+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

Im guessing today will be all about the CMA Fest!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Probably- will do a recap later tonight for everyone
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

He let it slip that Mitch Rossell and Bryan Kennedy are the writers on the new single! I would guess G is also a co-writer on that. Like a lot of Bryan's work with Garth and I think Mitch can turn a phrase with the best of them. Really excited to hear this collaboration.

Awesome first ask Garth question tonight. Was it someone from here? Because it wasn't the usual type of question you normally get.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Awesome first ask Garth question tonight. Was it someone from here? Because it wasn't the usual type of question you normally get.
    It was fantastic! Much better questions tonight.

Super pleased to hear All American Kid and Tacoma will be on Triple Live. Love those songs. Would not mind at all if one of those were put out as live singles at some point.

Another interesting tidbit to me was when he said they have to wait until July 9th to announce the tour because it involves other people than just himself. With a smirk on his face.

I'm sure none of us will over-speculate about what that means.

That was me ! Iím so pumped !!!
    Itís like I got to pick a song for Triple Live !!

Felt good for Garth to answer a question that wasnít an answer Garth fans know the answer to as well !
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Another interesting tidbit to me was when he said they have to wait until July 9th to announce the tour because it involves other people than just himself. With a smirk on his face.

I'm sure none of us will over-speculate about what that means.
    So maybe my traveling festival “Garthapalooza” thought in the other thread actually has some credence?

Just listened to Studio G... sounds like there's a Garth Museum coming at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Just listened to Studio G... sounds like there's a Garth Museum coming at some point.
    That's kinda my thought too- almost like a side party, etc. while the concert's going on (I envision something like WWE AXXESS during Wrestlemania or the MLB all star stuff that goes on in the city where the game is held)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    That was me ! I’m so pumped !!!
    It’s like I got to pick a song for Triple Live !!

Felt good for Garth to answer a question that wasn’t an answer Garth fans know the answer to as well !
    Knew it was a die hard fan to ask such a question. Pity he forgot to answer the anthology question.

ok, today's show wrap up...

Inside Studio G 6-11-2018

Show was 19:19 long this week

Continuing from last week…. Can we say yes as many times as last week?

Talking about FanFest (he called it FanFare - used to be that) a bit..

“The opening song of this new tour- is going to be kinda cool little letter from me to you and you to me” going to set the whole tone for the entire night sounds like a new song for certain

Mentions July 9 and how the big announcement will happen then- why wait? Because it involves people other than just me

The New music feels very old school- it sounds new, but its very old school.

New single- Monday (6/18) announce the song title, and Tuesday it gets kicked off to country radio

So far the feedback has been “this is exactly what we expect from Garth”

“it’s just that we have a lot going on next week from Monday leading on…” (that was Hashtag from off camera)

AskGarth questions

Charles from Arkansas (OUR CHARLES FROM PG!!)

My questions’ about triple live. .. First, can you give us any hint about songs that weren’t on double live but are on triple live. For example, I love All American Kid, … and, if you can’t give us hints on that, can you tell us how the live anthology will differ from triple live?

GARTH RESPONDS

** talks about Freddie Freeman an d Atlanta Braves.***

You want to know what’s on triple live that might have been on double live (talks a bit about Two of a Kind) (which you heard in the back in the studio)

Bt if asking about the songs that weren’t on double live.. (talks to guy in back about ‘can we put all American kid on triple live’?) . Charles , I think its’ a YES. Let’s do that-cause I LOVE That song…

Will check with publishers, and if it’s a go, it’ll be on triple live

“that’s a great idea, theres a lot of songs..” (talks about Tacoma)

Mentions a live performance of Tacoma from another state, NOT tacoma..

(talks about remembering everything from the tour - the people, etc..) “3 years of heaven for me”

”Awesome Aunt” Ali

Is the new single going to be on the live album? Or part of a studio album? Can you play a tiny bit of it right now? We can keep a secret

GARTH RESPONDS

“Is the new single going to be on the live album or part of a studio album?” YES

Now, is it going to be part of this live album , when it first comes off? NO. We haven’t performed it live yet. But if it gets response from you guys that I hope? Then it’s gotta be part of Triple Live’s later life HMMM.. MULTIPLE RELEASES OF TRIPLE LIVE TO COME?

(talks about Double live’s live, and how songs get added to it over the years). Yes I’m hoping that this new single (which we cant name yet) will be on the live album

Can you play a tiny bit of it right now ? NO. I can’t. Our people / my people that I work with would absolutely hang me

group of kids from Vacation Bible School in Austin Texas singing the river

GARTH RESPONDS

“they’re so cute. . That is AWESOME”

That is beautiful! Greatest gift you can give right there, singing songs back to the artist

Susan Zookeeper
    So Garth, did you catch Alie Colleen’s duet on WSM and how did it feel? And did you add a weight room to Allentown? You say you spent the last month in the studio but look like you spent it in the gym. Miss you! Susan in Tehachapi

GARTH RESPONDS
    First of all- Susan zookeeper- I like that

Did you catch Allie Colleen’s duet on WSM. . I did not. I heard the interview. Very proud of how my daughter handles herself. I thought she did well.

(ignores the part about the gym

Shannon from New York

Do you think you can plan something in the New York/New Jersey area on my birthday? My birthday’s February 7th…

GARTH RESPONDS

Yes!! Same birthday!! We don’t look the same age, you look great..
    The only one we do not have a grip on yet is the Northeast because they’re so close in a lot of different markets.. so as this thing comes together we’ll know more..

“I’ll be celebrating your birthday like a fiend, every year, from now on”

@fraze9 from twitter (?)

Dad is going through everything in his house and found my old garth calendar. Can’t wait for my 21st G concert. Will this new tour be a stadium tour? And will it include Indy?

GARTH RESPONDS

ok, the parts of the tour, well the big announcement will come July 9th, and more will come after that…

So what the tour actually is, I cannot tell you, but its going where music has not gone before. Which means def. a place I’ve not gone before.

Does it include Indy? As a market, YES. As a date, I can’t say that- but as a market, YES. This is going to be a lot of fun. You’ll get the news July 9

Thomas, Andrew, and Mike

Thanking Garth for the drumsticks and the guitar from their show (garth remembers them, and the signs they had)

We have two questions for you today…

first, when you came to Worchester on your last tour. I gave you a patriots jersey, with 7’s on it and your family members names. It was a custom jersey and something I thought you’d really love. My question is, do you keep the memorabilia, do you still have the jersey, do you keep the things fans give you? And, what do you do with all that stuff?

The second question is- you had a real nice song called The Call on your Wynn DVD, and I’m just curious when that’s going to come out on an album. Is it something that you and Trisha wrote yourselves? (shows Garth the guitar that he gave them (it’s a dad (mike) and his two kids)

GARTH RESPONDS

yes, I remember these guys. I felt bad for them, for one had Longneck bottle and the other had Whiskey to Wine. I was expecting a younger child to have 2 Pina coladas .. I’m going to hell in a hand basket for teaching our kids about drinking songs, its uh, so these guys were great

To answer your question (mentions Storme bringing this up during fanfest) …. If we can get the deal done, it’s coming. That stuff is going to be, you’ll be able to see it, you’ll be able to.. hopefully there’ll be one place on earth where you’ll see all 7 diamonds at the same time.. Maybe we’ll work something out and you can take your picture with them. SO yes it is coming, yes it is appreciated, and it’s never taken for granted..

Gotta tell you an odd story, when Taylor was born, we actually carried an extra semi with us for all the gifts. They’d bring them to stage, you’d pick them up, take them off, and before you could hand them off you’d look back and they’d be stacked up again. Taylor had the most gifts of any of the children, and we still have a ton of those in the girls’ rooms. All that stuff means the world to us, the fact that you guys would think of me, cause I know that stuff’s not easy to bring in, especially today , it’s really hard to get it to you, so its very sweet that you guys do that

mentions the Call. That wasn’t written by Trisha and I, that was written by Cory and Karyn. They’re married now, they weren’t when they wrote the song

So they did the call and its as on the wynn Vegas thing.. the queen loves that song.. very cool..

[ Nathan Sletten from Iowa
    I’m a band director in Iowa. How did your music teachers help you get where you are now?

GARTH RESPONDS
    Oh very cool!

Ok Nathan- I can’t read or write music. I dont like the use the word Cant, but it’s just never something I’ve been disciplined to do, so my guys listen to me when we talk. It’s the weirdest thing Nathan you’ll understand this most people don’t understand it.. I see music in colors.. So if the songs not going the way I need it, I need it to get more blue, I need it to get more burgundy, or maybe a darker blue, or a lighter blue, and these guys understand that kind of talk, I dont know how.. So, my music teachers in high school were vocal teachers, yes that helped me a lot- what it gave me was confidence, gave me confidence to believe in myself because when you open your mouth and start singing, you’re very vulnerable, s how they are received is very important to their future… cant imagine getting to do this without my vocal teachers in HS (and junior high and elementary too)

lois

Does there exist a drawer somewhere of music you’ve covered by other artists just because you wanted to hear your own take on their song but never intend to release for fans? Perhaps bruno Mars or Michael Jackson? Can we discuss… a little bit?

GARTH RESPONDS

Yes, YEs!!

Bruno mars.. Yes

Michael Jackson.. YES..

Those two guys would probably be the farthest from what Garth Brooks would try .. (sings TINY snippet of Bruno and Michael song(s) )

yes, there are. Theres stuff from seger in there, there’s stuff from James Taylor in there, there’s stuff from JOURNEY in there, which hopefully you will NEVER hear, cause that guys’ like through the whole stratosphere, so too try and sing anything up there is just crazy, so yeah, great question (talks about her twitter handle (@supermansgalpal) .. so can we discuss? YeS..

Talks about liking to say YES

Next weeks’ the big week-

Next week, July 9th (think he was confused here, or we aren’t getting anything next week ) we announce the single . Let’s just make a date

Talks about doing a coffee talk next Tuesday when the song’s being released to radio (with Mitch and Kennedy)

If you haven’t gotten enough of this, you’re gonna get sick of it

GOODBYES

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Maybe but he alluded to talking about it at CMA Fest with Storme. That kinda sounds like the restaurant/bar idea to me. Itís easy to imagine all 7 diamonds being apart of the ambiance of the restaurant along with so much other G memorabilia that he was referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    That was me ! I’m so pumped !!!
    It’s like I got to pick a song for Triple Live !!

Felt good for Garth to answer a question that wasn’t an answer Garth fans know the answer to as well !
    Awesome man!!! Great question!!

"SEVEN DIAMONDS Bar and Grill"?!

What time does Studio G usually go live?

new single IS called All Day Long

Currently no sound on Inside studio G

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Today's round up...

Wrap-up of inside Studio G

New single is called
    All Day Long

audio cuts out...

Audio back after about 4m..

Talking about an email blast.. and discounts….

Things you can only get through garth email.. “G mail”

“the diamond series” is coming… “how do I get a hold of house cleaning”… “the diamond series is coming”

More to come as gets closer…

Amazon streaming it.. pre sale on amazon for album too..

Can pre order for $10.. when it comes out it’ll be 2

Get all day long and the opening song of the tour (the road I’m on)

Hope those songs add on to live record a year or more down the road…

Ask garth’s

Tracy ….

“how much time goes into choosing the opening song for a tour” “will it be off hte new album”

great question.. depends on where your’e at in your career and life.. first time was ‘not counting you’

Then you had standing outside the fire

The old stuff

“all these songs also started albums”

When your looking at live show it’s looking so you stick your new stuff as opening song so you’ll get a chance.. people are coming to hear the old stuff (NO WE ARE NOT!!)

Janet:

“How do I know which stations it plays on? “

World premieres, etc.. keep asking around
    ———————
    Janelle

“I’m so excited for new single and new album- whats are your emotions when your new music is released ? me, I’m giddy like a kid getting a new toy..” (WE’VE ALSO HEARD THOS QUESTiON BEFORE)

Janelle, before you were born this is what it was like before an album was coming

Love people that wanted to find the record and get together it’s kinds of like that for me- your’e excited.. because it happens over and over again, you hope it’s someone the people like, because when its something you like it makes it fun to play live- you all make the decision… hope it hits something….

Tomorrow we’ll get a feel for how the song’s going

Garth Channel will playing all day long tomorrow as well

Ken Smith from Houston

Over the road truck driver

“What’s the hardest thing you’ve had to overcome as a songwriter?”

Some sons take years some take (snaps) that long to write)

Hardest things I’ve had to overcome is your own ego, sometimes your co writer is on fire, sometimes they do it, sometimes it just works.. main thing is the song.. as artist, we fight “are you going to cut this are you going to cut this” just write for the song’s sake…

If it works for you, for something else, or doesn’t work? Great…

jimmy mat tingly pipes in- all day long… I’m pumped up…

Shannon Markos

“happy fathers day hope you had the best day.. the only way I get through its your song the dance and I remember you is there a certain song you listen to when you missing your dad?”

2 greatest gifts they give you- the people you want to be and the people you don’t want to be..

music… dad was into all kinds of music.. haggard , jones, CCR, dad was in everything I do. (so no real song..)

Amy remembers first him she heard rodeo on radio, hoping same for all day long

Nick from Austin Tx

Will you ever do a duet with Bob Seger or Strait? Hope you put some Texas dates in new tour….

“we kinda grew up in Texas..”

Can’t imagine a tour w/o Texas… as far as sever and strait, I’d love to. They’re like gods to me in music business. I know every sever and start song every done.. kinda two you want to be when you grow up

(people are coming up with ALL DAY LONG lines…)

Garth says “I think they can request it all day long”

Will you give us any hints as stage will look from last tour, and will it come out into the fans?

it’s time that the stage reaches out into the people… yes, 100%.. It’s coming.. I’m excited about it…
    There’s going to be al to of ‘front row’ and ‘first row’..

Garth saying can’t play it right now, due to stuff w/ radio… the launch will go tomorrow morning.. 7am kinda a ‘coffee talk around camp fire’.. will see the writers and how the song was written , bring the guitars…

For people joining late… gonna re do clip

Focus on email situation next week- how we work together to make sure its an experience only you get. . the diamond series…

Talking about the email- will talk about it more next week… (due to audio cutting out).. will se net Monday, also for FB and others..

7am ‘campfire’ time…

Goodbyes…

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Thanks Scott

no worries!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I wonder when All Day Long will be streaming on Amazon? I'll be checking around midnight tonight!

Also, I wonder when we're getting the pre-order for the album? I'm excited to hear "The Road I'm On". I can usually have a decent idea how a song will sound, but his description has me really uncertain.

I'm super excited about the "Diamond Series" too!!!!

Garth is really giving the fans something to look forward to...I'm loving what he's bringing to us!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I will be the first to admit that it is easy to get frustrated with announcements of announcements, the slow drip of information and the fact that it seems like forever for something to actually get released. That being said, this is a VERY EXCITING time to be a Garth fan. It is really amazing what it seems we have got coming our way in the next few years.

1. Triple Live - It seems pretty clear there is a limited edition fan mix and I'm assuming a regular mix. He's also mentioned multiple times that he wants to release an edition later down the road with bonus tracks.

2. The Anthology - Think about it, we have 4 of these to go!!! There is the Live Anthology, the rest of the 90s, the comeback and the hits. We also supposedly have a 10-12 hour documentary that is coming along with this in some fashion.

3. New Album - A new album by itself is something to get excited about, but it appears we are going to get two new tracks very soon, possibly tomorrow.

4. The Diamond Series - Obviously we know very little about this, but he alluded to "house cleaning" and what sounded like live and/or demo versions of songs. My gut feeling is this may be a part of the reissue of the catalog. However, if there are some good bonus goodies I'm totally cool with this.

5. The Tour - Probably a stadium tour and maybe even some sort of festival. Regardless, it sounds big!!!

When you put all of this together it is really hard not to be pretty excited regardless of the dragging along and slow drip it seems we've had the last year or so. I don't think there has ever been a time when Garth was releasing more stuff, even when he was at his peak in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    4. The Diamond Series - Obviously we know very little about this, but he alluded to "house cleaning" and what sounded like live and/or demo versions of songs. My gut feeling is this may be a part of the reissue of the catalog. However, if there are some good bonus goodies I'm totally cool with this.
    That's my fear too, that it's yet ANOTHER re-issue campaign. If that's what it is, then it should be called the "I Want More Diamonds" Series, since this re-issue would almost certainly put The Chase and In Pieces over the 10 million shipments marks. All cynicism aside, like you said, if he fills out each release with a nice complement of demos, full live performances, and/or housekeeping performances of the songs (which actually should have been included in the Anthology and not on yet another re-issue campaign, but whatever), then it might be worth it. But I will definitely have to see before I shell out to buy the catalog for the 9th time.

Still, it IS a very excited time to be a fan!

Boy, you get a dose fd the flu and dont really check in to planet garth for a couple of days and it all goes down.

The diamond series????

I guess thats a new boxset with his seven diamond albums?, new songs included.

Gotta make dinner for my family, then I'll b coming up and getting started on the Inside Studio G recap- it was a long one today!! Looks like it was 29:14 long......

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Holy Crow that was a long one.. I've been typing for the better part of 2 hours!

Anyway... here's the recap from tonight- some VERY INTERESTING stuff in this Inside Studio G (to me at least)

Inside Studio G 6-25-2018 recap

Today’s inside Studio G clocks in at 29m 14s. It’s the longest Inside Studio G of the year I think

All Day Long - most added today at country radio.. Most added OF THE ENTIRE YEAR SO FAR at country radio

Ask Garth’s

Bob Keller (Twitter)

“Finally heard All Day Long in the car! Great song and Great background vocals by Trisha. What’s your favorite part of the song? Background vocal and the riff are mine”

Garth’s favorite part? The fiddle.. It’s a mix between Robbie (can’t get the name) and Jimmy Mattingly. Just loves how country it is, how honky tonk it is

#damngoodcountrysong discussion, and stuff that was talked about when the audio was out last week

Rae Lynn said she thought the title should be damn good honky tonk song so they talked about making it All Day Long (damn good honky tonk song)

A lot of people are saying “we’ve been waiting for studio g “ALL DAY LONG” (something tells me that’s gonna be a running joke with him)

Dana from Finland

My ask garth question is, what is the process of choosing a single like? Is it like (can’t understand) or knowing the feeling of a song, or is it like “this is just IT”

talks about “the road I’m on”, getting tons of comments on that song too

There’s a lot of different ways to approach it, and all of those things are yes.. you take it all into consideration- a lot of debate, a lot of this, a lot of that, but the truth is Allen Reynolds said it. You have to choose what you want to sing for the rest of your life if you’re lucky enough to get to do this for the rest of your life. Especially this late in your career you’re looking for something that you haven’t sang before . You’re looking for songs that might fit in with (mentions some songs) and hopefully at the same time be something new. All Day Long and The Road I’m on are already in there

For those who got the album, you’ll be getting bits and pieces of things over the next few months, of new stuff WHOAH.. poss. Pre order perk? Or inside studio G thing for everyone? - has seen what’s coming next and am just as proud of that.

Graci Pekins (twitter)

Is anyone else having trouble preordering new Garth Brooks Album or is it just me?

Hashtag mentions if you click the pre order link on an iPhone, you have trouble, cause can’t download the amazon music app for an iPhone. Garth asks if it’s any other company or just apple, and can apple fix this?
    In the meantime, a workaround- go to web browser on the phone (not the app?) and you can download it

Mckenzie from Northern Ontario Canada

Whats one city that you’ve never been to, that you wish to go to?

that’s a great question- the cities you want to go to is where people want to hear the music, so the cities I’m about to announce off my head, I don’t even know if they know who Garth Brooks is,, Fair Enough? so, Mexico City, and um, Moscow, we’ve never done asia, and I’ve love to do Asia.. The greatest compliment are the ones you’ve been to, and you want to go back. So we’re talking Dublin , we’re talking Minneapolis/St Paul, all those places that hug you, and seem to love the music, so …

amy lynn

Was excited for the day because there’s new Garth Brooks music, but we can’t get it in Canada. Fix this please…

Garth jumps to wondering if Apple in Canada is the same problem (you’re IGNORANT there Garth. Come on, man).. it’s a different problem.. amazon canada- they can’t download it right now, but they’ll be able to stream it in a few days.. (from hashtag). (garth doesn’t look happy that can’t download in Canada for the pre order). I know some people in amazon, I’m gonna get on the phone w/ them..

Brenda (?) is asking is this a physical copy or just an mp3?

Garth doesn’t know if it’s mp3 only or just the mp3? When pre ordering.. will do physical one eventually- that’s a pretty good distance from now. It’s gonna be a slow process.. my suggestion is just the mp3 way because that way you’ll get stuff, well all this stuff will be before retail even got a hold of it, so I’m excited and that’s what this should be..

There will be more songs coming quicker than the next single, what you’re getting ready to hear is uh, more sides of Garth and I hope you like them as much or more than the two sides you’ve heard so far

Kimberly Huston

You are so sneaky. You said all day long at least 2 times on the CMA fest interview. No one had a clue that it was the song title, Ha!

I said ‘a damn good honky tonk song’ once though!, talking about the interview and storme….

Getting comments about the hat he’s wearing- TY explains her friend Kendall from Arizona knows he’s a big pirates fan and at stagecoach she gave TY the hat for Garth

Katie Brooks

I’m curious about any moments in your career that stand out as being a learning experience, whether it was performing, writing/recording, or just the business in general, because let’s face it, we all don’t get to where we’re at now without some bumps..

talk about Bobby bones, and they did something with him, and he’s out promoting his new book (“listen to the title.. Fail, Until You Don’t”) . There it is… don’t be afraid to lose. Be cooler than social media, because the second oyu lose social media seems to jump on you,

Working on the live anthology right now, and there’s a quote in there from Bob Doyle that just kills me, he knows me better than anybody. He said “this guy’s not afraid to lose”

The greatest learning experience is from the times you lose, rather than the times you win

- taking a music break…

the hunter bros

Something about ‘friends in dry places ‘ . Singing (never mind- singing “Rain in dry places”) - not bad- kinda popular on FB live evidently

shelly kay

Hello- I hope you are having a good weekend. Would you consider letting the subscribers of G Mail pick the title for your next album? Maybe narrow down to 3 to 5 titles with telling us why you picked that choice, and letting your subscribers pick from there?

No.. It’s a yes thing, but.. here’s the deal Ms. Shelly.. The title is every bit as personal to you as the songs you choose. So everything from the chase, to in pieces, you just love it. No Fences was probably the first time you went “This is why we named it this” . The first album I wanted to name Randy Travis so bad but they had to name it Garth Brooks, here comes Ropin the Wind, Sevens. They all have a reason.. Man against Machine, everything from Gunslinger, it just keeps coming.. is there something we could do like that?

Talking about G mail, and wanting to give special things to those who subscribe..

used it a lot during last 3 years for tour stuff (cities, etc) .. we kinda wore it out. Theres been a long absence, we want to bring fire back to g mail again, We got around and talked and said what should G-Mail be, it should be for, it should be for discounts, that you can’t get anywhere else, for stuff that you can’t get anywhere, or that you are the ones with the first crack at it, and that is coming.. and it’s coming BIG TIME, like.. new stuff you’ve never heard yet and you get it first, FOR FREE. That’s coming, that is coming..

We want the people that’s on g mail to be the people who really want to be there. The first thing that comes to your G mail is going to be “pretty fricking Awesome”, and it won’t be available anywhere else. Sign up by going to Garth brooks.com and its free, costs nothing..

Morgan Chumbly

First Priority: Online text polling for set list suggestions. If this seems like too much work, I would be happy to make a new set for every show!!!

Morgan, Morgan, Morgan.. We have a thing called housekeeping or housecleaning, that takes care of all of this …..

Talks about set lists- they’re pretty simple- you find the songs if you don’t play they’ll be waiting outside for you with a rope.. you make sure you play those, and then you open your housecleaning to requests…

On the 9th you’ll find out ‘how many front rows’ there are…

Steven from Houston Tx (garth knew him from NASA)

It’s been one year since you were here at nasa’s mission control (pans to name on building) = Are they any space related songs on the new album, and if not where did you find the inspiration for the new music?

talks about playing laylas, and how the songs all seemed to fit the walls, and that’s what I’ do. I’m a honky tonker… talking about ‘growing up’ in this business, then stadiums and arenas, but the truths are honky Tonks are where I belong…, just kinda went back into that mode, and started writing music for honkytonks, and so that’s what’s coming. When you turn it up and make it big, that honky tonk still kinda lives…

Chanceynicole

With this being the first full album w/o Mike Chapman, does it have a different sound to your or were you able to let his legacy of playing on your albums live on and mix in old cuts that he had played?

there’s a kid named mackie, plays a lot like chap. Also Worf? Has played bass on this album. No one will ever replace chapman, but Mackie (and worf?) play al ot like him. He’s on their mind all the time

Janelle

Alright, someday I wanna sit around a campfire with (garth, mitch, Bryan kennedy, TY) and just chat and listen to them play music. That was so awesome, big thanks to (puts a few twitter handles on message) - NO QUESTION???

Picking some type of contest- to get people together, and bring them up on a cod (?) - just go up and see what its like. Will have guitars, people sing all night long, etc…

Army Lt Guidry

Could we possibly see pictures that fans took from the last tour on the big screen for the opening of the new tour while the road I’m on is being sung? That would be epic!!

kinda a tough thing to ask due to clearances, etc… legal stuff. If can’t get it done, you will def. see pictures from the 3 years prior, the last tour, my thing is turning cameras loose on people who were there that night…

Christina from Mt Vernon Ohio

No real question, just says thank you , and thank you for house cleaning…

might have just said 3 big things right there-e House cleaning is one.. just the whole, intimate thing is 2. But walk out in the audience? Has someone seen the stage on this new tour already?
    Ryan

Will anything from TY be on Triple Live? It would be great to hear Walkaway Joe on the album

Walkaway Joe Would be great but that’s for a Trisha Yearwood live record.. she’s on there , were doing duets. Sometimes she hung around for housecleaning and did background vocals so that’s on there too.. (HUH? HOUSECLEANING MENTION???)

Darcy Edgell

Hi Garth. I don’t know if you remember but about 1 year and 3 months ago I asked you on Studio G if you would release audio or video of housecleaning and you said NO lol…. What made you change your mind?

Housecleaning will NOT be on triple Live. Could it show its head somewhere else? YES…
    Is this gonna be the coolest project ever, you gotta be a part of? YES
    Remember this phrase - THE DIAMOND SERIES. The diamond series is coming. It’s going to take you from the actual recorded record to the housecleaning part of it, and its’ beautiful. These things are going to be available, nowhere else (G Mail reference anyone???) So if someone was to be say, on a G Mail list, somewhere, and somebody wanted to get this because they were fans of the music, but didnt’ have to pay a dime for it? Hmm… That might be coming… Is housecleaning coming? I said “Hell No?? “ “Hell Yes…” Housecleaning is coming…

Talking about links to pre ordering again…

Do it on a laptop instead of a phone… or if you dont’ want to do it on your phone, do it on your mac, etc. and go to amazon.com there..

Talking about amazon and canada..

taking off next week for July 4th, but back the next week on July 9th , have a lot to talk about by about 600pm because by 11am eastern (10am central/9am mtn) it’s going to happen that morning, so will have a lot to talk about. Gonna get amazon/canada thing cleared up…

Will give full explanation good or bad …

Goodbyes…

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Again a big thankful to skywise, for an amazing write up on today's studio G!!!

Heck some little hints from Garth, I read it as, "The Diamond Series" may not be just a boxset with the albums that received Diamond status.

Also, I dont think the tour may be a small theater tour because of talking about people being on the big screen from the last tour, (on the news tour)

Also, saying that the cities we are going to, may not know who he/his music is, I take that as, hes going overseas.

Two weeks time we will know!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post

No real question, just says thank you , and thank you for house cleaningÖ

might have just said 3 big things right there-e House cleaning is one.. just the whole, intimate thing is 2. But walk out in the audience? Has someone seen the stage on this new tour already?
    Ryan
    I assume this "Ryan" is a reference to me? HA! I have said from day one that I believed the stadium show at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta last October was a trial run for the stadium tour. If I'm right then I've seen the stage (and any of you who went have seen it as well). It was basically a square stage in the round in the middle of the stadium. Coming off the stage there were two ramps, one on each side of the long part of the stadium. They ran basically the length of the field so he had plenty of "front rows" as he has stated in Studio G a couple of times. I believe that is basically the stage. There may be more "bells & whistles" if you will when they complete it, but I think that was probably at least a skeleton version of it.

I was thrilled to hear a little more info about the Diamond Series/G-mail stuff. It almost sounded like to me the Diamond Series may be coming via G-mail and not necessarily be a reissue of past records. Who knows, but I'm loving the sound of getting things no one else can get except via G-mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Again a big thankful to skywise, for an amazing write up on today's studio G!!!

Heck some little hints from Garth, I read it as, "The Diamond Series" may not be just a boxset with the albums that received Diamond status.

Also, I dont think the tour may be a small theater tour because of talking about people being on the big screen from the last tour, (on the news tour)

Also, saying that the cities we are going to, may not know who he/his music is, I take that as, hes going overseas.

Two weeks time we will know!!
    Thanks Brett!! it was a long write up this time, in completion time at least..

The Diamond series is sounding more like something you'll get access too from being subscribed to the G-Mail mailing list.. I don't think its gonna be a box set in the stores at all, though I think the housecleaning parts (in some way) that people are clamoring for will be in it- at least that's what it's sounded like to me from listening to Garth's shows the last 2 weeks.

I would caution you (as I said in another thread, to you or someone else don't know) re: the cities.. it's NOT "CITIES WE ARE GOING TO" (i.e. dont' get your hopes up, only to be disappointed again potentially) it's "CITIES I WANT TO GO TO BUT HAVEN'T".. in the context of the statement, Garth was talking about you go to cities where people want to hear the music, and then the cities that Garth said he WANTED to go to were ones where he didnt' even know if they knew who GB was... (and mentioned moscow (hmm!), mexico city, etc.. That wasn't a proclamation of cities that they ARE going to. that's not a mention/idea nec. that they're going overseas.. it was a question about cities he WANTED to go to but HADN'T...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread