+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

In the USA, the best country in the world

Inside Studio G - 2018

Thought this'd be a nice thread to discuss the weekly inside Studio G shows...

Honestly? not a lot with this one in DEPTTH. but a lot of potentially cool stuff and a nice look at the construction site that is/was the studio?

this fall sounds like stuff will really be hitting but man.. he did use my two favorite words from him....

"New Music"

didn't like much the idea that the live anthology part will pull a LOT from the first 2 world tours... (he used the words 'biggest live shows' which to me means TIGB, TIGB2, CP, I&B, C2C2C, and all the stuff from the entertainer DVD set.. ) a lot more that could be used IMO (and being the perfectionist he is, I'm sure he's gonna focus on the more polished parts..) but hearing the LIvE thoughts? good too..

all in all, it's good to have Studio G back! and Garth back!! And NEW MUSIC coming.... gotta love that too
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I missed Studio G.

So there will be new music this year!!!! Awesome!!

No mention of concerts, I guess that will come later in the year.

Boy if the live anthology is just based around previously released material and his BIG TV specials, then Im gutted with that, and wont buy it

I guess we will never get to hear rare stuff. :-(

This one had me excited. I like his energy and his talk of what is coming.

I really liked how he explained the philosophy of the last three years. Catching them back up to where they were when they quit in 98 so that now he is ready for what seems to be all new stuff going forward. Now rather that is how he was looking at it when he started the World Tour we will never know. But I'll take this outlook on where he is at in his career if that is the thinking he had from the get go or is how he has currently come to look at things. I think he must have some cool songs ready to produce by the way he talked about new stuff.

We won't know for sure until his new live music is released, but it does seem that all the recording he did of the shows towards the end of the tour will for the last part of The Anthology.

Didn’t I hear him mention “what is coming” was set to start in the fall? That is different from the 2019 timeline we have previously heard.

It sounds like he's got several huge things in the works. Who knows which one is coming this fall. I can't wait!

Anyone one else notice that Allentown's interior walls are the same colour as the rooms where He and T do ISG/Coffee Talk?? Cracked me up when I saw it.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

So how many studio g's do we have to go through to get some kind of cool new information on new music or new tour. Not just hints... My guess, it's a brand new year, new studio, new website... This should take us into the fall anyways.

I'm sure it'll come eventually, but Garth has to drag things out- if he gives ALL the details right away, then what is there left to build to?

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    So how many studio g's do we have to go through to get some kind of cool new information on new music or new tour. Not just hints... My guess, it's a brand new year, new studio, new website... This should take us into the fall anyways.
    We know that he is talking about the website next week but not saying anything else at least until the week after. So I a guessing there will be a lot of ask Garths next week.

Forgive my ignorance, but I've been super busy lately and I haven't had a chance to watch Studio G yet, but I thought he said the new live album (which was originally supposed to come out last fall) was instead going to come out sometime in the spring this year. Is that now changed to the fall? And Skywise mentioned that he said "new music" is coming this year. Is that "new music" a new album, or is he just referring to the new live album?

And what about the next Anthology volume? When does that come out? And did I read it right that he mentioned that it will only focus on the first 2 tours, and that the Comeback Anthology volume will cover this latest tour. Why? That seems silly. If it's a volume dedicated to the live show, then why not cover all 3 tours?

And if he's not doing anything until fall, then what will fill the void between now and then? Hopefully a new single from Gunslinger, maybe The Weekend, He Really Loves You, or Honky-Tonk Somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, but I've been super busy lately and I haven't had a chance to watch Studio G yet, but I thought he said the new live album (which was originally supposed to come out last fall) was instead going to come out sometime in the spring this year. Is that now changed to the fall? And Skywise mentioned that he said "new music" is coming this year. Is that "new music" a new album, or is he just referring to the new live album?

And what about the next Anthology volume? When does that come out? And did I read it right that he mentioned that it will only focus on the first 2 tours, and that the Comeback Anthology volume will cover this latest tour. Why? That seems silly. If it's a volume dedicated to the live show, then why not cover all 3 tours?

And if he's not doing anything until fall, then what will fill the void between now and then? Hopefully a new single from Gunslinger, maybe The Weekend, He Really Loves You, or Honky-Tonk Somewhere.
    All I can say, there better be a ton of UNRELEASED NEVER HEARD BEFORE, LIVE STUFF FROM HIS FIRST COUPLE OF TOURS.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post

You should watch it. It's only 12 min. It had an exciting vibe to it.

New music? Can you all say Thanksgiving? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    If that soon!!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieBarton View Post
    His VP of radio promotion said early this year. I’m going to guess late Feb- early March

Maybe a little later than that. It'd be great to have a new single playing at you enter the new site. It'd be great promotion for both...Though it's highly unlikely.

I’m wondering if “new music” means a live single. Maybe in time for the Texas shows?

Just watched the first few minutes, and it seems today is just a ASkGarth and a commerical for DR Pepper. Was there any tidbits of interest?

Tour? Album? etc etc?

Im watching the whole thing and Im Gobsmacked.

Speaking of touring, he is saying, so many things have to fall in place, so many things have to happen, its going to take two to three months to
    organize it, and it will have to fall into place.

He also said hes talking to the federal government, to do something and play somewhere and the end result will be to play at a level, hes never done before,
    but he cant tell us more, but its going to be a joyride. But then he said a Hint is "Ya have to go back" Im guessing DC, where the presidents have their inauguration,
    like he did for President Obama.

Still not word to the international fans, about overseas dates.

So basically the same Studio G, theres always been, promises promises promises, while international fans, just sit here looking like dumb asses.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 01-29-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Garth was asked directly by someone about europe and australia and april and just went straight to talking of stage coach in cal.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Im watching the whole thing and Im Gobsmacked.
    x
    Speaking of touring, he is saying, so many things have to fall in place, so many things have to happen, its going to take two to three months to
    organize it, and it will have to fall into place.

He also said hes talking to the federal government, to do something and play somewhere and the end result will be to play at a level, hes never done before,
    but he cant tell us more, but its going to be a joyride. But then he said a Hint is "Ya have to go back" Im guessing DC, where the presidents have their inauguration,
    like he did for President Obama.
    I doubt it'd be the case, but I'll put this out there. What comes to mind with all this? to me? it's going to somewhere like Russia.. Playing (kinda like billy joel did) in Moscow.. I doubt it's that, but still I'll put that out there...

"ya have to go back..."

talking to the federal gov't

Maybe Garth's bringing the stage show to the troops...

Still not word to the international fans, about overseas dates.

So basically the same Studio G, theres always been, promises promises promises, while international fans, just sit here looking like dumb asses.
    Look, I dont' want to seem cruel.. and I don't want to seem mean.. however when is enough going to be enough?? every time Garth says ANYTHING lately... the comment is made about (in some way or another) screwing over the overseas fans... garth's not really doing a world tour... garth only cares about the USA..."

Is it just me, or is this CONTINUED diatribe about Garth a bit tiring? seriously.. by now, we should all know that Garth's gonna do what he's gonna do. we should all know that Garth's touring days are not done.. We should also all know that the overseas fans (some of em) are not happy... some overseas PG'ers are not happy..

I agree, it stinks that he didnt' come (in this part of a tour) overseas.. I agree, it would have been nice- the shows I saw were incredible (and I'm already missing them, heck it's only been just almost 3 years). Still....

when is enough enough? we get it.... why beat a dead horse?

(much the same way that other things I've said in the past about Garth I don't mention as often anymore, due in part to the fact that I get it- others feel differently...)

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Garth was asked directly by someone about europe and australia and april and just went straight to talking of stage coach in cal.

honestly, if oyu watched the whole question.... He was not asked directly about Europe and australia.. he was asked about APRIL, seeing as how the woman asking the question has had her husband take her to a garth concert for her birthday for the last 3 years... (meaning they've gone to diff. cities..) SHE mentioned then that she'd never been to Europe or Australia... garth did not 'just go straight to talking about stage coach.. ' he hemmed/hawed a bit but asked someone off camera about april, and thats when they mentioned stagecoach.. how it was at the end of april.. You're misrepresenting his 'words'...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I doubt it'd be the case, but I'll put this out there. What comes to mind with all this? to me? it's going to somewhere like Russia.. Playing (kinda like billy joel did) in Moscow.. I doubt it's that, but still I'll put that out there...

"ya have to go back..."

talking to the federal gov't

Maybe Garth's bringing the stage show to the troops...

Look, I dont' want to seem cruel.. and I don't want to seem mean.. however when is enough going to be enough?? every time Garth says ANYTHING lately... the comment is made about (in some way or another) screwing over the overseas fans... garth's not really doing a world tour... garth only cares about the USA..."

Is it just me, or is this CONTINUED diatribe about Garth a bit tiring? seriously.. by now, we should all know that Garth's gonna do what he's gonna do. we should all know that Garth's touring days are not done.. We should also all know that the overseas fans (some of em) are not happy... some overseas PG'ers are not happy..

I agree, it stinks that he didnt' come (in this part of a tour) overseas.. I agree, it would have been nice- the shows I saw were incredible (and I'm already missing them, heck it's only been just almost 3 years). Still....

when is enough enough? we get it.... why beat a dead horse?

(much the same way that other things I've said in the past about Garth I don't mention as often anymore, due in part to the fact that I get it- others feel differently...)
    Fair points, all it will take from garth is a straight answer though, and NOT dropping hints that he may or may not. That is the bit that is unfair.

That would be awesome if he plays Moscow like Billy Joel did, that would blow me away, great guess!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    Is it just me, or is this CONTINUED diatribe about Garth a bit tiring?
    It's extremely tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    It's extremely tiring.
    Okay i will be good. :-)

According to the Garth Brooks Believers Facebook page:

Those that watched #InsideStudioG with Garth Brooks saw the emotional ending involving the retired fireman Marc Wright and the video his sister posted last week of Marc singing "The Dance" from his hospital bed (link below).

Sadly Marc lost his battle the morning of StudioG, so from all of us at Garth Brooks Believers, please take a moment, watch the video... then head on over to their GoFundMe page and donate a little something to help this 1st responders family!

Let's show this "true fan" and his family what being a Garth fan is all about, and that is Loving One Another. Prayers to Michele Wright and all of the Wright family.

GoFundMe - https://www.gofundme.com/marcwrightfuneralfund

Video - https://www.facebook.com/michele.wri...9362222527438/

RIP Marc.

Thoughts and wishes to his family and friends.

To be honest, it's tiring because Garth keeps putting off an overseas tour. He was asked last night in a studio g and he completely ignored half the question about seeing him in Europe and Australia... All the while, he's planning another USA tour. Luke Bryan is touring Australia in March, if he can do it, what's stopping Garth.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    To be honest, it's tiring because Garth keeps putting off an overseas tour. He was asked last night in a studio g and he completely ignored half the question about seeing him in Europe and Australia... All the while, he's planning another USA tour. Luke Bryan is touring Australia in March, if he can do it, what's stopping Garth.
    please provide the specific time stamp of where he was directly asked about touring europe and australia... The lady who asked the question (I was watching inside Studio G at the moment her question came up) did not ask directly about that.. She mentioned (as I already stated above)

He was not asked directly about Europe and australia.. he was asked about APRIL, seeing as how the woman asking the question has had her husband take her to a garth concert for her birthday for the last 3 years... (meaning they've gone to diff. cities..) SHE mentioned then that she'd never been to Europe or Australia...
    Garth was asked about the month of APRIL and a show.. the LADY casually mentioned she'd never been to europe and australia... Garth never ignored anything.. he hemmed/hawed a bit about April (obviously, theres stuff he's doing I'd wager) and did mention Stagecoach was at the end of April...

saying that he 'completely ignored half the question about seeing him in Europe and australia' is either mischaracterizing what he actually said or reading the TRUTH of the answer through the lens of a WISHED FOR answer, thus the disappointment when it wasn't answered the way that was wanted...

Did garth say he's planning another "USA" tour? no.. he mentioned 'the next tour' and how it hadn't taken shape yet.. I doubt he has it all planned out yet...

We get it.. Garth didn't come to Europe or Australia on this tour.. I think he was severely bit in the pocketbook, the ego department, and had his feelings hurt (for lack of a better way to put it) by the debacle and snafu in Ireland.. that was a lot of bad press. Ireland I hate to say did it to themselves... (policies, etc..) the people are the ones put out by the event sure...

but it's beating a dead horse to keep the commentary about Garth and europe/australia going like is being done....

No offense, but Luke Bryan isn't Garth... Never will be- no matter "how" popular he is , or where he tours... Garth is far more influential.. honestly, I wish that people would quit comparing what Garth does to what other artists do. we've seen it countless times since well, since I was even doing it with the retirement debacle in the first place...

doesn't solve anything- doesn't help anything, and frankly.. doesn't influence anything.. Garth is going to be who Garth is, and do what he wants to.... for all his commentary about the fans..... garth goes where HE wants to, and does what HE wants to.... we don't control his paths

RIP marc.. May your legacy live on

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread