+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 593

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post

    We get it.. Garth didn't come to Europe or Australia on this tour.. I think he was severely bit in the pocketbook, the ego department, and had his feelings hurt (for lack of a better way to put it) by the debacle and snafu in Ireland.. that was a lot of bad press. Ireland I hate to say did it to themselves... (policies, etc..) the people are the ones put out by the event sure...

    RIP marc.. May your legacy live on
    First off...THANK YOU!!!

    Second, to comment on Marc, I want to leave a quote by Wade Bowen that might put things in perspective:

    Close Your Eyes and Hold On
    We're here, then we're gone
    Life goes just as quick as it came

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Beautiful Oregon..
    Posts
    4,942
    I for one, TRULY hopes that he gets overseas as soon as possible. You guys helped get him to where he is.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,029
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    I for one, TRULY hopes that he gets overseas as soon as possible. You guys helped get him to where he is.
    That is a statement I can get behind.. I hope it gets done.... (for multiple reasons ) but yeah the support (minus (if memory serves) that very awkward interaction with the English lady on her 'show') was amazing it seemed. I still remember 'trying to rope the world'... great special
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Tx.
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    That is a statement I can get behind.. I hope it gets done.... (for multiple reasons ) but yeah the support (minus (if memory serves) that very awkward interaction with the English lady on her 'show') was amazing it seemed. I still remember 'trying to rope the world'... great special
    I still have it recorded on VHS!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    749
    The lady that asked about a concert for her birthday in April was asking about his plans and asking him can he help her plan a trip to Europe/Australia to include him. She didn't just throw in random words e.g Europe/Australia into her ask garth.

    He's already mentioned a stadium tour. His time will be spent in America. He won't hardly spend more time outside his precious USA.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,029
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I still have it recorded on VHS!
    hehe I do too- though I won't play the VHS anymore, too old. I have it on DVD too... (maybe digital too I think- have to check)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,029
    Sorry to disappoint you- but you're wrong...

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    The lady that asked about a concert for her birthday in April was asking about his plans and asking him can he help her plan a trip to Europe/Australia to include him
    Not so.. her clip ran from 19:05 to 19:50 (approx) on the inside Studio g from last night

    her ask garth question started at 19:25. "My ask garth question is this... The last couple of years, my husband has taken me to see a Garth Brooks concert on my birthday in April... I'm wondering if we'll be able to continue this tradition in 2018" (19:36).. THAT's her question... there's nothing about "asking about his plans and asking him can he help her plan a trip to Europe/Australia to include him"..

    her comment that followed was

    "I've never been to Europe or Australia, so that would be cool. Just wondering if you could help us out with planning" (19:45 timestamp of show..).

    that comment was referring to her earlier question of if they'd be blue to continue that tradition.. (of going to a concert on her birthday in April..). her comment about Europe/Australia was not asking Garth about touring overseas...

    the 'wondering if you could help us out with planning' was referring to the earlier question of if they'd still be able to continue the tradition of going to an April concert... Garth's reply (at 19:53) of "StageCoach, I think, is in April" was an answer to that.....

    Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    She didn't just throw in random words e.g Europe/Australia into her ask garth.
    you're right.. they were't random words- they were a comment, not a question about touring.. she was saying "I've never been to...(Europe/australia) and that would be cool...) It was a wish, not a question...

    He's already mentioned a stadium tour. His time will be spent in America. He won't hardly spend more time outside his precious USA.
    Well, not gonna get into the truths or not of the stadium 'tour'... would the to check the mentions...

    as for his time being spent in America? It may... it may not... I hate to say it, but it's not the USA's fault that Ireland kinda crapped on the concerts, really. IT stinks.. I wish he'd go overseas.. he may... he may not.. no one knows... for certain
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Sorry to disappoint you- but you're wrong...



    Not so.. her clip ran from 19:05 to 19:50 (approx) on the inside Studio g from last night

    her ask garth question started at 19:25. "My ask garth question is this... The last couple of years, my husband has taken me to see a Garth Brooks concert on my birthday in April... I'm wondering if we'll be able to continue this tradition in 2018" (19:36).. THAT's her question... there's nothing about "asking about his plans and asking him can he help her plan a trip to Europe/Australia to include him"..

    her comment that followed was

    "I've never been to Europe or Australia, so that would be cool. Just wondering if you could help us out with planning" (19:45 timestamp of show..).

    that comment was referring to her earlier question of if they'd be blue to continue that tradition.. (of going to a concert on her birthday in April..). her comment about Europe/Australia was not asking Garth about touring overseas...

    the 'wondering if you could help us out with planning' was referring to the earlier question of if they'd still be able to continue the tradition of going to an April concert... Garth's reply (at 19:53) of "StageCoach, I think, is in April" was an answer to that.....

    you're right.. they were't random words- they were a comment, not a question about touring.. she was saying "I've never been to...(Europe/australia) and that would be cool...) It was a wish, not a question...


    Well, not gonna get into the truths or not of the stadium 'tour'... would the to check the mentions...

    as for his time being spent in America? It may... it may not... I hate to say it, but it's not the USA's fault that Ireland kinda crapped on the concerts, really. IT stinks.. I wish he'd go overseas.. he may... he may not.. no one knows... for certain
    Its been about year since Bob Doyle told a radio station in this part of the world, he will be back in touch with them shortly, he hasnt yet.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Tx.
    Posts
    739
    So any thoughts are what he said the next album will be like? It sounds like he is going for that live feeling again.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,029
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    So any thoughts are what he said the next album will be like? It sounds like he is going for that live feeling again.
    wishful thinking but I hope he eschews the overproduced, 'perfected' "live selections" approach..... embraces the possible imperfections that one gets with a truly live experience..

    I think really we'll end up with an updated "double live" though
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Just south of nowhere
    Posts
    1,573
    I thought he was talking about the new studio album just being about a good time and fun, like the live shows. I could've have misunderstood though. Hughes Net buffs something fierce sometimes:-(

  12. #42
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Tx.
    Posts
    739
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I thought he was talking about the new studio album just being about a good time and fun, like the live shows. I could've have misunderstood though. Hughes Net buffs something fierce sometimes:-(
    That's what I am talking about. I think it will be similar to Gunslinger. Hopefully he has some songs like the Today Tomorrow song he played on Studio G from the anthology. That was awesome!

  13. #43
    Today will be about the upcoming webpage?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Tx.
    Posts
    739
    Guess it will be next week Cool to see him honor the behind the scenes people though.

  15. #45
    didnt see inside studio G, what was said today?

  16. #46
    What I can tell you is that he invited a fan for dinner at his own house apparently (which I don't know if it will happen or not). But stupid me, I was in the middle of watching a movie and I missed it being broadcasted live.

  17. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    What I can tell you is that he invited a fan for dinner at his own house apparently (which I don't know if it will happen or not). But stupid me, I was in the middle of watching a movie and I missed it being broadcasted live.
    cool, lucky fan.

  18. #48
    The most interesting note for me was he mentioned in passing about recent meetings with streaming companies. He said it while talking about how loyal the country audience is. I wonder if “recent” means he’s back in talks with Apple and Spotify?

  19. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    The most interesting note for me was he mentioned in passing about recent meetings with streaming companies. He said it while talking about how loyal the country audience is. I wonder if “recent” means he’s back in talks with Apple and Spotify?
    http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/cop...50-1202679118/

    This might have something to do with Garth talking to streaming companies again.

  20. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by wimpy77 View Post
    http://variety.com/2018/biz/news/cop...50-1202679118/

    This might have something to do with Garth talking to streaming companies again.
    I'm gonna guess you hit the nail on the head. Interesting find.

  21. #51
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    7,029
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    What I can tell you is that he invited a fan for dinner at his own house apparently (which I don't know if it will happen or not). But stupid me, I was in the middle of watching a movie and I missed it being broadcasted live.
    that was rather cool to see... I had to turn it off, have to catch the last part of it myself.. (thank goodness for DL'ing !!)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  22. #52

  23. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Was there a stuido g today?
    Yes, cool video of him singing with Aldean and on Broadway. The only semi-interesting note was that the website will be a hub to get tickets for the next tour. Unclear if that meant moreso than just links to Ticketmaster or what.

  24. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    665
    Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Yes, cool video of him singing with Aldean and on Broadway. The only semi-interesting note was that the website will be a hub to get tickets for the next tour. Unclear if that meant moreso than just links to Ticketmaster or what.
    I did not hear Studio G, but if what you're saying is true, my interpretation is that it could mean a couple of things. Either he is planning on going into the Ticket selling business, which seems unlikely. If he's talking about next year's supposed College Stadium tour, in which case his website could be a hub with links to other ticket sites, or again, he could handle ticket sales himself.

    My other guess is that it he is taking the tour overseas, and his website will have links to the foreign ticket agencies handling sales, in case anyone from the U.S. wants to purchase tickets.

    Was he talking about something happening in the near term, or more down the road? There's only 2 weeks left in February, and I thought he had said there would be a big announcement in February. If so, we might hear more about his 2018 plans soon.
    Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 02-13-2018 at 02:14 AM.

  25. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I did not hear Studio G, but if what you're saying is true, my interpretation is that it could mean a couple of things. Either he is planning on going into the Ticket selling business, which seems unlikely. If he's talking about next year's supposed College Stadium tour, in which case his website could be a hub with links to other ticket sites, or again, he could handle ticket sales himself.

    My other guess is that it he is taking the tour overseas, and his website will have links to the foreign ticket agencies handling sales, in case anyone from the U.S. wants to purchase tickets.

    Was he talking about something happening in the near term, or more down the road? There's only 2 weeks left in February, and I thought he had said there would be a big announcement in February. If so, we might hear more about his 2018 plans soon.
    Here in New Zealand we also use ticketmaster and tickettec for concerts, they're probably the only two that handles concerts and sports events.
    I guess it would be easy to link those on his webpage.

  26. #56
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    749
    Didn't his previous website have links to where tickets were sold in America?

  27. #57
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Tx.
    Posts
    739
    Yes it did

  28. #58
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Arlington, Tx.
    Posts
    739
    I am looking forward to hearing the live version of Cold Like That that he said will be on the live album. Did anyone here ever hear him perform it in concert? I know I never did.

  29. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    749
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    Yes it did
    So nothing different if it's just links.

  30. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    654
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I am looking forward to hearing the live version of Cold Like That that he said will be on the live album. Did anyone here ever hear him perform it in concert? I know I never did.
    So I guess Garth said on Studio G that "Cold Like That" will be on the live album? Interesting. As far as I know he only ever played it live one time and that was at the surprise/secret CRS show a couple of years ago in Nashville.

    So it appears that we are going to get "Cold Like That", "Fishin' In The Dark" and possibly even "Tacoma" on the live album. I have mixed feelings about this. For one, I am absolutely THRILLED that it appears we are getting something different on Triple Live (if that is what it's actually called) than the same 20 or so songs that I expected. That part is really cool. I'd be lying though if I said it doesn't seem weird that he did several songs only once, or a handful of times, in order to record them for a live album. Seems to me if you are going to go to the trouble of learning a song to play live that you could actually throw it in the setlist every now and then. I don't know. Feels kind of disingenuous to perform a song live once and throw it on a live album.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts