+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Ok haven’t listened to inside studio g yet so all I have is your bit here but......

Vinyl? Was THTA the earth shattering biggest thing announcement?

if so........ SNOOZE
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Ok havenít listened to inside studio g yet so all I have is your bit here but......

Vinyl? Was THTA the earth shattering biggest thing announcement?

if so........ SNOOZE
    Yep at the very end of studio G, he announced it, almost as an afterthought.

You know guys, I've seriously had it past my nose with y'all complaining about every single thing that Garth is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Yep at the very end of studio G, he announced it, almost as an afterthought.
    From the haven’t watched pespective then..... ridiculous

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I'm fairly stoked about the vinyl releases.

But it's laughable that it was the "biggest announcement ever" lol

Embarrassing his team (and Garth) promotes something like this as a big announcement or his biggest announcement ever. Makes legitimate surprise or big announcement less impactful.

I might be showing my age but I think this is fantastic and a big announcement. Vinyl is big to me. Nostalgic and albums are just better sounding. People have been craving vinyl for years. Plus vinyl is the record cover, the liner notes. I am still carting around some of my vinyl and I haven't owned a record player since the 80's. I will definitly buy a player now and buy all the vinyl. I will be able to listen to Garth as well as my Michael Buble, BNL and U2 vinyl I have been buying but never could listen to. Growing up in the 70's, vinyl is memories. Plus every year the sales of vinyl have been growing.
    I will be curious to see how well it sells. I didn't finish listening to Studio G since it kept stopping and skipping. Did he say if releasing indiviually or in boxed set?

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    You know guys, I've seriously had it past my nose with y'all complaining about every single thing that Garth is doing.
    Im not complaining.

For fans of Vinyl this must be a massive deal!!

Hopefully the vinyl is available overseas, so they have something to listen to, since Garth is NEVER going to do another concert outside the U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I might be showing my age but I think this is fantastic and a big announcement. Vinyl is big to me. Nostalgic and albums are just better sounding. People have been craving vinyl for years. Plus vinyl is the record cover, the liner notes. I am still carting around some of my vinyl and I haven't owned a record player since the 80's. I will definitly buy a player now and buy all the vinyl. I will be able to listen to Garth as well as my Michael Buble, BNL and U2 vinyl I have been buying but never could listen to. Growing up in the 70's, vinyl is memories. Plus every year the sales of vinyl have been growing.
    I will be curious to see how well it sells. I didn't finish listening to Studio G since it kept stopping and skipping. Did he say if releasing indiviually or in boxed set?
    It was at the very end of studio G, he added something about analog and digital also.

I presume its his entire catalog, which will be cool for the vinyl people.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Ya know, since what I can see is that my comment was the closest one that's negative on things- (if you look at it that way ) then I can only assume that this is directed at least in part my direction..

This is a thinly disguised rehash/re-re-re-release... Yes vinyl has seen a resurgence, but where is the widespread appeal that it once had? it's not there- not in all markets.. If Garth was wanting to reach the young adult audience (a target it seems of this "revival" of vinyl) why not go for the FUTURE rather than what is really THE PAST and now a niche ( as one article put it... "Vinyl records are still enjoying a newfound resurgence in the US, though their overall numbers remain niche.") market..

with vinyl (at least at Barnes and noble, for first one VINYL it seems you're talking $20-25 for an album.. you can get a high quality recording for less. you can get a physical CD copy for less..

I'm sure some will collect to their hearts content, but where do you draw the line? for me? it's probably here- why the he@@ would I want to buy the same music AGAIN in another format, without SOME incentive to make it worth the effort (and no garth, more pictures wouldn't be the push to buy... new music? unreleased music? perhaps. however, why buy in vinyl for that purpose, when you'd have to purchase a freaking LP player (see many of them sold in stores?) for the purpose. No thanks. if I want my music Garth wise, I don't want to buy vinyl.. we left that behind in the 80's..

Sorry outcast, but this time? the complainers have a reason to gripe..

garth is truly making himself into a dinosaur.. be an album guy.. be a 'songwriter's guy'.. listen to the 'warmth' of a vinyl release....

but try to bring back an outdated format? no... you're not THAT important (Garth isn't)

that being said all I havre (as I still need to listen to the show itself) for judgment is the comments made by Brett on this thread- I'm perf. willing to adjust if i've misstated Garth's actual words... or intentions...

the announcement though? if this is all it was, it's certainly not 'the biggest' that's ever been made, etc.. (not that I expected anything else)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Ya know, since what I can see is that my comment was the closest one that's negative on things- (if you look at it that way ) then I can only assume that this is directed at least in part my direction..

This is a thinly disguised rehash/re-re-re-release... Yes vinyl has seen a resurgence, but where is the widespread appeal that it once had? it's not there- not in all markets.. If Garth was wanting to reach the young adult audience (a target it seems of this "revival" of vinyl) why not go for the FUTURE rather than what is really THE PAST and now a niche ( as one article put it... "Vinyl records are still enjoying a newfound resurgence in the US, though their overall numbers remain niche.") market..

with vinyl (at least at Barnes and noble, for first one VINYL it seems you're talking $20-25 for an album.. you can get a high quality recording for less. you can get a physical CD copy for less..

I'm sure some will collect to their hearts content, but where do you draw the line? for me? it's probably here- why the he@@ would I want to buy the same music AGAIN in another format, without SOME incentive to make it worth the effort (and no garth, more pictures wouldn't be the push to buy... new music? unreleased music? perhaps. however, why buy in vinyl for that purpose, when you'd have to purchase a freaking LP player (see many of them sold in stores?) for the purpose. No thanks. if I want my music Garth wise, I don't want to buy vinyl.. we left that behind in the 80's..

Sorry outcast, but this time? the complainers have a reason to gripe..

garth is truly making himself into a dinosaur.. be an album guy.. be a 'songwriter's guy'.. listen to the 'warmth' of a vinyl release....

but try to bring back an outdated format? no... you're not THAT important (Garth isn't)

that being said all I havre (as I still need to listen to the show itself) for judgment is the comments made by Brett on this thread- I'm perf. willing to adjust if i've misstated Garth's actual words... or intentions...

the announcement though? if this is all it was, it's certainly not 'the biggest' that's ever been made, etc.. (not that I expected anything else)

That was the most thought out and truthful post I have ever seen. I would accuse you of copying that out of a magazine if it was possible. You sir said everything I was thinking and feeling. Not trying to kiss up but absolutely spot on.

What makes it ridiculous is the fact that yet again he tried to hype it as being this major announcement. But this time I knew that it was going to be no big deal, so it really comes as no surprise.

Really? The fact he's doing something (releasing material on vinyl), that other artists have been doing for years, is not news. Vinyl has been making a comeback for the past decade, so thanks Garth, for catching up with the rest of the music industry.

I hate to get into this but I just want to know why people get mad at him for rehash/rereleasing etc. He releases new material. The people who want new music get new music. So he releases old stuff. You do not have to buy or even should care. Save your excitement for new stuff. Nobody promised you new music everytime he releases something. Why draw the line? Let people who want to collect do so and let new audience get there first crack at Garth. When new album comes out, enjoy. I guess I don't understand why people complain about rerelease stuff. It is very simple..don't buy. Nobody is forcing you. He isn't just doing rerelease stuff. Man Against Machine, Gunslinger, the fan mix, new album next year. Again, nobody is asking you to buy the music again. Garth is in the music business to sell music. If he wasn't in it to sell music, he could just play at the local honkey tonk every Friday night. If people want to spend their money on rehash, it is there money. My brother asks me why I have so many copies of the same Garth albums. I say, the same reason you buy dvds, it gives me enjoyment. I know that is a bad analgy butI just don't understand someone complaining about something they aren't expected to buy. (sorry for the lack of editing but I had eye surgery last week). I hate being negative but I just don't understand people complaining. Wait for the new album and let those others enjoy. Remember Garth has only sold 148 million records of all his catalog. The United States has 311+ people so that means a lot of people don't own the old stuff.

Nothing to see here, folks.. Move along...

Funny :-)

LOL. We need to laugh. Life is to....

The catalog on vinyl is long overdue IMO. It's actually more future-oriented than another boxed set full of CDs. For example, you cannot even buy a CD at Best Buy these days, but Best Buy sells a wide variety of vinyl. So in that sense, I think this a brilliant announcement, and I'm excited for those who collect vinyl to finally have the entire catalog in that format.

But biggest announcement of his career??? P-lease!! haha!!

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe the quote was “biggest announcement yet.” They said nothing about biggest of his career - that was only used by a member of this forum. I took biggest announcement YET to mean - since he started making announcements on Studio G. Does it live up to that quote? Maybe, maybe not.

Personally I think it’s an exciting thing. Not groundbreaking, sure, and I think he probably missed the peak of the vinyl resurgence, but it’s cool he’s doing it.

+ Reply to Thread