+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Sounds freakin awesome, I actually love short shows, Hopefully people will have their cell phones ready and uploading to Social Media crazy!! :-)

Ive got a feeling the Houston show will be something special, should be entertaining for all!!!!

Wow what a lame question they took about the chores, kinda guessing questions such as "Will you pull your music from Amazon Prime in protest of them hosting NRA TV" or

"Will you boycott going back to the Wynn, until all sexual Harassment allegations are resolved" will never air on studiog.
    I bet they were screened

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I bet they were screened
    the live ask Garth's. ?

I'm certain of it... these questions all have to be screened.. the way nothing 'hard' or 'telling' or well, above the same old same old question types... lt certainly at least makes it look like things are all screened..
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

The other thing is he mentioned how they would be construction will be done on the recording studio and they will should be in their recording new sessions.

The “special” song Garth talked about playing in Houston was Fireman by George. It was a short set because of the rodeo restrictions. Opened with Rodeo of course. Only other song of note was he played Ask Me How I Know.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    The “special” song Garth talked about playing in Houston was Fireman by George. It was a short set because of the rodeo restrictions. Opened with Rodeo of course. Only other song of note was he played Ask Me How I Know.
    George did become famous at the Houston Livestock Show so that makes sense. But special to all of us means something from Garth.

So I guess all that talk about big announcements coming in February was nothing but talk. Why am I not surprised?

I made an observation that may or may not be true. Based on the interactions Garth had with those who asked him questions in Houston, I don't think he is good at small talk. If he's not good at small talk, he would be prone to blurting out things that sound exciting that he didn't think about saying before and is deviating from what he actually plans on doing. Studio G is a form of small talk between him, hashtag, FB and Sirius. I think he's kind of doing that on the Ask Garth stuff. I would imagine having to always do small talk and keeping things at a superficial level as you are constantly meeting and talking to strangers would be exhausting.

It would be interested to get the perspective from others on here who have met him in person. I've known people who are great at public speaking and talking to large crowds, but are horrible at small talk. A lot of preachers and pastors are that way.
    Last edited by garthcop; 02-28-2018 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Had another thought to add

Well the Houston videos on youtube are gone, that was quiucker than normal. Also according to Twitter, theyre now counting albums and digital singles as one, Eminem is now number two with 152 Million
    sold, behind the beatles, although people are questioning this and still saying Garth is second behind the beatles.

Also according to Twitter, theyre now counting albums and digital singles as one, Eminem is now number two with 152 Million
    sold, behind the beatles, although people are questioning this and still saying Garth is second behind the beatles.
    I don’t know who “they” are, but the official RIAA website has it where you can search by albums or singles, but it is NOT combined on their site. I wouldn’t be surprised if that does happen in the future but it isn’t officially listed that way now.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    It would be interested to get the perspective from others on here who have met him in person. I've known people who are great at public speaking and talking to large crowds, but are horrible at small talk. A lot of preachers and pastors are that way.
    I have met him multiple times and a couple of those were where we spent a significant amount of time with him. I thought he was great with small talk. One of my most memorable conversations with him was him talking about The Beatles & The Rolling Stones and the legacies they had created.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I think he probably gets excited about things and just speaks too soon. In one sense it is cool to get a tidbit of info, but in another sense it drives me nuts because it feels like I’m being strung along.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I have met him multiple times and a couple of those were where we spent a significant amount of time with him. I thought he was great with small talk. One of my most memorable conversations with him was him talking about The Beatles & The Rolling Stones and the legacies they had created.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I think he probably gets excited about things and just speaks too soon. In one sense it is cool to get a tidbit of info, but in another sense it drives me nuts because it feels like I’m being strung along.
    Cool. Thanks for the insight.

So we come to another studio G.

I think the time is right for some upcoming tidbits!

Im always hopeful!

So we come to another studio G.

I think the time is right for some upcoming tidbits!

Im always hopeful!
    If we are lucky maybe someone will ask what his favorite song to play live is.

Or his favorite artist growing up!

deleted own post- sorry....
    Last edited by Skywise; 03-05-2018 at 01:23 PM. Reason: didn't feel great about what I'd posted

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    deleted own post- sorry....
    Aw, I wanted to know what you put.

I still have high hopes for today, I know it wont be any major announcement, but I do think we may get something small,
    that least will have people talking on these forums.

Aw, I wanted to know what you put.

I still have high hopes for today, I know it wont be any major announcement, but I do think we may get something small,
    that least will have people talking on these forums.
    sorry, just realized after posting it that it wasn't productive/constructive/good for the board.. I'm hoping for good news too- will have to see what happens though..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

sorry, just realized after posting it that it wasn't productive/constructive/good for the board.. I'm hoping for good news too- will have to see what happens though..
    Fair enough!! Yep I guess we will have to wait and see with what happens.

One thing's definitely certain, new music is being planned.

yep new music being planned, and NOTHING else really.. a 5min inside studio G that was 30m late... kinda meh this week

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So hes started recording the new album. Awesome!!!!

Two songs have been recorded!!!

At stage coach, he will announce his BIG announcement.

So that is also awesome.

Dont mind that studio G was a bit late, but guess what, it wasnt live. It was a recording.

As soon as at started, the time at the bottom counted down from 6.39, that wouldnt happen with a
    live recording.

Cant wait till stage coach now, that is when he announces. :-)

So around seven weeks to go.

I guess that means no big announcement for the next seven studio G's?
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 03-05-2018 at 08:53 PM.

kinda meh this week
    Uh they did say he was in the middle of working, so I don't know what the problem is?

So big announcement at Stagecoach, his kids are on their way so they're (him and Trisha) in a better place... He's always said this out touring so wonder would this be some kind of an international tour. It's wishful thinking on my part but somehow I'm not to sure anymore.

A lot of talk about Houston and the stage obviously. Makes me wonder, since it's at a (big) stadium, was this a test run for stadium concerts with that type of stage that rotates? I'm not convinced that is what he will be doing, but it would be a good test run if he is.

Actually never mind about my previous post. If he has just started recording for an album, this is going to be another November release so not a hope on an international tour... What I don't get is there was something said on Facebook and the person apparently had their sources that music was coming at the beginning of the year which would leave him free for an international tour for the second half of the year. Where do people find their information and plaster it all over facebook as if it's fact.

Garth’s VP of radio promo said we would have “exciting new music” in early 2018 in the year end Country Aircheck issue. Recording an album really doesn’t take that long if the songs are already written. I know that he has spent much of the last two months writing with some songs already held back for this album. I wouldn’t be surprised by a spring single release followed by a summer album release. At least that’s my hope.

P.s. Be careful for your ears sake but I turned the volume up and put earbuds in and could barely hear some of the tempo of the song being recorded in the background. Sounded mid to up tempo.

He said the major announcement will come during stagecoach.

so we have seven weeks to guess.

so in terms of product we have....

The Live anthology.
    The Live Album
    A New album.

Im guessing the live album will come first?

He said the major announcement will come during stagecoach.

so we have seven weeks to guess.
    Not trying to be funny or sarcastic here. I just hope the actual announcement comes then. It was first hinted the live album was coming towards the end of last year. That came and went and we were told in December we’d hear about what was coming in February. Now last night we were told we MIGHT find out at Stagecoach which is at the end of April. This has literally been dragging on since last summer.

I’m just hoping he wasn’t in the studio last night recording the live album.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Not trying to be funny or sarcastic here. I just hope the actual announcement comes then. It was first hinted the live album was coming towards the end of last year. That came and went and we were told in December we’d hear about what was coming in February. Now last night we were told we MIGHT find out at Stagecoach which is at the end of April. This has literally been dragging on since last summer.

I’m just hoping he wasn’t in the studio last night recording the live album.
    Seven weeks is a long time to wait, but what are we going to do? If stage coach comes and
    goes though, and if there is no statement, or if he says "we are still in talks" I will never trust
    anything he says again.

Thing is, if hes ready to make the announcement at stage coach, im Guessing the I's have been dotted and the T's
    have been crossed, and what ever the announcement is, he wants to make it at this particular event.

+ Reply to Thread