+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Its Time For Garth Brooks to join the MeToo and TimesUp campaign

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    I don't need to know, but so many people wish that celebrities would do what they do, and not use their platform to advance their own agenda.

As for me, I am ok with a celebrity doing so, or not doing so. Why should a well-known person be coerced into not speaking up? On the other hand, why should a celebrity have to speak up? It is NOT a bad thing if a person chooses to remain silent.
    My mom used to say, and the principle is from Proverbs, “It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”. I quite honestly find it refreshing when a celebrity doesn’t feel it necessary to inundate me with their opinions.

I don’t know about the people here, but I think it is safe to assume none of us believes it is OK to sexually harass/rape someone. Just because someone (Garth in this instance) hasn’t spoken out does not mean he’s OK with it happening. The life he leads clearly makes me believe he respects women and that is more profound than any public statement.

I for one am just tired of political discussions invading every area of life. My political affiliation (and I have one) does not define me. I think politics is at a point where people judge people (ie. Prejudice) based upon their political beliefs. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we judged people based upon the content of their character and not whether they leaned left or right?

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    my mom used to say, and the principle is from proverbs, “it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”. I quite honestly find it refreshing when a celebrity doesn’t feel it necessary to inundate me with their opinions.

I don’t know about the people here, but i think it is safe to assume none of us believes it is ok to sexually harass/rape someone. Just because someone (garth in this instance) hasn’t spoken out does not mean he’s ok with it happening. The life he leads clearly makes me believe he respects women and that is more profound than any public statement.

I for one am just tired of political discussions invading every area of life. My political affiliation (and i have one) does not define me. I think politics is at a point where people judge people (ie. Prejudice) based upon their political beliefs. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we judged people based upon the content of their character and not whether they leaned left or right?
    Post of the year!!!

I for one am just tired of political discussions invading every area of life. My political affiliation (and I have one) does not define me. I think politics is at a point where people judge people (ie. Prejudice) based upon their political beliefs. Wouldn't it be amazing if we judged people based upon the content of their character and not whether they leaned left or right?
    THIS! The politicization of everything in our modern society is exhausting, and it's sad to see how it's turning friends--even longtime friends--against each other.

Today its been reported that countless of female employees have made sexual misconduct charges against Steve Wynn and that hes been doing this for decades.

Should Garth continue to call Steve Wynn a great guy?

Im kinda guessing if I put in a AskGarth question and ask "Will you ever go back to the Wynn while Steve Wynn is still in charge?" he wont answer it.

But he doesnt have too.

Garth will never play the Wynn again.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 01-27-2018 at 12:31 AM.

I agree with emerald isle it is out of control. I am a high school history teacher and was told after the election by my principal not to talk about President Trump....again I am a high school history teacher told not to talk about history. If you like Trump and I don't why cant we just say fair enough and let it go? why does it have to become a fight or name calling?

When talking about the media and the way they can blow things out of proportion, I think back several years ago during the summer of the shark attacks. The media like CNN was on every day telling us about yet another shark attack and had us all thinking if you even looked in the water a shark would get you. I remember people saying we are going to have to either close down the ocean or start killing sharks because of the huge amount of attacks.Then we came to find out that it was a normal year number wise for shark attacks and that the media had just went crazy with it. To me that is what is going on right now

Last Steve Wynn. My biggest problem with the whole thing is what happens if Steve Wynn is found to be not guilty? now I am not saying he is I am just asking what if? If he is found to be innocent the damage is done and he will always be that guy. His stock has already fell and he has not even said one word.

My mom used to say, and the principle is from Proverbs, “It is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”. I quite honestly find it refreshing when a celebrity doesn’t feel it necessary to inundate me with their opinions.

I don’t know about the people here, but I think it is safe to assume none of us believes it is OK to sexually harass/rape someone. Just because someone (Garth in this instance) hasn’t spoken out does not mean he’s OK with it happening. The life he leads clearly makes me believe he respects women and that is more profound than any public statement.

I for one am just tired of political discussions invading every area of life. My political affiliation (and I have one) does not define me. I think politics is at a point where people judge people (ie. Prejudice) based upon their political beliefs. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we judged people based upon the content of their character and not whether they leaned left or right?
    Yes. Yes. Yes. I listen to music to escape from everything else. Not trying to ignore, but trying to remain sane. I don't need Garth to wear a shirt or make a statement to know that he feels what is happening is wrong. If I want my political fix, I can get that anywhere...TV, walking down the street, anywhere. Let music be music.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    my mom used to say, and the principle is from proverbs, “it is better to be silent and thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt”. I quite honestly find it refreshing when a celebrity doesn’t feel it necessary to inundate me with their opinions.

I don’t know about the people here, but i think it is safe to assume none of us believes it is ok to sexually harass/rape someone. Just because someone (garth in this instance) hasn’t spoken out does not mean he’s ok with it happening. The life he leads clearly makes me believe he respects women and that is more profound than any public statement.

I for one am just tired of political discussions invading every area of life. My political affiliation (and i have one) does not define me. I think politics is at a point where people judge people (ie. Prejudice) based upon their political beliefs. Wouldn’t it be amazing if we judged people based upon the content of their character and not whether they leaned left or right?

amen!!!!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread