+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rarest Garth merchandise you ever owned?

Rarest Garth merchandise you ever owned?

So a guy I follow on Youtube is a Gamer/Metalhead and he uploaded a video detailing some of his rarest music DVD's and had stuff from Metallica, AC/DC, Queen, Kiss etc.

And it got me thinking about my Garth DVD's and knowing the Entertainer DVDs being out of print, I did a look at Amazon and they're running it $75 for a new sealed copy.

So it got me thinking about the possibility of a rare officially licensed Garth Brooks-merchandise that you guys own and wanna share with. Or maybe you guys might have some very rare bootlegs (Hungry Years don't count).

I have a little booklet with a CD about his life clips form press conferences. It has the founder of Planet Garth interviewed on it.

I wish I still had the CD sampler that came with The Hits where he talked about each song.

For Your Consideration Frequency Box Set, numbered! Only 100 ever made. It includes the movie DVD and also a CD single of WYCBTMA.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    For Your Consideration Frequency Box Set, numbered! Only 100 ever made. It includes the movie DVD and also a CD single of WYCBTMA.
    Damn that is rare

I have two t-shirts that was meant to be sold at the cancelled Croke Park concerts in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    I have two t-shirts that was meant to be sold at the cancelled Croke Park concerts in 2014.
    Ah Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    So a guy I follow on Youtube is a Gamer/Metalhead and he uploaded a video detailing some of his rarest music DVD's and had stuff from Metallica, AC/DC, Queen, Kiss etc.

And it got me thinking about my Garth DVD's and knowing the Entertainer DVDs being out of print, I did a look at Amazon and they're running it $75 for a new sealed copy.

So it got me thinking about the possibility of a rare officially licensed Garth Brooks-merchandise that you guys own and wanna share with. Or maybe you guys might have some very rare bootlegs (Hungry Years don't count).
    Not to much have own it, but decades back, I downloaded an audio file of his entire concert he did in Germany in 1994. On an old computer that I threw out and dont have the file anymore. Some guy had put all these files up from concerts he did in the early 90's, ones that were never released to the public.

I also have a video of Garth playing in Dublin in 1994. It was probably all of the concert or most of it anyway.

I guess my rarest possession is an audio recording of his encore from Kansas City 2007. Highlights include Wolves in its entirety, Rocket Man by Elton John, Please Come to Boston, Which One of Them, then a couple other common encore songs..American Pie, etc. Truly was amazing.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    hmmm..

I'm in the process of trying to find a spot where I can go through all my garth stuff..

rarest? dont' know.. I'd have to put ti into physical stuff, and recordings, etc..

physical stuff, probably a shaped (like a flower?) cd that was limited and is a cd single of 2pc

shirt wise? ehh I have a few

posters- a mint condition No Fences promo release poster (one of the first things I had in my collection)

recordings? ehh will have to look but probably... a video recording of Garth coming to the Denver Health Medical Center Gala, where he was helping raise funds.. a solo show (very much like his Vegas show).. either that, or any number of the concerts I have on audio or video (from 1990 up through concerts from 2014-2015 time frame)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I have a box in my attic full with Garth Hoodies, Soccer Jerseys & Scarves that were meant for the 2014 Croke Park Concerts. I will try to post a pic, he sent them to us after we met him in Cleveland!

I remember tweeting Garth about still getting a Tampa poster, if they had been printed yet to go along with my unused ticket...I never got a reply back:-(

I was at this show. Would love to hear your recording. jturtels

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I have a box in my attic full with Garth Hoodies, Soccer Jerseys & Scarves that were meant for the 2014 Croke Park Concerts. I will try to post a pic, he sent them to us after we met him in Cleveland!
    I'd love to see a pic of them. Would love to know what happened to all the merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I remember that!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I'm not sure if it's rare, but I have the CD single of Lost In You

I also have the Christmas single of Zat You Santa Claus, Mary Had a Little Lamb

The holographic "Limited Edition" of Chris Gaines

The orginal VHS copies of his earlier videos and concerts

I'd love to see a pic of them. Would love to know what happened to all the merchandise.
    I'll post a pic tomorrow... He told me all the Ireland stuff were with the stage etc in a huge barn!!!

I DM'd you djryan.
    Last edited by ManAgnstMachine; 01-14-2018 at 06:30 PM. Reason: correct spelling

The highlights of my Garth collection

- I have a stage-worn Mo'Betta shirt from 1993-94 tour. Red with black and white splashes across the center.
    - I have six platinum album plaques (three No Fences, one Ropin, one In Pieces, one The Hits) (each were label copies presented to different radio stations)
    - Four show-used guitar picks (one he personally handed me during a request at the Wynn in Vegas, one from the Nashville flood shows, two from current tour)
    - Autographed 1993-94 GB crew shirt
    - Every original press US released CD and cassette studio release, including McDonalds collection and Chris Gaines.
    - About 10 promo ads from 1990's releases

If anyone has a rare Lexington poster from this tour, I NEED!!!!!!!!!

But for my collection, I have a black acoustic guitar signed in blue paint pen. I met him in October 2011 after he was inducted into the Nashville Songwriters HOF.

I guess it's not rare (well, unless I get it signed somehow) but I do have a Takamine GB-7C guitar too...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I've been eyeing the GB7c on eBay, even the left hand one listed now. I'm left handed but never picked a lefty before so I don't know if it'd be too hard to switch over now! lol

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    I've been eyeing the GB7c on eBay, even the left hand one listed now. I'm left handed but never picked a lefty before so I don't know if it'd be too hard to switch over now! lol
    yikes- just looked at the listings they've gone up in price! I paid about $1200 for mine and that was about 14 years ago

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    yikes- just looked at the listings they've gone up in price! I paid about $1200 for mine and that was about 14 years ago
    Speaking of which, I'm seeing a lot autographed Telecasters and non-Takamine guitars, and I'm smelling a rat on whether or not he actually signed them.

Quote Originally Posted by etsuwes View Post
    The highlights of my Garth collection

- I have a stage-worn Mo'Betta shirt from 1993-94 tour. Red with black and white splashes across the center.
    - I have six platinum album plaques (three No Fences, one Ropin, one In Pieces, one The Hits) (each were label copies presented to different radio stations)
    - Four show-used guitar picks (one he personally handed me during a request at the Wynn in Vegas, one from the Nashville flood shows, two from current tour)
    - Autographed 1993-94 GB crew shirt
    - Every original press US released CD and cassette studio release, including McDonalds collection and Chris Gaines.
    - About 10 promo ads from 1990's releases
    Good grief. What a collection!

I have never joined in on these conversations because I didn't want to be like, "Look at what I've got". HA! However, since we are talking about it I think I have a few cool items.

- As far as I know, I have every officially released piece of product Garth has ever released at least once. (I haven't bought every new reissue of every album, but I do have several.)
    - I have all 11 double live covers. The first 7 are actually autographed and I know they are legit because I got them autographed myself.
    - Chris Gaines holographic (first edition) autographed. Garth put "Garth Brooks" on one side and on the other he signed "Chris Gaines".
    - Have autographed copies of The Chase, Magic of Christmas (first edition), and Scarecrow (first edition).
    - Have a Mo Betta shirt worn at one of the Cincinnati shows in 1996. He actually ripped the shirt under the arm on the stage and it was sold at a charity auction at the Grand Ole Opry. I grabbed it for $125. No joke!!! Can you believe that! It is also autographed and has the city and year written by Garth on it. It is a muted purple and green color.
    - I have a poster of a photo I took at closing night of the World Tour in College Station, TX in 1998. Got Garth and Trisha both to autograph it.
    - Have an Ireland CD single of "Two Pina Coladas". The CD is actually clover shape.
    - Have a UK edition of No Fences. It has 14 tracks. The 4 extra tracks are the 4 singles off his debut album.
    - I have a ton of bootleg recordings. Most of them are live recordings, but a couple are kind of unique. I have The Hungry Years and also have a couple of really rare things like the alternative version of "The Dance".
    - Have a poster from the 7 Diamond show in Nashville. (I think they gave those out to everyone that attended so not that terribly rare. I was at the show.)
    - I also attended the Ryman show so I have the ticket, laminate, and T-shirt from that concert.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Good grief. What a collection!

I have never joined in on these conversations because I didn't want to be like, "Look at what I've got". HA! However, since we are talking about it I think I have a few cool items.

- As far as I know, I have every officially released piece of product Garth has ever released at least once. (I haven't bought every new reissue of every album, but I do have several.)
    - I have all 11 double live covers. The first 7 are actually autographed and I know they are legit because I got them autographed myself.
    - Chris Gaines holographic (first edition) autographed. Garth put "Garth Brooks" on one side and on the other he signed "Chris Gaines".
    - Have autographed copies of The Chase, Magic of Christmas (first edition), and Scarecrow (first edition).
    - Have a Mo Betta shirt worn at one of the Cincinnati shows in 1996. He actually ripped the shirt under the arm on the stage and it was sold at a charity auction at the Grand Ole Opry. I grabbed it for $125. No joke!!! Can you believe that! It is also autographed and has the city and year written by Garth on it. It is a muted purple and green color.
    - I have a poster of a photo I took at closing night of the World Tour in College Station, TX in 1998. Got Garth and Trisha both to autograph it.
    - Have an Ireland CD single of "Two Pina Coladas". The CD is actually clover shape.
    - Have a UK edition of No Fences. It has 14 tracks. The 4 extra tracks are the 4 singles off his debut album.
    - I have a ton of bootleg recordings. Most of them are live recordings, but a couple are kind of unique. I have The Hungry Years and also have a couple of really rare things like the alternative version of "The Dance".
    - Have a poster from the 7 Diamond show in Nashville. (I think they gave those out to everyone that attended so not that terribly rare. I was at the show.)
    - I also attended the Ryman show so I have the ticket, laminate, and T-shirt from that concert.
    I dare you to send a Tweet to Garth so that way he can reply to you, so you can frame it. For the record I haven't had that happen but I've known people who framed tweets they got from celebrities. But imo, Tweets are nothing compared to me getting a pair of Justin cowboy boots from another Country Singer for Christmas a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post

MetalJesusRocks?
    When we're free to love anyone we choose, when this world's big enough for all different views When we all can worship from our own kind of pew, then we shall be free

Probably my favorite in my collection is the radio promo CD with Friends/Thunder live from TIGB!
    I wouldn't know where to begin to list my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthoholic24 View Post
    MetalJesusRocks?
    he has some good videos gaming wise his review of the Ultima Series (an older video) got me interested in it again, and now I've played through the first 2 again

Hmm.. I guess I also could say a rare item I have is the jukebox vinyl .45 of the live thunder rolls/FILP from back in 1992

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread