+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

Studio G today was mainly all ask garth's. The questions were quite long also.

I think we might be getting the dates next week and the first few cities announced, he said he cant say anything yet, but next time he speaks he will.

One thing that got me excited, he said something along the lines of the tour will be a retro tour, it will be like the concerts he did in the 90's.

That will be really really fun if it is!!!!
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 10-29-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I THINK (could be wrong) that he's said in passing at least once he's was going to where the rams used to play..

Recap will be up as normal, but will be later tonight (dang it if I can't get it done before late!) my daughter has a marching band performance for family and friends tonight... Garth will come after
    Correct. The Dome is where the Rams played. I was just talking about Busch since someone else brought it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    One thing that got me excited, he said something along the lines of the tour will be a retro tour, it will be like the concerts he did in the 90's.

That will be really really fun if it is!!!!
    What does that mean exactly? Is he going to fly across the stadium on a wire? Have flames shoot up from the stage? Climb a rope ladder? LOL.

Is he going to mix up the setlist between shows? Because selection wise, the last tour was essentially a 90's retro tour, since about 5% of them had music released post 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    What does that mean exactly? Is he going to fly across the stadium on a wire? Have flames shoot up from the stage? Climb a rope ladder? LOL.

Is he going to mix up the setlist between shows? Because selection wise, the last tour was essentially a 90's retro tour, since about 5% of them had music released post 90's.
    Maybe the stage show, hes bringing back the guy's that used to tour him. It may not be
    the flames, or the flying, but could mean the rope ladder thing, and the waving his arms at
    about 1000 miles an hour, you know the acting like a goofball on stage, which I always personally
    loved!

Maybe songs like whats shes doing now, we bury the hatchet, the old stuff, I think its too much of as stretch form him to bring back not counting you and
    the american honky tonk bar association.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 10-30-2018 at 12:45 AM.

I personally think he’s bringing back some of the band members from the 90s. The casual fan won’t notice, but for some of us who saw shows in the 90s that definitely will feel like a throwback.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I'm sorry guys- I wanted to get the update out but I'm wiped, it's 11pm my time and I have too many things to do before I go to bed.. I will get to it tomorrow... I can say, inside studio G clocked in at 23m this week..

till tomorrow
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I find it fascinating that last night's Studio G tease was that Anthology is now available for pre-order yet he didn't talk that much about it. We are 3 weeks from release and he has not once mentioned anything about the music on the set other than to say Triple Live is on there. (Yes, I know it's Double Live and Triple Live but he has not actually confirmed that.)

Well, from this picture on Amazon, it looks like we are getting Double Live and Triple Live.
    https://www.amazon.com/Anthology-Par...thology+part+3

Quote Originally Posted by Steven75407 View Post
    Well, from this picture on Amazon, it looks like we are getting Double Live and Triple Live.
    https://www.amazon.com/Anthology-Par...thology+part+3
    I know that is what we are getting. Iím just saying we are 3 weeks away from release and heís not mentioned it. To be ďall about the musicĒ like he is itís funny heís never mentioned it.

better a day late than never! (sorry if there are still typos in there- it's almost 1AM and I'm not as sharp on the editing right now)

Yesterday's Inside Studio G

Inside Studio G recap for 10/29/2018

Inside Studio G clocks in at 23:25 this week

Starting with ND / FFA talk.. mentioning people with signs, “I was frozen at ND” at the FFA show

he really does get off on the people coming.. didn’t know what would happen, but every state is represented.

probably the highlight of the night for Garth were these three girls who made sure that he knew they were from Baton Rouge Louisiana and then when CBR played it was ‘awesome’

talking about

FFA

ND (and the CBS special)

Live Anthology

thinks pre orders have finally started uh garth, they started a while ago

was mart and amazon both have links

(monitor frizzed out for Garth..)

hashtag mentions about Anthology being $23 today .. (10/29)

promised that he’d say- anyone who gets chance to play the FFA convention, take it cause it’s not a convention its’ a party.. (it was at Lucas oil stadium where colts play)

blew his chance to put out a video finally for first time in 20 years..

All Day Long was “tricking fantastic”..

as a songwriter you sit there and dream of things like the river. when Victoria Shaw and Garth wrote the river the talked about lights, going on the stadium and now it’s like with the river it’s lights everywhere,

but when we wrote all day long, knew they were gonna sing it back to us , and the crowd was on fire, first show of the night, (only show?) first song of the night, and they just didn’t have the cameras up and ready, and they caught us by surprise.. we are trying to catch up the rest of the night.

FFA, thanks for one of the greatest nights ever..

mentions about having ‘something coming up’ but can’t talk about it YET (but by the next time ‘we talk’, (and grins…)

CBS special- Sunday Night, December 2nd, 800pm EST

just starting to see the first frames of it coming back now and… It was cold!!

but everybody w as great

the helicopter shots are phenomenal

loves the big shots- central park, this, everything

Ask Garth’s

Amy from Chicago

“Is there something that calms you down, besides music (She had mentioned about having panic attacks, etc..) Anything you like to do, someone you like to talk to, What is it that calms you down when you feel like you need to get away…”

- great question.. Ms. Yearwood, Ms Yearwood calms me down, but I got to tell you I’ve spent my whole life the last 25 years of my life calming my girls down, they are extremely passionate, they are hot tempered, I think it’s the part in them, that, I don’t know what it is, but the crazy thing is, that what calms them down (mentions scuba diving and Taylor, just had a situation with an animal and called youngest in a panic, she’s so cool headed, and the middle one she has children herself, she’s like talking to an 80 year old girl, she is so sharp and smart.. So my girls, i find a lot of comfort in, and then on the farm, just sitting around the campfire.

- mentions about meeting with the entire crew about what’s coming up (in response to comment from hashtag..) and he said “we’ve been waiting for it for 25 years”..
    it’s this retro thing.. I think this tour’s gonna be more retro. Sol if you came to see the show in the 90s? get ready. its gonna be some cool cool stuff.

Mike Simmons (twitter)

“I was wondering, how did Notre Dame compare to Central Park? Any chance of Notre Dame being released on DVD? [/b]

- No, because it’s on the CBS special, right? so you’re going to be able to see it on CBS, and then we’ll see from there, I can tell you right now, how it compared to central park? It was more like Yankee Stadium for me. the weather in yankee stadium was very challenging, those people stayed, and then when it came time to play, it was really late, and I think now Notre Dame we only moved it back like 30 minutes or something GARTH, coming from someone who was there. It was moved back 48 minutes… supposed to go on at 700, came on about 748-750 but the people, wait till you hear it, because right now, all I’m hearing , we’re trying to fix the out of tune stuff from the cold, all I’m hearing is coming through my headset mic, the crowd is louder than any crowd I think we’ve ever played for, so you’re gonna get to see the crowd at their absolute best, it ws cold, but other than the way they’re dressed your’e never gonna know their thing, they always come and save my butt man, always.

talking again how they have actually lost a lot of great markets because the college, the athletic director doesn’t want “that thing” on their field, I’ll say this though- Notre Dame’s first inspection, final inspection, were flawless on the field, so ready to go again, which is great, john brown from john brown staging, thank you, that is you right there…

Brad from Grand Rapids Michigan (talking in front of Yukon, OK sign ‘home of Garth Brooks’)

- didn’t really have a question, talked about how he thought Garth was from Tulsa, not Yukon, but (Garth jumped in w/ a comment, he was born in Tulsa…)

talks about fathers in law (Brad was traveling with his.) talks about having a great relationship with Sandy’s dad… even though they got married, then divorced, he may be one of Garth’s best friends.

talking about the sign, and how his job when he was 14 was mowing on the side of the road, out to the county line. (he means the town line)

Lois (twitter)
    has a picture of Garth with a Possum… (garth remembers the pic)

talks a bit about the Judds, Reba, and Kenny Rogers and their tours/how they are resp. for garth having a tour..

talks about the anthology and the covers, how they used no fences cover for first, the pic for the live version that they did (TIGB2) and he mentions about the spines of the anthologies will ‘do their thing’, and how the next one will prob. have the red white, and blue stuff from garth picture wise (he was mumbling just a bit)

Kathy from the ‘Poconos of Pennsylvania’ (garth seemed to know her)

“ MY question is this- will you be doing another residency in Vegas? I certainly hope so”

- I will tell you residency in Vegas was one of the greatest times I ever got to play, go anywhere you wanted to through the night- crowd kinda told you where they wanted to go and you followed them. I’lll tell you Vegas was sweet, but if I got to sit there and see what I really wanted to explore, I’d probably want to explore the Ryman right here. I’d want to do a residency there. they focus so much on traditional country music, what I was raised on and what I believe the town was raised on,

tries to talk some about the tour, mentions there will be pro and college stadiums, and talks about spacing the cities out (but grins about how that might be a hint right there as to where they’re going)

Mark Pritts (twitter)

Thank you for an amazing show at ND. MY family and I had a fantastic time. TY’s tailgate was awesome. Now from one father to another I think you for giving out 4th daughter not only an amazing first concert but a moment she will never forger when you were doing your encore and leaned down and waved to her. She wants to give you her little guitar and hug your for that attention you gave her. Her mom saw her first show that day as well, and to see her pure excitement and joy filled my heart. My moment was singing the dance with my daughter and seeing it to heaven fro my dad to hear. So my question is what’s your favorite moment with your children like that? God less you garth for all the dreams you make come true.

- my moment with my children is something that I hope sticks with them and then comes back with them. usually as a dad, it’s the things you enjoyed with your dad, that’s the cool part. Any chance to get to tell Alie Colleen what her grandmother was like because that’s who she’s named after. Taylor’s in love with her Green Grandpa (?) so that was my dad, she still has his truck, so all that stuff, and then little Augie (little Augie, they’re all out of college now, but my moments wit the girls are the ones that just make them happy, that’s what is is, there is nothing better than seeing your child smile, and laugh uncontrollably. so, those are my favorite memories…

When August got married we danced to the goofy movie, theres a song in there called nobody else but you, and uh, it’s pretty good and then we danced to how do I live by Trisha.

Lori

“ my question is, we were there Saturday night, and I was wondering what did it sound like to you, on the stage, compared to, say an arena. ?”

talks about the sound, how he thought it would go up , but at the soundcheck (says there are 3000 there- I’ve heard 4000) and how loud it was.. if you multiply that out to 85000 people… :It was just stupid, it … turns the discussion to the ‘fan mix’ of triple live. .. then talks about ND and how his microphone is picking up the crowd so well, that it was so loud, it was fabulous, so the math works out. Let’s say that Grand Rapids, 15000 people, this was 85000 people so that’s what, about 6 times as much , that’s how it sounded, it’s fabulous, and you guys know every word, you know every word of all day long, of uh, ask me how I know (he did not play that at ND), you know the new stuff and the old stuff, and for an artist, that’s the biggest compliment you can get. that’s great..

talks a bit about Grand Rapids…

Good byes..

says “pray for Pittsburgh”. “pray for all of us”..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Scott, I think the red, white and blue thing he was talking about was the cover photo from The Hits.

Studio G will be about the stadium tour, the tv special on dec 2nd and maybe a bit about the live anthology.

Then again I could be completely wrong.

Strange studio G, he talked for 21 minutes, a lot about trisha, but didnt give a lot of new information.

Oklahoma will get a stop, but not for a long time.

Inside Studio G Recap

Inside Studio G clocks in at 21:50 this week

opens with the clip shown earlier on youtube, of Garth talking about Freddie Mercury and Queen

“we were both insecure as hell, and through the music, found our courage”… That quote- LOVE that quote..

welcomes people in…

“a lot in a short time”

supposed to be short and compact because of a CMA dinner that he has to run to (I hope lol that it’s not a black tie dinner, or that he has the time to change cause it looks like he kinda just came in from the field(s) as it were

talking about the big 3, then went to talk about bohemian rhapsody.. Garth’s last movie he saw was a star is born, so the next one has to be Bohemian Rhapsody (Samantha has already seen it..)

thanks Tammy Sherman, his HS sweetheart for getting him tickets to see Queen, it changed his life.

The Big 3 (or Coming next)

1) Stadium Tour (and CBS special)

2) Trisha’s Tease

3) CMA Awards

Ask Garths are now just going to be a part of the show, not a category…

STADIUM TOUR / CBS SPECIAL

showing a screen of the ND special from CBS.. I THINK I SEE MYSELF!! (not at all really, it’s a helicopter shot.. my seats however, I can see the area at least where I was)

releasing the ad for St. Louis and Glendale.. both go on sale the same day.. had to show very first pieces of ND show footage.. for the commercials

going to instagram, you can see the garth commercial for St. Louis, showing some ND footage

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp0TyMLgmEK/

first frames of cbs special are amazing, he says sometimes you see the weather, sometimes you don’t, but the people are acting like it was all fantastic (and it was!)

both dates (Glendale and St. Louis) go on sale a week from this Friday. Ticketmaster… 2 dates.. same area (ticketmaster.com/garthbrooks I think) … hope doesn’t crash the servers at all

someone asked about advice for halftime dancers… “just go out and have fun”

*** Ask Garth***

Melissa (twitter)

“Hey @garthbrooks, @trishaYearwood is teasing us. Can she take over Studio G tonight and make it inside Studio T so she can explain herself? pretty please?”

- Hell no, she can’t. you know what, my wife is a victim of the guy who’s holding the camera right now (hashtag? laughs)

something about revealing something the way they are, they can’t do it yet, it was his idea (a TY thing)

talking about how something was on instagram and piece by piece it came together and became (shows the picture circulating today of TY in a hat, and what looks like a half taken off shirt and untied tie..)

- Oh I know what that is.. has she announced it yet? oh I can’t? is there any hints we can (gives a sly look) Is anybody guessing?

The hashtag for this was #LBF

people trying to guess. garth says he has ‘no idea’ except that one of the guesses hashtag mentioned was ’66 2/3% right’

fawning over ty’s picture. that’s how she looks to him 24/7. so beautiful, so beautiful.

she started at 9, then 12, then 3..

- her people that follow her have been asking for years for something to come out, this is cool..

TY’s watching, and wrote in saying “#LBF”

(hashtag mentions she also put #lovebrooksforever)

*** Ask Garth***

Josh (twitter)

“ We are very happy to see your name on the roster for the CMA’s. Are you going to perform the song that you wrote for Ms. Yearwood? Looking forward to seeing what you deliver. Love you pal”

- ok let’s get this straight. I didn’t write it. I would not be talking this song up this much if I wrote it. And the two guys that wrote it? just regular guys. So just sometimes, what is it uh, what’s the song 16th avenue it says (mentions a lyric..) And I know these two guys, they’re just regular guys. they were having all kinds of help from somebody, because it’s the most beautiful thing Iv’e ever heard, for uh, a female, for someone that you love, and of course I can’t help but think of ms Yearwood so I’m calling it Trisha’s song, I didn’t have anything to do with writing it. talks about the CMA performer pic that has been posted, mentions ‘good airbrushing too!’

the CMA’s are always looking for big moments and (mentions name of someone) knows that sometimes the big moments are when everything gets small, so this is going to be very intimate, let’s just start taking fivers right now, they’re farm bets, fivers aren’t real, they’re usually replaced with taco bell, we’ll take fivers to see if I get through this without crying. I took fivers on my daughter’s wedding, which I actually cleaned up on, so we’ll take some fivers on this one, whether I cry or not, during this performance cause it’s going to be just for the queen, so it’ll be good. The Queen still hasn’t heard it, nobody’s heard it. So the first time she’ll hear it, the first time anybody’ll hear it, will be that night. live, on the CMA’s.

she’s a little worried, she said ‘should I bring my kleenex? I said eh, I don’t know, we’ll see how it works , but I think what the plan is, is to do it live that night, and then I think that it goes to Country Radio, they very next day. I think. (Hashtag and Samantha are going nuts in background- how do they not know this already?)

thats how it should be, live, then to country radio, and if you’re a streaming fan, I think that amazon should probably have something up uh, pretty quick too.

(hashtag asks, are we going to know the name of it before? ) “no.” (and he smiles)

Well, let’s put it this way.. S T M. There oyu go.. how’s that? The queen, if you’re watching, that was a tip of the hat.

*** Ask Garth***

Katie and Shantee (?)
    “we know that you and Trisha are getting ready to do your own separate things, and you guys have a lot of duets that you have sang together, people like us would love to hear those live for the very first time, and people who HAVE heard those live, would love to hear them live again. So we were wondering if you guys have every thought about doing a one shot, one night only duet concert please no! because I know that’s something that we would love to see happen, we know that there’s a lot of us out there, that will miss seeing you guys perform regular live together, we love you both and if you need help with the setlist let us know, bye!”

- garth’s kinda flummoxed.. “that’s a good question” (hashtag responds, “that’s a great idea”). Trisha’s watching? Trisha, we’ve always talked abotu doing a duet record. What if the first duet record is a LIVE duet record? Theres’ what we need to do, So let’s do a duet LIVE record, release singles from there, if country radio’s interested, and uh, that’s what we’ll do.. And you know what? Someone (points to 2 girls on the monitor) should get front row tickets to that, don’t you think?

garth panics JUST a little bit when Hashtag asks him if he’s talked to TY about this? “no no .. I’m talking to her right now “

- let me check with her and see, but I think that’s a great idea, that’s fabulous, that’s nice. Great idea!..

*** Ask Garth***

Jill (twitter)

“ I’m on vacation, and I couldn’t resist. I could do this beach thing #alldaylong (and she shows a picture of her having written in the sand “Love One Another””

(Samantha says Ok, Trisha responded…. she said “I’m In!”_) Garth raises his hands..

they are totally blown away by the idea of a live duet concert.

*** Ask Garth***

Nicole from Lawton, Oklahoma

The question video craps out, so Samantha has the question. She’s wondering if your’e going to do a stadium tour stop at Oklahoma university or OSU

- Oh, Oh. so, YEs…. No.. Sorry Nicole, Oklahoma, it’s kinda an odd thing. OSU that’s my place, i bleed orange, there my guys. We played Oklahoma with Toby’s tornado relief show,

OSU’s built kinda the opposite of how you need it build to do. So the best place to take this stadium tour, with the design, oddly enough, is Tulsa. where the hurricanes play. But the problem is ,and I get it, it’s like Lincoln, those guys, the athletics guys, they don’t want that big ass stage out there on their field, afraid of what it’s going to do to it, so I totally get it. Where we’re playing yet I do not know I’m calling BS on that one but I will tell you this, I will promise you, you can’t do a garth brooks stadium tour without coming to Oklahoma, I think I have an idea, but it’s way too soon to mention it, but it’s a cool idea! I am working on that, so great question!

*** Ask Garth***

Kate (twitter)
    “What happened to Anthology Part 2?” ARE YOU SERIOUS???? WHAT A BONEHEADED QUESTION TO LET THROUGH, ONE THAT GARTH HAS ANSWERED ON MULTIPLE OCCASIONS!!!

garth even acknowledges this… “I get this a lot”

- Part 1 was the first 5 years. Part 2 is going to be the next shift, so probably from 1996 until up into 2001 and the retirement, the thing is, triple live was coming to an end straight off the tour, so we just went straight into triple live, so anthology 2 is coming, a little bit later, but just like many things in our lives today, the sequels, 1 2 3 4 5 6, doesn’t mean it has to come out like that. 2 is coming, and it’s a beautiful piece, I love it because it’s my favorite part, because this is when the kids start hitting life and all of a sudden you realize what you were put down here to do, and so uh, it’s a very warm part of the anthology series I love part 2 but its coming… great question NO IT ISN’T ( the question- it’s not great)

*** Ask Garth***

Debs (twitter)

“ You mentioned the G flag at Tacoma Dome last ISG. This was such a beautiful sight to wake up to every morning. Heck, I’d proudly put one on my front lawn if my hubby would allow it!”

- debs husband, come on man, lighten up! (said w/ a smile). talks about the G flag being like a pirate flag but they fly it at places that they play now, andI gotta tell you that was one of the coolest things ever, was walking into the dome, finding the building manager, and just saying thank you..

*** Ask Garth***

Kristina (twitter)

“ So if the stadium tour is going to be more “retro” does that mean there will be “flying” involved? I can cross that off my bucket list if I could see that.”

- Oh hell no, no flying involved, Can I cross that of my bucket list if I could see that.. NO.. Retro.. no but there’ll be a lot of stuff (grabs copy of anthology) so we’re talking about the anthology, the live, I love it. So when we talk about live, there will be some retro stuff in there, I can’t imagine what MIGHT be retro about it, but I’m sure if, if, I don’t know , you never know, right? so its anthology live, don’t forget that, but yeah I could figure out what its’ going to be, but its’ going to be all the good things. It will be from start to finish, if that gives you any hint at all.

talks about TY coffee talk, and new season this week, and whether she’s revealing it this week, and she had so much fun on new season, etc.

Goodbyes..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

LBF= Let's Be Frank- Trisha is part of a Frank Sinatra tribute that will air later this year.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    LBF= Let's Be Frank- Trisha is part of a Frank Sinatra tribute that will air later this year.
    Where did you find this Info?
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    Where did you find this Info?
    good question, though it does fit the image that she put out this week, that garth talked about on ISG.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

TY was quoted in a Vanity Fair article last year as being attached to the project; Rolling Stone also did an article, quoting the VF (yes I'm old and read RS). The style certainly fits FS circa the 1960s.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by BLL View Post
    TY was quoted in a Vanity Fair article last year as being attached to the project; Rolling Stone also did an article, quoting the VF (yes I'm old and read RS). The style certainly fits FS circa the 1960s.
    Only thing I can find is from 2015 where she and Garth where apart of a Sinatra tribute concert on CBS
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Tomorrow's Studio G will probably be about, Trisha's new album, the CMA's, the onsale of tickets for his first two stadiums, and the
    usual askgarth.

I also think the format of Studio G will change next year, nothing bad about Studio G, I just think the format has run its course, also
    I dont see Studio G being a weekly thing in 2019, maybe every second week.

Inside Studio G next week will be 1 hour earlier- and all about the anthology- Garth will be randomly signing some of them that are ordered on the site.. anyway.. on to the recap

Inside Studio G Recap

Tonight’s Inside Studio G clocks in at 25:34

Welcomes people in

talks about veterans day

(holding on to the anthology)

there’s a lot to talk about this week

this week

CMA Awards

Stadium tour on sale

Anthology Pt 3

———————————————————————————————————————————

Live anthology comes out next Tuesday

CMA’s

He’s never been on CMA’s when he wasn’t nominated, so he’s happy- easy to be there

sing for Trisha

Sing a song w/ just him and his guitar.

talking about the rehearsal , singing to a stand in, and crying

Ask Garth
    Tiina (Twitter)

“How excited are you for the CMA’s and getting to sing to your queen? It must be awesome and scary at the same time. . Love from Finland… what a pathetic question to put out first honestly. not REALLY even a question, and just a begging/lead in to talk about the CMA’s and TY.. Seriously? and Tiina.. come on, you’re a European fan of Garth- why not ask about the touring overseas, and quiet down some of the hubbub?

- Amen, but that’s what it kinda is always… So if you’re doing your own stuff or whatever, it’s the CMA’s so you’re always kinda scared, and ….

you want to get in there, you want to represent yourself, represent country music… At the same time you hope that the love of your life hears the song the same way you heard it the first time you heard it. If I do my job hopefully that will happen.

… People are making bets, and Garth’s coming up as the one who will cry first

Samantha reads something from a fan : “ Mr Yearwood- (garth grins).. Release the song your’e singing for Trisha on the CMAs as a single on the Garth channel after the show.

(mumbles something album wise..)

- so the album, we’re going to wait a while to release, but the Triple Live is in the anthology, so yeah, once the anthology gets out, we’ll release the, we’ll start taking off the double live stuff and start replacing it with Triple live, , unless there’s something on double live that’s not on triple live which I think there are, so there’ll be some things that are left, so, i’m telling you for triple live get ready for an Ashley McBride song, she does a song called ‘girl going nowhere’ for us it’s guy going nowhere, And get ready, the city of Spokane? I think it might be my favorite moment on the triple live record, in the anthology, it was a , just a beautiful moment that happened, where I broke two rules, one was I swore I’d never do anything from housecleaning, we talked here that would never make the live record, and the second is, it’s a song that you’ve never heard before and it was just meant for, in fact somebody requested it at Notre Dame Yes they did- I remember that moment! So, yeah it’s a great song and Ms Ashley McBride, is a great talent.

Stadium tour

Ask Garth
    Michelle from Wisconsin

(talking about coming to see him in ND, and hoping to come to Glendale … “So I have two questions for you tonight. The first being, is Trisha planning on having any more tailgates before your concerts in 2019? DID YOU NOT ASEE ANYTHING HE’S SAID ABOUT HER DOING HER OWN TOUR??? SERIOUSLY??? and second of all, I know you have said that the stage setup for your stadium tour will be similar to but a little different than what you had set up for Notre Dame. Can you give us any more insight on stage setup and/or design before tickets go on sale this Friday? “

- Is there going to be a Trisha Tailgate at Phoenix? Mandy can we say? is there going to be a Trisha tailgate before phoenix? Yeah there is! If I have my way, it’ll be the whole tour, because Truth is after Notre Dame, and tell me if people start feeding back about this, it was such a success at Notre Dame, they started labeling “oh, and her husband has a show after this… (talks about the tailgate for a bit). And the second question was, how is the stage going to differ, let me tell just tell you what goes through your head here, you’re playing your show, you’re singing along with everybody, but at the same time you’re going wow, I’ve to to this side of the stadium… when you play in the middle of the stadium you never get to play for more than 50%, so it seems like everything becomes into pieces instead of one.. you guys were fabulous, it didn’t matter where , you guys were great. for me? I’m not a multi-tasker, so I kinda need to take that stage now and move it down that football field where at some point, so that you have a mass, a bigger percentage, that you call home base, and you kind a move around from there. so it’s coming, but it’s not anything like the star at all, and you’ll just have to wait to see that first one , but can I tell you that everything that’s shaping up, everything that’s starting to fall into place, this is going to be, I’ll tell you right now ,its goin to be the tour of a lifetime for me. This’ll be the biggest and baddest one, and there won’t be one in the future that’s cooler than this one everything’ working really well for this one for a lot of reason that well, we can’t discuss today, but we will as the tour gets closer.

(talks about the on sale a bit..) the radio station guys are in town…

Ask Garth
    Matthew (Twitter)

“As mentioned on Inside Studio G many times, the next concert will be “retro”. Does that mean we get to see two Takamine guitars smash together? man these are lame ask garth questions this week

- Oh hell, no. nah, everybody’s been talking about that, it’s funny, cause when it happened all you got was bad mail and since you haven’t done it since, all you’ve gotten is mail saying can we see it again? It’s like I got it, in this stack of letters like this high about how bad it was to smash it like that, it said you ever think about just giving the guitars away, so maybe somebody will be able to do what you do, in the future? so I got with Takamine, and said hey what would you think about this, and they said hey, just start handing em out, so every now and then, when it just feels right, the guitar just disappears into the crowd, but no more smash.. whats’ this ? (looks at the #tyengland part along with #thereturn) oooh,, somebody might know something eh? well the hint was kinda subtle last week,

So, we’ve got the on-sale coming up, and, do you want to talk abut tickets? hashtag talks about how the on-sale for St Louis is at 10am central time, and phoenix is 10am mountain time, both on Friday. suggesting people get in the waiting room queue an hour before the on sale time ..

ok let’s talk about the waiting room. There’s an hour before the on sale where the waiting room opens… getting there 30s after it opens does not get you a better seat than getting there 30s before the on sale starts, what it does is get you in there, get your time to get registered, if you haven’t registered, and just kinda get you ready for it, so the fact that you’re in there before somebody else doesn’t meant anything because once the clock hits, everything’s just randomly selected, out of there, so uh just to make sure, you guys spend so much time, you go through so much **** just to come see these concerts, i want it to be a good experience when the tickets go on sale, so do whats good for you, if you fell like getting there early good, if you say you don’t have the time for it I totally understand it and the on sale’s at 10am central for St Louis and 10am mountain, which is an hour later, for Glendale, or phoenix, however you want too look at it, where the cardinals (mumbles)

now as for backstage passes? Id on’t know , I’m sure your local country radio station knows all about those…

Ask Garth
    David (don’t know where from)

so I’ve been singing along with your for many years,.. talks about first show he saw was back in Denver at the Pepsi Center (gets an “ahh” from Garth.. I WAS AT THAT SERIES OF SHOwS! great shows.. only saw one, but had a chance to see another and didn’t get to it (garth pauses it- and realizes they’ll have to go back to beginning of question).

- He said he’s never seen anything like it? I get this a lot, and it’s nothing about us, it’s about the crowd. If you’ve never seen a Garth Brooks show I’m asking you to come not for me, I’m asking you to come to watch this crowd. (talking about seeing ht first frames of CBS special, saw it last Friday, he’s shocked about how beautiful it is, about how cold it was, trying to keep everything together in his head as they were going, what happened that night even I have no idea, it was so beautiful and it was so beautifully shot, there’s this shot where it comes from touchdown Jesus, comes around over the lip of the stadium and just in time for 85000 lights in the river, lights in the river well he DID have us re do that part… and I about fell out of my chair, it’s gorgeous. so what he’s talking about, is what the crowd does. People go Yeah Iv’e never seen anything like it, when people use that phrase, what I’ve known, what Iv’e seen when people come to our concerts, what they’ve never seen anything like,, is how the crowd doest their thing, and you’re going to see that exact phenomenon happen in Notre Dame with 85000 people , on cbs when is that, December 2nd? ( GARTH HOW CAN YOU KEEP FORGETTING THE SPECIAL DATE UNLESS IT’S PURPOSEFUL SO YOU CAN SAY THE DATE ON THE SHOW?)

“I guess my question to you, is how did you know what you wanted to do, were you confident in the stuff you were doing, I like doing voice acting stuff. /(mumbles some). where do you get the confidence, to do the things that you get to do..

- great question, what give you the confidence to do what you do.. you know in voice acting, whenever you do it, and that thing inside of you is just on fire, and you’re having a wonderful time, and you just feel like flying? that’s what gives you the confidence to do it, Um. Try to remember when I started out, you start out doing covers, so, if you can’t gain confidence playing the greatest songs on the planet… that’s a wonderful thing, but where it gets scary, is where .. we started this thing back in Stillwater called the ‘worthless originals’, and you’d throw in one, out of every hundred songs that you were playing ,that was yours, and to see the crowd, not leave the dance floor? see them stay out there and dance? it’s a beautiful thing, and to see people react, to your stuff? the way they react to the stuff you’re covering, that’s a wonderful thing- GREAT question..

*** won’t say anything but just about yelled!! (and its’ about 1125 pm here) he mentions (like I’m sure he would.. but his face said the joy was honest..*** “There’s no Garth Brooks stadium tour without Denver, it’s one of the greatest markets on the planet… (GARTH— COME TO BRONCOS STADIUM AT MILE HIGH.. THERE ARE 80-100k people who would love to come sing and be with you and see the show!! (and HECK YEAH THAT INCLUdES ME!!!!!

talks about wanting to have a watch party on 12/2 for the special, then a live tweeting?? They’ll find some way to communicate. They’re going to do an ISG before it, and may just hang on and watch it with people,

Ask Garth
    [bJackie (Twitter)[/b]

“I know you aren’t a fan of tattoos gotta wonder how he truly feels about Alie Colleen’s tats then but I had to get your autograph tattooed for my 40th birthday today. your’e my long time idol!”

Ask Garth
    Fellidd (Twitter)

“Just wondering Garth, most of us know your mum was a singer. have you ever thought about releasing some duets with her music at all like Natalie Cole did with her dad? Thank you for the soundtrack of our lives love from Australia” another chance not taken to ask about coming overseas to tour

- great question- would love to, oddly enough right now we’re pulling all the stuff from Oklahoma in, uh, that we didn’t get to because of the world tour and how we’re starting to unpack em, and they actually brought me three more tracks of my mom that I’d never heard the other night. so, it was, it was wonderful, and the cool thing was, Ms. Yearwood was listening too, and in the middle of, unchained melody? and I’m sitting there just staring at the table, listening to a song I’d not heard her do, and Ms Yearwood, she didn’t mean to , but she just starts singing harmony, and all of a sudden there’s my mom and the love of my life singing together in the same room, that was beautiful (Garth was tearing up a bit …)

Ask Garth
    Sarah (Twitter)

“Loved the promo video for The Stadium Tour! We were glad to be part of it, and it’s making us super excited for #Garthatstlouis! How will the new stage compare to the ND stage and will your entrance be the same?” FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THA’TS HOLY….. IS IT THAT YOU’RE NOT A DIE HARD FAN, OR DO YOU NOT PAY ATTENTION SARAH? GARTH HAS TALKD ABOUT THE STAGE MULTIPLE TIMES. GARTH’S ENTRANCE? IT SHOULD/BETTER BE DIFFERENT CAUSE THERE WAS NO SPECIAL ENTRANCE AT ND REALLY AT ALL…. People- ask smarter questions please!

- (Garth gives a weird look to the camera)… just the new stage, I can’t say it enough [b]even he knows he’s answered this before[b] but its’ just right. it’s perfect, and its everything that we want it to be, and it’s going to be able to be seen from everywhere, and it’s going to make everything one, so I just think that, just think that the location of the stage is the missing piece for this and it’s just all sorta fallen into place and it’s pretty cool, cause at Notre Dame, you know, you’re freeing your butt off, and you’re trying to find where the camera s are, because they were shooting all of this, and at the same time you can feel the grating in your feet, you can feel if it’s going the wrong way, and.. but the big thing was just how much we were one, at one point. and uh at ND you had to work, to get that to happen, the people were great but as an entertainer you had to work, but the new stage.. you’re not gonna have to work at all, man. This is going to be like eating ice cream, all day long, So the new stage compared to the old one. For me it’s going to be a million times different, but it’s going to be really cool, and the location, it’s going to allow you to do the in the round thing, it’s just gonna get a lot more personal. And here’s the big one. Will the entrance be the same? No. Yes… No… Yes… no.. it’s like I tell my wife. You may not like the answer, but it’s the truth.

talking about St Louis and if its’ still gonna be “Gameday”, and the colors, etc Garth mentions the cardinals and the blues, being red, white, and blue.. forgets the rams who were in St Louis for a long time too.. shame…

can wear the stickers of their team, they’ll do either the blues, or the cardinals, it’ll be fun, that’s a great question…

there’ll be a tailgate going on, and inside a lot of music with opening acts … (ACTS? NOT ONE ACT??) INTERESTING..

And an entrance that’s the same, and not the same. I’m confused (looking slyly at camera)

Anthology

next week Studio G is an hour earlier because they’re in New York,

going to use website to move the anthology.. www.garthbrooks.com/live

ISG will be on both facebook AND Garthbrooks.com

if your’e there on time, you’ll pop up and there will be special things about the anthology because it’s the day before it’s released, but its gonna be on garthrbooks.com and that’s where they’re gonna get it? well we should do something different dont’cha think?

going to be personalizing some of em, signing some of them. (well, if you pre order there…) will post something earlier there with the link. next week talks about the anthology a lot- going to be using GB.com for ISG for the first time. will be looking at seeing what t hat looks like for us in the future (can you say they’re planning on moving the show to the garthbrooks.com site?)

Goodbyes…

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Tomorrow's Studio G will probably be about, Trisha's new album, the CMA's, the onsale of tickets for his first two stadiums, and the
    usual askgarth.

I also think the format of Studio G will change next year, nothing bad about Studio G, I just think the format has run its course, also
    I dont see Studio G being a weekly thing in 2019, maybe every second week.

ya got 2 right (no talk about TY's album at all) there was talk about the CMA's and the on sales, then the anthology..

the way Garth mentioned garthbrooks.com and "will be looking at seeing what t hat looks like for us in the future" , I'd be willing to wager that someone at least has thought about moving ISG to garthbrooks.com.. could be wrong.. heck he'd be good to have a YT channel with Inside Studio G stuff there but that will prob not happen.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    ya got 2 right (no talk about TY's album at all) there was talk about the CMA's and the on sales, then the anthology..

the way Garth mentioned garthbrooks.com and "will be looking at seeing what t hat looks like for us in the future" , I'd be willing to wager that someone at least has thought about moving ISG to garthbrooks.com.. could be wrong.. heck he'd be good to have a YT channel with Inside Studio G stuff there but that will prob not happen.
    Great write up once again. Yeah seems like Inside Studio G will move to Garth's website.

Oh nearly every week, I have sent in a question about Garth touring overseas, this week I worded it this way...

Any overseas Stadiums on your stadium tour? PS: New Zealand has Stadiums.

(ya cant get more direct than that! :-)

I'm not one to get into the personal business of celebrities, but did any of you notice that Garth didn't bring up Allie Colleen's wedding this week? Saw some pictures on her Instagram and I figured he was going to bring it up.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I'm not one to get into the personal business of celebrities, but did any of you notice that Garth didn't bring up Allie Colleen's wedding this week? Saw some pictures on her Instagram and I figured he was going to bring it up.
    hmm- she got married? maybe he was just being a dad, maybe he's being private, who knows .

didn't even know she'd been married, but then again I didn't ever check into it either.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Married and playing with Mitch in Nashville on Friday, too! No time for much of a honeymoon!

anyone think we may see Mitch Rossell (and perhaps Alie Colleen some) as opening acts on the stadium tour?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Allie no, Mitch probably. I think is just building up her own fan base now and wouldn't want to lose any focus or attention by dad, though it would be great exposure. It's probably going to be Mitch, Karen, and maybe Ashley...
    ... Could be Ty England opening too��

Allie got married a month ago; she only made the photos available yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread