+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    So nothing different if it's just links.
    I think it has to be more than just links to Ticketmaster, or whatever ticketing site, to buy tickets. If not he really is over hyping things. (Which wouldn't be the first time that has happened.)
    Last edited by rhd13; 02-13-2018 at 12:48 PM.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    So I guess Garth said on Studio G that "Cold Like That" will be on the live album? Interesting. As far as I know he only ever played it live one time and that was at the surprise/secret CRS show a couple of years ago in Nashville.

So it appears that we are going to get "Cold Like That", "Fishin' In The Dark" and possibly even "Tacoma" on the live album. I have mixed feelings about this. For one, I am absolutely THRILLED that it appears we are getting something different on Triple Live (if that is what it's actually called) than the same 20 or so songs that I expected. That part is really cool. I'd be lying though if I said it doesn't seem weird that he did several songs only once, or a handful of times, in order to record them for a live album. Seems to me if you are going to go to the trouble of learning a song to play live that you could actually throw it in the setlist every now and then. I don't know. Feels kind of disingenuous to perform a song live once and throw it on a live album.
    Hmm.. having not seen Inside Studio G yet I do need to take this with a grain of salt (no offense Ryan, not that I don't believe you- just hat I have to hear it for myself)..

BUT.. based on what you've posted here... I also have a mixed reaction.. on one hand- thrilled, thrilled, THRILLED to hear a live version of Cold Like That.. especially if it's from an actual show and not the "secret" CRS show you talked about.. Fishin in the dark? eh... begs into rehash territory- not that I don't like Garths version... but NGDB's is better IMO.. not a needed track.. Tacoma? plainly will have come I bet from the Seattle area show(s), as its gonna garner the loudest response there... much the same way that hopefully, Much Too young would have been taken from a Denver show (one of the 9) as it was a huge response there...

I'm still nervous we'll get another "lie" of a live album/manipulation... or a rehashing again of his hits....
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I went to 5 of his shows in 4 different cities on this tour. Nothing was different from the 90s as far as song selection with the exception of the two singles released from Gunslinger. He did play Whiskey and Wine a couple of times in the house keeping portion of the show with Trisha. So maybe that will be on there. Maybe (fingers crossed) it will have a lot of stuff from the house keeping portion of the show. He knows how much everyone likes it according to what he says on Studio Go.

You know what I'd like to see, I'd like one of us to ask Garth on his opinion with Best Buy shutting down CD sales.

There's still Target and Walmart but I think it's a matter of time before they stop as well.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    You know what I'd like to see, I'd like one of us to ask Garth on his opinion with Best Buy shutting down CD sales.
    Honestly this is probably why he started bundling CDs with books. We all knew this was coming.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I am looking forward to hearing the live version of Cold Like That that he said will be on the live album. Did anyone here ever hear him perform it in concert? I know I never did.
    Very interesting. I actually asked him about "Cold Like That" and why he never put it in his show when I had the amazing opportunity to meet him at his recent Bluebird appearance. I used to be an usher at Scottrade Center in St. Louis and he was sound checking it before his Saturday night concert. I was lucky enough to be working the floor so I was able to see it. I mentioned this to him and he said that it may be on the Live album. Like everyone else, I went to 7 cities and 13 shows and never heard him perform it.

Quote Originally Posted by STLGarth View Post
    Very interesting. I actually asked him about "Cold Like That" and why he never put it in his show when I had the amazing opportunity to meet him at his recent Bluebird appearance. I used to be an usher at Scottrade Center in St. Louis and he was sound checking it before his Saturday night concert. I was lucky enough to be working the floor so I was able to see it. I mentioned this to him and he said that it may be on the Live album. Like everyone else, I went to 7 cities and 13 shows and never heard him perform it.
    You got to meet him and talk to him like that. So cool!

Quote Originally Posted by STLGarth View Post
    I thought he performed it once for an awards show... I swear remember watching something where he sang it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I thought he performed it once for an awards show... I swear remember watching something where he sang it.
    I dont' think he did at an awards show (that I know, I could be wrong) but I know he performed it live at the CRS meeting a year or so ago.. I think that's the performance he mentioned on this weeks episode..

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Is their a studio G this week? Isnt this monday a holiday for Americans?

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Is their a studio G this week? Isnt this monday a holiday for Americans?
    I believe Garth said that he wasn't having an inside studio G tomorrow , I think due to prepping for Houston

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

It is President's Day, I believe.

that it is..

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    It is President's Day, I believe.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Heck No Studio G. :-(
    Im guessing the one the week after will be about the Houston Rodeo.

Thought he said something about no studio g in the studio but will have some in Houston.

I ordered stuff from the GB store and it would've came today if not for the holiday, so I'm really bummed out this morning...

No studio g tonight, Garth's twitter team just sent out a reminder.

I think they've been creeping on us! lol

Creep away, I love you Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Thought he said something about no studio g in the studio but will have some in Houston.
    That is what he said. Guess he changed his mind

Im guessing it will be All about Houston.

Damn probably going to miss studio G tonight, I hope ya all will let me know if there is any exciting announcements. :-)

Or if he says there is an annoucement coming up in the next few weeks.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 02-26-2018 at 06:30 PM.

ok, the show just ended, and the live Ask Garth's are interesting concept wise.. (also, the look at the stage for houston is cool!) but Man, the questions? Where do they find some of these brain dead people? I'm sorry, I don't want to seem negative but..

"when you are not touring, what's the one thing you like to do at home"

"When you are at home, what's the one chore you avoid doing"

Seriously? not even qualifying as a softball question it's so 'soft'... geeze

BUT... it's still kinda cool to see some of the details about the show tomorrow night....

sound was JUST a bit scratchy but it was a mobile setup.. NOTHING as far as future stuff. it was def. all about Houston...

Talking to the astronauts and putting the one who sang the river on the spot.... (live singing for her w/ a guitar played by him).. kinda quirky- but cool as well
    Last edited by Skywise; 02-26-2018 at 07:30 PM.

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Oh so just about the Houston show. Did he say hes playing a full set? Is the Houston show going to be a different in some way?

Wow those studio G questions seem rather pathetic. I wonder if Garth has a input over the ones choosen and wants to give nothing away.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    ok, the show just ended, and the live Ask Garth's are interesting concept wise.. (also, the look at the stage for houston is cool!) but Man, the questions? Where do they find some of these brain dead people? I'm sorry, I don't want to seem negative but..

"when you are not touring, what's the one thing you like to do at home"

"When you are at home, what's the one chore you avoid doing"

Seriously? not even qualifying as a softball question it's so 'soft'... geeze

BUT... it's still kinda cool to see some of the details about the show tomorrow night....

sound was JUST a bit scratchy but it was a mobile setup.. NOTHING as far as future stuff. it was def. all about Houston...

Talking to the astronauts and putting the one who sang the river on the spot.... (live singing for her w/ a guitar played by him).. kinda quirky- but cool as well
    Seriously did someone actually ask, "What chore do you like doing the least at home"?????

Whats next, "Whats your favorite color?"

That’s exactly what was asked

(About the chore)

Re the show- a full set to a point, but there are time limits so it won’t be quite the same, lasting 2-3 hrs

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    That’s exactly what was asked

(About the chore)

Re the show- a full set to a point, but there are time limits so it won’t be quite the same, lasting 2-3 hrs
    Sounds freakin awesome, I actually love short shows, Hopefully people will have their cell phones ready and uploading to Social Media crazy!! :-)

Ive got a feeling the Houston show will be something special, should be entertaining for all!!!!

Wow what a lame question they took about the chores, kinda guessing questions such as "Will you pull your music from Amazon Prime in protest of them hosting NRA TV" or

"Will you boycott going back to the Wynn, until all sexual Harassment allegations are resolved" will never air on studiog.

He did say something along the lines of rehearsed something new, so I took that to mean a new song.

Wynn already stepped down and the needs to be a group fighting for second amendment rights. I do believe some of the NRA members go to the extreme, but that's another topic.

+ Reply to Thread