded very interesting- would love to be at the Q&A type of event that it will also be .. unfort- not being a student/faculty at ND in addition to the timing of my flight in- . oh well .

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

From my experience, streaming concerts is a very iffy thing because I get a LOT OF BUFFERING whenever I stream a concert. So I at least hope that CBS shows or I'll even book a hotel room with HBO just to watch it if he goes that route.

No offense to anyone, but I just can't see him streaming a concert. It took him forever to stream music and now all of a sudden he's going to stream a show. I'd be very surprised, but I've been wrong before.

I suspect it is going to be filmed for some purpose. I know that he had a rehearsal for Texas Stadium with an audience in the 90s and they filmed it so they had close up shots, etc. for the TV special.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    No offense to anyone, but I just can't see him streaming a concert. It took him forever to stream music and now all of a sudden he's going to stream a show. I'd be very surprised, but I've been wrong before.
    heck, he is doing AR () for the new anthology hehe.. so he's MOVING at least into the realm of the present

I suspect it is going to be filmed for some purpose. I know that he had a rehearsal for Texas Stadium with an audience in the 90s and they filmed it so they had close up shots, etc. for the TV special.
    that's my guess too. filmed for tv special or release somehow

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Maybe he'll broadcast is in movie theaters like he did with his Kansas City Concert back in 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by pparish View Post
    Maybe he'll broadcast is in movie theaters like he did with his Kansas City Concert back in 2007.
    Now that would be fun- Garth could also 'edit' and 'spiffy' it up/post produce the heck out it, then release it in theaters around the time the anthology comes out (or heck, just have a theatrical run like the Glee movie did...).. it's poss.

maybe even a 3D release but I doubt that- kinda has been a meh tech.. oh well... lots of poss. questions for ISG.. 10 to 1 they dont' get asked

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I think what ever it is its going to be live, I dont think hes just going to have a special announcement to say "we are filming it and it will be on tv in a few months"
    He wouldve mention that already.

It makes perfect sense, with the Live anthology and the stand alone live album coming up in five/six weeks, to stream this concert live.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    I think what ever it is its going to be live, I dont think hes just going to have a special announcement to say "we are filming it and it will be on tv in a few months"

It makes perfect sense, with the Live anthology and the stand alone live album coming up in five/six weeks, to stream this concert live.
    . I guess we'll have to see....

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post

I could be wrong, but I disagree. If this is going to be live (as in on TV or streamed the night of the show) they’d be advertising the crap out of it right now. I think it makes total sense it’s being filmed for later. The rehearsal can be taped for close ups, edits if they need it, etc. I think we will see it but not live that night.

I could be wrong, but I disagree. If this is going to be live (as in on TV or streamed the night of the show) they’d be advertising the crap out of it right now. I think it makes total sense it’s being filmed for later. The rehearsal can be taped for close ups, edits if they need it, etc. I think we will see it but not live that night.
    knowing Garth's penchant for overproduction, that sounds like a logical conclusion

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

He did say that this other format to watch the concert in would be announced next week, so it totally could be a live thing, but they aren't currently advertising it simply because it hasn't been announced yet.

Good points!!

I guess I can go to twitter and watch it live as people film it on periscope.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    He did say that this other format to watch the concert in would be announced next week, so it totally could be a live thing, but they aren't currently advertising it simply because it hasn't been announced yet.
    I was unaware of this. Interesting.

Since Notre Dame has a relationship with NBC and most of Garth's specials have been on NBC, and with Anthology coming on 11/20, I think the safest bet is night before Thanksgiving 2 hour special on NBC.

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    Since Notre Dame has a relationship with NBC and most of Garth's specials have been on NBC, and with Anthology coming on 11/20, I think the safest bet is night before Thanksgiving 2 hour special on NBC.
    hmm. That'd be a nice idea.. dont' know if it's likely/It will happen but it'd be a fun idea! (though dang it, I'll be in Arizona so I'd have to watch it on the hotel TV )

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    I think there is a really good chance that this is exactly what happens.

Unless something happens, I don't see Garth showing this thing on NBC because remember since the 2001 Coast to Coast concerts being on CBS, that network has more or less been his go-to channel. I don't think NBC and him severed ties, but since the Chris Gaines debacle he hasn't done much with NBC since.

Maybe it's ABC's turn? lol

+ Reply to Thread