+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Billboard Interview

New Billboard Interview

All sorts of new hints at what is ahead!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...tube-interview

Here are the highlights for me:
    Big announcements will start rolling out in February.

He wants to make a deal with YouTube, but the timeline is uncertain.

On a question about a stadium tour "I can't tell you, but it's so f*cking cool"

On touring Europe and Australia in 2018 "It doesnít look like itís going to be able to be pulled together by then. I gotta tell you, I have a circle to complete and that circle is not getting any nearer"

He's not sure when the live album is coming out. Said decisions have to be made. Whatever that means.

On if there will be another single from Gunslinger "I'm not at liberty to say yet."

Sounds like there is a lot on Garth's plate for 2018 and music seems to be at the forefront. We have an exciting few years ahead of us!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    interesting... I'll say that much!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

As Im reading through this article.. there are some def. interesting points.. a lot of it seems to be 'read between the lines' type of stuff but....

gotta re-read the article multiple times... but this jumped out to me...

[Utilizing] the new technologies without sacrificing the old-school beliefs, those days are getting closer.
    What does that mean?

Individual deals with different technology companies, but built solely on one thing -- what works best for the music and the artist.
    "individual deals with different technology companies... maybe.. JUST MAYBE.. he's seeing the light a little iTunes wise .. I doubt it- highly doubt it but it's possible.. like I said, its' intriguing..

"what works best for the music and the artist"... read between the lines... should be read "what works best for GARTH BROOKS "

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    As Im reading through this article.. there are some def. interesting points.. a lot of it seems to be 'read between the lines' type of stuff but....

gotta re-read the article multiple times... but this jumped out to me...

"individual deals with different technology companies... maybe.. JUST MAYBE.. he's seeing the light a little iTunes wise .. I doubt it- highly doubt it but it's possible.. like I said, its' intriguing..

"what works best for the music and the artist"... read between the lines... should be read "what works best for GARTH BROOKS "
    Yeah, I only pause to consider the move to Apple because of his Amazon deal. I wonder how long the exclusive contract is?

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    All sorts of new hints at what is ahead!

https://www.billboard.com/articles/n...tube-interview

On touring Europe and Australia in 2018 "It doesn’t look like it’s going to be able to be pulled together by then. I gotta tell you, I have a circle to complete and that circle is not getting any nearer"

That is so so disappointing, that Garth cant complete a circle and come to New Zealand and the rest of the world in 2018. My advice is if you cant pull something together in
    four years, then dont call your tour a "World Tour" IMHO after Croke fell through he had NEVER had any intention at all to tour outside North America. Never knew he was that
    bad at drawing circles.

But at least their is a huge announcement coming up in February.

He cant tell us their is a stadium tour in 2019-2021?? he already has.

So no release date for a live album.

He may go on youtube (that would be cool)

Oh sorry for the confusion in my previous post. Just for the people like myself who are bad at geography..., New Zealand and Australia are different countries.

Reads just like most Garth interviews where he uses lots of words to actually say nothing at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AronP24 View Post
    Reads just like most Garth interviews where he uses lots of words to actually say nothing at all.
    now THAT sounds like a country song

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by AronP24 View Post
    To be fair to G, that's an incredible marketing skill of his. He wants announcements to come directly from his social media so his pages get all the hits. Or at least in exclusive interviews about the specific announcement. What good does it do to blab in a general interview?

I sincerely believe there is a reason that Garth does not do a proper World Tour. I don't think he likes being away from home for any extended period of time. He keeps his concerts on the weekends, so he's able to spend weekdays at home. I don't know if he actually flies out each night while he's playing a city, but he certainly could if he wanted, since he has his own plane.

Perhaps he still wants to be close to his girls, and feels that being overseas for any length of time, would infringe upon that.

Now the cost of bringing the tour to Australia/NZ would be significant, I'm not disputing that. But it sounds like he is popular enough there, that he could sell out multiple indoor shows, and probably stadium dates if he wanted to go big instead. What escapes me, is his reluctance to tour Europe. Surely he could sell out enough shows in different targeted countries, to make the transportation cost work.

I know everyone thinks that Garth is very upfront and honest with his fans, but I feel something is definitely missing with regard to his reasons for not playing outside North America. It's almost the year 2018, lots of American bands do so, it's not rocket science. It's not, "we're trying to get there, but we're not wanted." Really? Is it they who can't meet your demands, or you that can't meet their's? I am beginning to think it is the former. Most venues place few demands, because they want the artist to play there.

What I liked about the article was that the questions were one's that we have been asking. It is like the writer read PG or Studio G's comments. I wish the writer could have coaxed out some more meaningful answers but at least the questions are in Garth's face. :-)

I honestly think he think he can't sell outside of the US and Canada

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    I sincerely believe there is a reason that Garth does not do a proper World Tour. I don't think he likes being away from home for any extended period of time. He keeps his concerts on the weekends, so he's able to spend weekdays at home. I don't know if he actually flies out each night while he's playing a city, but he certainly could if he wanted, since he has his own plane.

Perhaps he still wants to be close to his girls, and feels that being overseas for any length of time, would infringe upon that.

Now the cost of bringing the tour to Australia/NZ would be significant, I'm not disputing that. But it sounds like he is popular enough there, that he could sell out multiple indoor shows, and probably stadium dates if he wanted to go big instead. What escapes me, is his reluctance to tour Europe. Surely he could sell out enough shows in different targeted countries, to make the transportation cost work.

I know everyone thinks that Garth is very upfront and honest with his fans, but I feel something is definitely missing with regard to his reasons for not playing outside North America. It's almost the year 2018, lots of American bands do so, it's not rocket science. It's not, "we're trying to get there, but we're not wanted." Really? Is it they who can't meet your demands, or you that can't meet their's? I am beginning to think it is the former. Most venues place few demands, because they want the artist to play there.
    Every major act from other genres have been down to this part of the world. Dixie Chicks got over 20 thousand to an outdoor venue here, Keith Urban and Carrie Underwood sold out an arena here I think, (12 thousand) people. I think he will do well if he toured outside North America, I just dont think his heart is in it.

+ Reply to Thread