+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Inside Studio G - 2018

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I assume this "Ryan" is a reference to me? HA! I have said from day one that I believed the stadium show at Mercedes Benz Stadium in Atlanta last October was a trial run for the stadium tour. If I'm right then I've seen the stage (and any of you who went have seen it as well). It was basically a square stage in the round in the middle of the stadium. Coming off the stage there were two ramps, one on each side of the long part of the stadium. They ran basically the length of the field so he had plenty of "front rows" as he has stated in Studio G a couple of times. I believe that is basically the stage. There may be more "bells & whistles" if you will when they complete it, but I think that was probably at least a skeleton version of it.

I was thrilled to hear a little more info about the Diamond Series/G-mail stuff. It almost sounded like to me the Diamond Series may be coming via G-mail and not necessarily be a reissue of past records. Who knows, but I'm loving the sound of getting things no one else can get except via G-mail.

HA!! Sorry bout that, appears to be a formatting error / spacing error on my part...

honestly, though, I loved hearing about the G-mail and diamond series stuff too. sounds like its' something special g-mail people will be getting ,and did you catch where Garth said it wouldn't cost us a dime? (or words to that effect)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Skywise you're the best. Love your recaps!

I felt the need to facepalm when they were discussing all the problems with Amazon ordering. The fact is, Amazon's focus is not music. If it was the whole pre-ordering from an iPhone thing would not be an issue. It's pretty embarrassing how difficult it is to consume Garth's music. The most difficult popular artist to hear in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Skywise you're the best. Love your recaps!.
    Thx DuckStreet!

good points on Amazon's focus not being on music- Music is just one piece of their pie, one cog in the machine- not a focal point

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Life is hard! lol
    Last edited by YouSoundBitter; 06-26-2018 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Life is hard! lol
    you've had no problem pre ordering? I haven't either- some in Canada and elsewhere have

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

No, preorder worked awesome for me. Downloaded the songs on laptop and both phones, album is already paid for. I am happy! I do feel the frustrations of the others though.

Thank you Skywise, I no longer use Facebook and thanks to these I donít miss it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    No, preorder worked awesome for me. Downloaded the songs on laptop and both phones, album is already paid for. I am happy! I do feel the frustrations of the others though.
    I hear ya- I think my experience is the same as yours

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by fences2312 View Post
    Thank you Skywise, I no longer use Facebook and thanks to these I don’t miss it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
    Fences- in the words of chick fil a- my pleasure- I’m glad people like the re caps- I’ll continue doing them!

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

This one was so awesome! It was true Garth with all his passion. This single has him pumped and it sounds like some great things are coming. Could we be returning to the Garth of the 90s popping out lots of number ones? He definitely has his feet under him now and I feel for the present.

Sorry for being a dumb ass again.

Am I right in thinking the July (announcement) is going will be made by 11am est time, and studio G will still be at 7pm?
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 06-29-2018 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Sorry for being a dumb ass again.

Am I right in thinking the July (announcement) is going will be made by 11am est time, and studio G will still be at 7pm?
    That was my interpretation. I think it lends credence to the theory that others are involved, and that the announcement may not necessarily be coming from Garth. But I'm sure whatever it is, will get posted on GB.Com prior to Studio G.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    That was my interpretation. I think it lends credence to the theory that others are involved, and that the announcement may not necessarily be coming from Garth. But I'm sure whatever it is, will get posted on GB.Com prior to Studio G.
    Awesome. Cant believe Im going to be away from my computer for a few days, in the build up to the announcement. Heck after what seems like a year of guessing, theres just a week and a half left.

We will finally know! :-)

Man its going to be a week of watching world cup football and then the biggest thing ever. hehehe.

In seriousness, Im kinda thinking the annoucement may just be the tour dates and the diamond series

Man its going to be a week of watching world cup football and then the biggest thing ever. hehehe.

In seriousness, Im kinda thinking the annoucement may just be the tour dates and the diamond series
    I honestly think the only thing that will be announced on July 9 is the tour. I don't think we'll hear any official details on Triple Live or the Live Anthology or anything else until at least September or October. I doubt we'll hear anything about the new album until about 6-8 weeks before its release next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I honestly think the only thing that will be announced on July 9 is the tour. I don't think we'll hear any official details on Triple Live or the Live Anthology or anything else until at least September or October. I doubt we'll hear anything about the new album until about 6-8 weeks before its release next year.
    Its been build up to much. We know there is some sort of announcement coming, it to do with the tour and the music, but I think its going to be a sort of side thing with it, but it will be interesting, not sure if it will be game changing and the biggest thing Garth has tried, but we will see.

Today he will talk about ND.
    Take some ask garths.
    Then he will say, in three to four weeks there will be more announcements and
    Bryan and Sammie, will say people are getting excited.

Today he will talk about ND.
    Take some ask garths.
    Then he will say, in three to four weeks there will be more announcements and
    Bryan and Sammie, will say people are getting excited.
    Haha... yep! Exactly how I expect today's Studio G to go.... and in that exact order.

TODAY INSIDE STUDIO G.

the start of it, was people talking about ND, and they used the same script they used for This is garth brooks two.

Ten days, 45 trucks, miles of cable.

Garth will announce other cities when he plays the ND concert. The announcement of that concert will come soon.

You can order garths new album if you live in canada.

so there ya freakin well have it.

Just watched the 1st part of studio g. That looks like a TV promo to me. I bet the coming details will include the concert being televised.

Thought it was cool that we will have another song dropped from the album pre-order in a month or so! I bet it'll be either a message or ballad song with the release of two tempos to start.

Also, cool to hear him sing some of "The Road I'm On". Really looking forward to that opening.

I'm not sure he was saying we WILL get another song or it's just possible with how they have it set up...but yeah, I'd love another new song!

Today's Inside Studio G Recap.. (sorry bout the typos if any, or the misspellings, I'm tired its 130AM here and I need to get to bed hehe)

Inside Studio G 7-9-2018 recap

Inside Studio G checks in at 26m 13 s this week

Opens up with ND / Garth advertisement/intro…./promo - could be a big event though- a special… Dallas / CP / Ireland… all were televised?

Intros- talking about picking up Lou Holtz for the morning press conference..

The announcement was made … and ever since, it was almost like ‘you’re on tour again now’

apparently FB feed was having issues.. come on Garth, this is 2018 and you’ve been doing this for 2 years… can’t you get the technical stuff corrected by now?

talking about Notre Dame.. the sounds’ a bit strange.. Sirius is going well, FB is a bit off sound wise…

Talking about how people were wanting more information than what was given today, but “this is how it gets started for us”

When you’re running by yourself, you just go (mentions I think 391 shows). You just go. But when you partner up with Notre Dame, and (grins a bit) “future partners” (there will be more stadiums/colleges etc I bet) you can ‘reach twice as high’ as you can by yourself but now it takes twice as long..

Will try to answer all the questions that we can today….

Will have another announcement, but it will be made IN south bend, and will involve the university a lot more..

Talking about how internet was down at studio, and they were in LA (TY was working on some sort of project), will get back to studio soon and keep working on live record and new music as well

Ask Garth’s

Does mention there are questions about dates, and those will be ‘answered soon’ (points out the ND graphic and ‘event details soon’ line…)

Craig Griffis (twitter)

Is this possibly a trend for things to come In the future? Would love to watch Garth at the Big house

we have a Michigan fan.. very cool… ‘ Yes, it is…’ Nd is .. . it’s kinda weird.. I don’t try to talk in circles, but sometimes you do, things are happening now, while we’re talking.. I want to give you the most information because you invested your time.. it’s the same as journalists. . journalists show up and you want to give them something.. they can use, but the truth is sometimes all this stuff is still in the forming kind of sense, so yes.. Notre dame is the beginning AND the end of a chapter for us… we’ll come to a close on a chapter there, and open up a new one ON THE SAME NIGHT…

Kelsey From Pasa robles

Are you going to come down and sing with some of us in the audience? Could that be what you mean by more than one front row?

that’s a great question, and the answer is NO.. this is what I love about this, when you think about touring as we know it, it’s kinda been built in the arenas. You come from the honky-tonks, where you front row is maybe ten people, then you go into the arenas, where it’s maybe 48-60 people across there.. this is going to be 155 feet in five different directions , this is gonna be really cool. So there’s gonna be a lot of front rows, and hopefully we make every seat feel like it’s the seat to be in. ( mentions working on rehearsing starting this month)

Person asks if will be bringing ‘all day long’ to the ND show. . garth responds, cant’ imagine doing a show the rest of my life without all day long…

Mentions we’ll be trying different things on different shows, in different cities.. (set list mix up? Ehh probably not but we can dream)

*** mentioning amazon and the Canada thing, and the tour opener (the road I’m on).. mentions Randall king the writer, and kinda hyping the pre order a bit (mentions discount..) ***

PLAYS A BIT OF THE ROAD I’M ON

Tim

Will you do the ND victory march?

let’s just say ND is the first page in a new chapter. What I like about what lays in front of us, is the shows are not going to be that many.. this one’s not going to be 77 cities like the tour.. this one’s going to be special events, that are spread out, like Notre dame is.. I’d never tell people to come to all of them ,but the way these things are spaced out, you can get to all of them..
    Yes you’re going to come there, play FILP, Thunder rolls. There are songs you’ll play at every concert, but the stuff in between there… ( are we gonna get varied sets?

Jennifer Hall (twitter)

“ Hi Garth. In all of the 80+ shows of yours that I have been to, although all very memorable, I’m still mesmerized by your “old stuff” piano entrance during the 96-98 tour. What was that like and does video exist?”

I’m not the guy… I’m always gonna say someone else’s stuff was cooler. I’;m not sure Iv’e ever seen an entrance as cool as this one right here, But we’ve yet to beat it, broke our hearts on the last tour, we tried every way we could to beat it, . We had a song called the red stokes, that was about to come out in 94-95, I think the video won awards, so people were kinda familiar with it even though it wasn’t a single…s we opened hte sow with a song called the old stuff, with a white tux and white piano, (sings part of the old stuff) , so, is there any video? Yes and no. here we go again.. Ireland. We filmed that. The Croke park special, but remember when we started that special, it was the daytime, so it never really showed up, and it wasn’t in the surround, like the tour was, so in the surround you thought you could see the piano, but you were really seeing a mirror back at you guys, it didn’t work as cook on film as it did live, I’ll check and see, if we have any video of it, or if you have any illegal video of it, you can post it here ad we’ll see if we can’t find some footage of it.. it was pretty cool..

Steve from Omaha

“speaking of he road you’re on, would you ever come to Omaha and play the opening for the college world series? Can’t wait for you to to bring the freak show back to Nebraska”

first of all, any invitation from Nebraska? Hell yes. That place is the place to play. When they ask about which cities caught you most off guard, Omaha.. We’ve always had a good time at Lincoln, with the state fairs and such, but I gotta tell you, Nebraska just shows up! So we got to slam it really hard in Omaha, so when we went back to Lincoln I thought well, it’ll be a little lighter because we slammed it in Omaha, and here Lincoln just came as well, so any invitation to the cornhusker’s state, yes. I don’t know if it’s Rosenblatt, the stadium, but if ht’s the stadium there, I’d love to play there another college stadium reference? Sounds like colleges definitely.. so this is probably gonna be one of the things I shouldn’t say, but I can’t imagine, not coming to Nebraska. And I’ll even let this out. . live record ? Whooo.. you guys are all over it”

Kimberly Brazil huston

I see a shirt on your website that says “G Digital” is that some kind of clue to the big secret? Because you are sneaky like that..

-NO, the G digital are what the crew guys always wore, you see them working the shows all night long, from the opening acts, and they sometimes wear the cool gear you can’t get anywhere else because they’re crew guys, their gear all kinda matches, so uh G Digital was one of the ones , they said can we do this , and after the tour, so we wouldn’t have any security concerns ,we did some of the crew stuff, so G digital was one of the shirts that the crew guys wore, so no, uh, I promise you that if I was being sneaky like that I’d Amit to it hat that something was coming..

Caleb (twitter

Hi Garth- My name is Caleb and I’ve been listening to your music since Iw as three years old and I still listen at the age of 15. My question is, are you going to make another DVD collection similar to “Garth Brooks: The Entertainer”? Thank you!

ok Caleb, so understand the entertainer came out, and it probably took us about 10 years to put that together. So go back to 2014 when we started this thing? And it’ll probably take us 10 years to put together something like that. Stuff like, yankee stadium, stuff like, what’s getting ready to happen here.. just um, some things like that, so …

Rebecca Maxwell

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! I am so excited (I actually peed a little shhhh our secret) I knew you would fix this somehow. You sir are a man of integrity. Love you to bits, again THANK YOU! Rebecca from Alberta CA

(referring to AMAZON and canada.)

I’;m thinking that whoever watches this goes to the website, but it might be two different communications, For #1, Canada is up and running ,for preordering the record. You can go through the website here, and do it. Makes it pretty easy, and , can I tell you, if there would be other countries (gives a smirk type look) that might be having trouble, can they use the website in Canada thing.. Hashtag says “it just works for Canada”but we are working on the others..

thanks Rolling Stone magazine for how they stated the question etc.. and how they helped get he answer out to the people..
    there could be another song just drop in there if you bought the album, say in the next … month… when you do an album like this, then album cuts start to show up, you never know when it’s going to drop in your box… creating the new album as we speak

Says goodbyes

Plays video about ordering new CD

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So can we except anything from next weeks Studio G? A date announcement for ND? Album news?

So can we except anything from next weeks Studio G? A date announcement for ND? Album news?
    hmm.. Date announcement for ND- I think they said they'd be having a press conference @ ND to announce the specific date- I doubt that'll show up. as for album news? sure w'ell get a tidbit- but not much.. could be wrong though- I think Garth hinted at a new song dropping sometime in the next month to the pre orders... but again, don't really know. will have to wait and hear

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    hmm.. Date announcement for ND- I think they said they'd be having a press conference @ ND to announce the specific date- I doubt that'll show up. as for album news? sure w'ell get a tidbit- but not much.. could be wrong though- I think Garth hinted at a new song dropping sometime in the next month to the pre orders... but again, don't really know. will have to wait and hear
    I just hope he doesnt say, "There is an announcement coming in the next few weeks"

Sorry, was at the pool with my kids at the start of Inside Studio G so recap will go up in a few hours.. but it's coming...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

broadcast frozen, but he did say TWO MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENTS COMING, One October/November, one in the next four five weeks.

Im not going to start a separate thread though.

22 minutes along, but it cut off.

He basically said there will be announcements, but there wasnt (perhaps he announced what was going to be announced, after the video cut off) the ND announcement wasnt the announcement, there are two
    MAJOR announcements coming, one announcement in October/November the other announcement in four to five weeks, you can get the announcement first
    by going to garths webpage and signing up for the announcement.

The usual ask garth, live album be worked on, you can get different covers, amazon is great, they will have announcements, oh the tour announcement comes later, with the announcement
    of different dates.

Not sure if studio g came back on, but thats about it in a nutshell. Two major announcements coming to be announced at a later date and announced earlier for those that sign up.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 07-16-2018 at 08:41 PM.

5 minutes listening to him chew, talked about announcements but no actual announcements, and some questions that were very sweet. 20 minutes in a nutshell.

+ Reply to Thread