+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth has #1 country album on billboard

Garth has #1 country album on billboard

I don't know how many copies he sold but Garth moved to #1 on the Country Album Chart from #2 last chart. Christmas Together moved up 2 spots to #14 and TUH dropped from #27 to #39.
    On the Billboard 200, the Anthology dropped 4 spots to #13 and Christmas Together moved up 2 spots to #100.
    The Holiday Album chart saw Christmas Together move up from #21 to #18. On the Catalog Album chart saw Christmas Together drop 2 spots to #25.
    On the Album chart Anthology moved up 1 spot from #6 to #5.
    And on the Independent Chart, Anthology stayed #1 for the sixth week and Gunslinger dropped from #17 to #27.
    Still a great showing for Garth. I wonder what he will do to keep Anthology on the charts? I didn't see any price lowering like TUC last year. I am as always curious as to how many copies have been sold. With presale and 1st week sales, Anthology should have sold between 400,000 and 500,000 which means Garth has shipped at least 1 million copies so maybe the collection added 5 million to his total. And Christmas Together should be ready to be certified for a million.

Garth's music took a hit on almost every chart he was on last week.
    On the Country Chart Anthology dropped from #1 to #19. TUH drops 3 spots from #39 to #42.
    On the Catalog Chart Christmas Together is at #25 from #23.
    Garth did stay at #1 on the Independent Album Chart with Anthology. That is 7 consecutive weeks at #1.
    The Billboard 200 Chart has Garth dropping from #13 all the way down to #160 with Anthology. Yikes.
    On Top Albums Chart, Anthology dropped to #26 from #5.
    And Christmas Together dropped 18 spots to #36 from #18.
    This was expected but wow. Hopefully he has something up his sleeve to help promote his music. I did see that Anthology had its price lowered for The Limited Edition to $18 and Regular Edition $21. Now the wait to see how he markets the DVD. I think probably a bundle so he can clear the shelves of the book. He probably had 2 million made and has 1.5 million to sell. I am just guessing here.

Does anyone know when the DVD is to be released?

I guess being on tour really had that big of an impact.

According to the latest hits daily double, Garth is not in the top 50, the 50th album sold just 2000 copies, so I think we can say, the Anthology has done its dash.
    The die hards like us, loved it, but we should be honest it really had Zero impact for an Anthology.

That is why I am guessing that with about 500,000 copies sold from probably 2 million shipped, we will see some sort of bundling with the documentary DVD, when volume 2 comes out etc. But we must remember, this is a book not an album release. Books have a longer shelf life, they are not made to run the same cycle as albums do. Coffee table type books can stay around longer than a fiction book from James Patterson. But it would be nice to see copies put on the clearance shelf, I'd pick up a couple extra. I see it having a shelf life at record stores much like other artists boxed sets and anthology's. I honestly think he should have done a Limited Edition numbered set. 1 of xxxx. But it does have possibility's with 4 more chapters coming out. Selling on the Stadium tour and maybe a short residence at the Wynn over the summer, people getting a copy when the new Live album comes out. Or maybe he will flood the market with discounted copies at Target and Wally World. So I think it did well for the die hard fan and some curiosity seekers. The 500,000 estimated sold is a solid number. I woukdn't be surprised if a RIAA announcement of 10 million shipped might be used to entice a few more sales. With Garth you never know. Less than 2000 is what Roughstock shows Gunslinger selling (1,200) after a year on the market. Maybe Anthology will have some staying power.

Garth has only two albums ranked on the charts this week. On the Independent chart Anthology drops from #1 to #3.
    On the Country Album chart Anthology is #44 down from #19 while TUH is #46 down from #42.
    Nothing on Catalog chart or Billboard 200. Still amazed that TUH is still selling so well. He must have shipped a ton of those since it is still around.

I 100% believe, that people got mixed up and bought The Ultimate Hits, thinking it was The Ultimate Collection.
    Thats why TUH has done so well the past couple of years.

+ Reply to Thread