+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My Predictions and Hope for 2018

My Predictions and Hope for 2018

MY Predictions

There will be a live album.

There of course will also be a Live Anthology.

The G Alert wont ever be used again.

There will be four or five festivals he will attended.

He will go back to the Wynn.

The doco will be an exclusive to Amazon.

Studio G will continue to be the same, lots of hints of something big coming.

MY HOPE

I hope Garth NEVER NEVER EVER calls one of his future tours a WORLD TOUR again, when he knows full well he
    has no intention of touring outside North America. I hope he doesnt hint that he might go here and there
    in interviews.

His overseas fans like myself, put off travel in the hope that he would make it, we did this because there were always ambiguous moments when he said he wanted to come here, now its too late.

I hope his Live album is a truly live album.

I hope his "anthology Live" contains footage from 1994 of his New Zealand concert and other clips
    that have never been released before.

I hope we may get a new studio album. (im still loving Gunslinger!!!)

I hope there are surprise projects!!

These are my hopes for 2018

1. A surprise international tour. I'm kind of hoping that he was just throwing us off all along. There's nothing happening past April or May. But in reality he'll probably take the summer off and hit the recording studio for a new album or the triple live or whatever.

2. He releases the concerts he recorded on download.

3. He introduces a golden circle to his concerts and give his die hard fans a chance to be close to the stage and stop giving people upgrades that's just there for a night out and who don't know the music all that well. I mean he's losing out on two rows by giving out the upgrades, so he has a VIP ticket where you spend just as much as buying a whole row to yourself.

4. I hope he releases the Vegas recording. It's been a year and a half and feel really shafted how Vegas was so hyped up and along comes Yankee stadium which we saw some four months later.

Upgrades are for people with the same priced tickets as anyone else. Not everyone is available at 10am to try for good seats. Some people are 'stuck' with the upper deck. So I think it's a cool idea...now whether or not you have to be pretty is a whole other topic! Lol
    I'd rather have 4k disc. Living in the country with only Hughes Net sucks and I wouldn't be able to download or stream a whole show. Just stick the disc in and enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Upgrades are for people with the same priced tickets as anyone else. Not everyone is available at 10am to try for good seats. Some people are 'stuck' with the upper deck. So I think it's a cool idea...now whether or not you have to be pretty is a whole other topic! Lol
    I'd rather have 4k disc. Living in the country with only Hughes Net sucks and I wouldn't be able to download or stream a whole show. Just stick the disc in and enjoy!
    You can be online at 10am trying for tickets and you're still not guaranteed good seats. So the time when you get your ticket has nothing to do with it. He has given some rubbish excuse about treating everyone the same and he can't bare the thought of families telling kids that they can't afford a golden circle ticket. In all fairness a hundred dollars or so isn't all that much to charge for a golden circle ticket and let everyone have a better chance of a front row seat instead of hoping to be picked out from 20000 people. It's up to you then if you want a golden circle or a regular ticket. Don't get me started on the VIP tickets it doesn't sit right with his thinking of treating people the same. I'd rather a golden circle at his concerts than his current VIP tickets.

We agree to disagree then. Why let the rich get the first two rows? A hundred bucks might not be much but add parking, food, a tee shirt or $15 coffee mug it's out of reach. Same price, every ticket...or donate $5000 to Teammates For Kids.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    We agree to disagree then. Why let the rich get the first two rows? A hundred bucks might not be much but add parking, food, a tee shirt or $15 coffee mug it's out of reach. Same price, every ticket...or donate $5000 to Teammates For Kids.
    Knowing Garth his golden tickets would probably be cheap. So once you add in all the costs, really what is another 30 dollars or so onto your night. Buts I think this is something we have different views on.

Just reading Facebook that there's new music due in early 2018. I thought he releases new music in November? Makes me think if he has other plans for the second half of the year like touring overseas where he's not in the states to promote new music.

But then last week's interview and he says that he won't have things pulled off for 2018 for an international tour. Not sure why because he had 3 years to pull things off.

My head is wrecked, will he, won't he?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    But then last week's interview and he says that he won't have things pulled off for 2018 for an international tour. Not sure why because he had 3 years to pull things off.

My head is wrecked, will he, won't he?
    How Unbelievably LAME. Love your music and concerts Garth, but you are a pathetic LIAR. Perhaps you should be on Faux News.

You have been Un-Retired for 40 Months. Other U.S. acts manage to put together Overseas dates. Are the people who work for you incompetent?

Stop with the lies about you knocking, and nobody is willing to answer. Stop with the lies about how you can't get a booking anywhere in Ireland. Stop with the lies about how you will suffer great financial hardship by bringing the tour to Europe. It's the year 2018, and a World Tour actually means you have to travel outside the place you never seem to leave...the U.S.

And you know why other U.S. acts play shows in Europe? To increase album sales. You know, the one thing you live for. Perhaps instead of complaining that you have no fans overseas, you actually make an attempt to get some. Concerts sell albums. That's the reason acts have done concerts for decades.

We all get it, it's your way or the highway. Just quit with the sad story about how poor Garth REALLY wants to play overseas, but the world is conspiring against your efforts.

FYI...Sales of Garth's albums overseas do not count towards the RIAA numbers. Those are only North America. That's why you see so many artists with 100 million sold worldwide. There are no actual records for worldwide. The RIAA is most accurate for USA numbers. And I think that is what Garth is focused on. Also I don't understand why people care if he goes overseas. I am greedy. If Garth is going to tour. I want him touring in the USA. I don't want to share him. LOL. Honestly though. I would fight not to go overseas. I know his fans would love to see him but it is pain in the butt. Not everyone is keen on going overseas. I have no urge to visit overseas. It isn't everones cup of tea. Maybe he had a bad experience last time he went over. Who knows? It's his life so i don't begrudge him. JMHO

Heres my thing, and I think I have repeated this a few times.

I wouldnt mind if Garth said "I have no interest in touring overseas, and will only do concerts in North America"

Wouldnt have a issue.

But to say things along the lines of "Its too hard to put together, we have tried, etc etc" (Ireland Croke being a separate issue of course)

Im sorry but that is kinda lame.

I honesty think that the only reason he called this a "WORLD TOUR" because it sounds good from a PR point of view. He had no intention of touring outside North America.

Still if he does come down here in 2019-2020 I would go and be over the moon about it, I just dont see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Heres my thing, and I think I have repeated this a few times.

I wouldnt mind if Garth said "I have no interest in touring overseas, and will only do concerts in North America"

Wouldnt have a issue.

But to say things along the lines of "Its too hard to put together, we have tried, etc etc" (Ireland Croke being a separate issue of course)

Im sorry but that is kinda lame.

I honesty think that the only reason he called this a "WORLD TOUR" because it sounds good from a PR point of view. He had no intention of touring outside North America.

Still if he does come down here in 2019-2020 I would go and be over the moon about it, I just dont see it happening.
    I have to say, when I spoke to him in Newark, I was really taken aback for two reasons. Firstly, he invited the question about taking the tour to Ireland / Europe, and secondly that he was so open with the answer, he usually dances around the answer. I've done some digging since I have come back to Ireland and spoke to somebody who is "in the know"

According to this person, It seems that Garth has been in negotiations for the past 12 months to come back to Ireland and do Croke Park, he wanted to do it in the Summer of 2018. Garth had put the condition in place that anyone who wants a ticket for Croke Park will get one, whether this was one night or five nights, everyone had to be able to get a ticket for the 2018 concerts. After the 2014 debacle, I think he is right, However it seems that Dublin City Council are not willing to accept an open ended proposal such as this one. I can't see either side backing down on this anytime soon. I assume if the Ireland concerts for 2018 had been given the green light, it would have led to other dates in The UK, Europe and maybe further afield.

Personally, I think he should forget Croke Park, there are lots of other outdoor stadiums in Ireland, just look at Ed Sheeran's Irish Tour in 2018. He is playing Phoenix Park in Dublin and Pairc Ui Caoimh in Cork. There is also Aviva Stadium in Dublin and Boucher Fields in Belfast - These are all great venues for Garth. I saw Phil Collins in The Aviva last Summer and it was incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Since he has basically said (or strongly hinted at) that he will be doing a Stadium Tour 2019-2021... I don't see it happening either. But then again... with Garth you never really know.
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I have to say, when I spoke to him in Newark, I was really taken aback for two reasons. Firstly, he invited the question about taking the tour to Ireland / Europe, and secondly that he was so open with the answer, he usually dances around the answer. I've done some digging since I have come back to Ireland and spoke to somebody who is "in the know"

According to this person, It seems that Garth has been in negotiations for the past 12 months to come back to Ireland and do Croke Park, he wanted to do it in the Summer of 2018. Garth had put the condition in place that anyone who wants a ticket for Croke Park will get one, whether this was one night or five nights, everyone had to be able to get a ticket for the 2018 concerts. After the 2014 debacle, I think he is right, However it seems that Dublin City Council are not willing to accept an open ended proposal such as this one. I can't see either side backing down on this anytime soon. I assume if the Ireland concerts for 2018 had been given the green light, it would have led to other dates in The UK, Europe and maybe further afield.

Personally, I think he should forget Croke Park, there are lots of other outdoor stadiums in Ireland, just look at Ed Sheeran's Irish Tour in 2018. He is playing Phoenix Park in Dublin and Pairc Ui Caoimh in Cork. There is also Aviva Stadium in Dublin and Boucher Fields in Belfast - These are all great venues for Garth. I saw Phil Collins in The Aviva last Summer and it was incredible.
    He might have to accept three nights in Croke Park and play other stadiums in Cork, Limerick, Kilkenny and Belfast. That should surely make up for the 400,000 demand from 2014.

On Dublin's part, seriously would 5 nights (total) be much at all for 2019, considering they allowed 4 concerts in 2009 and allowed 6 to happen for 2014 (half didn't happen because they were Garth's but they still allowed 6. But were originally up for all 8 for the year). The residents issues has been sorted, or so I thought. So aren't they good to go with 5 concerts?

When I read in another thread here, that he tried to get something going for Ireland for 2018 but it didn't work out, it didn't sit well with me.

It didn't sit well with me because he's been talking for a long time about taking the tour over seas. Taylor Swift has two slots in Croke Park. No body knows how far in advance that would have been booked. Michael Buble has one slot. Michael Buble wasn't gigging because his son had cancer. News came out last April or May with good news from the doctors on that. I doubt Michael Buble received that news and decided to go back gigging straight away. The one slot in Croke Park would have taken some months to organise so there would have been one free slot there in Croke Park for a long time for Garth to snap up if he wished.

It's great to read this and get an insight into what exactly isn't working for concerts in Ireland.

First of all, I'm glad the council is putting their foot down. Garth would like a never ending supply of gigs at Croke Park until demands for tickets dries up whether that's for one night or five. If Garth and his Irish promoter came out and advertised 'Garth returns to Croke Park' for 3/4/5 nights - it's something I know for me, I would be very apprehensive about because it would be taking on the shape of 2014. Everybody all around would be looking for a guarantee that the gigs would go ahead. The council cannot give that due to public events licensing laws and an application for such would be open to the public for submissions and objections. The council cannot give the go ahead for something like this.

What makes Garth think he would even sell five concerts again at Croke Park?
    The 2014 shows, he was coming out from retirement and they were due to be a one off special. A precursor to his world tour. There were people coming from abroad for them gigs. An influx of people coming in from abroad would never happen again, especially if he takes the tour to the UK and beyond. Some people might come from abroad but not the same level as 2014. I know many people who turned against him too after that and I think he would be lucky if he sells three nights at Croke Park.

Garth always came across as sincere to me but now I'm questioning that. I remember in a TV interview in January 2014 he said 'if you want more, we'll find a way'. Now with this, he's coming across so unbelievably fake. There's other places in Ireland to play.

Since 2014, I wished he would come back to Ireland. I knew he was concentrating on American and I thought he would get something going for 2018. I feel deflated reading this and at this stage, I don't know how I would feel if he was to come back to Ireland. The time frame is too long 2014-2019, that's five years. Other bands gets a proper world tour under their belts in 2-3 years. Right now I'm thinking 'F*** him' and I would find it very hard to go for a ticket and support him.

I meant to quote djryan above. My post is in response to his reply.

If one is willing to give Garth the benefit of the doubt, you could say he's been honest up to this point that he wanted to finish the North American cities first, and has been busy with those for the last 3 summers. Hence, no real possibility of heading overseas for shows. Not the news fans over there would want to hear, but believable, since he really hasn't taken a break during that 39 month stretch.

But now, his words sound like another certain someone in this country, essentially Lies that he perhaps is even beginning to believe himself. Then, also like this other individual, he changes the storyline and makes up new lies, completely ignoring reality, in order to form an alternate reality in the minds of those he is addressing. Who are you going to believe, Garth or your lying eyes?

Reading a recent interview that was posted on these boards, I am interpreting his words as saying that he wants to play multiple nights at Croke Park, and nothing less will do. It does not sound like he has any intention of doing a Springsteen like tour of Ireland. He may just want to hit Croke Park and nowhere else. Since Croke Park cannot commit to 5 shows, which may be what Garth is after, a deal has been impossible to achieve.

It's possible that he refuses to bring the tour to Europe, until he has those Croke Park shows locked down, hence the lack of any other dates in places like England, Germany, Sweden, etc. Places where he is certainly popular enough to sell out shows.

If I were to interpret his recent interview, and I've been completely wrong about everything thus far, is that he will perform some festival shows in Europe this summer, before returning in 2019 or 2020 for Stadium dates of his own. He seemed to indicate he liked the idea of building interest through festival appearances, which could be drawn upon when he comes back with his regular non-festival show. Maybe his model works if the Europe dates are part of a larger Stadium tour, which would include U.S. and perhaps Australia, rather than bringing his smaller stage setup to Europe/Australia and having a longer set of dates. He can only have to do a single show or maybe 2 in certain cities, condensing the length of time traveling through Europe.

I still cant get over the fact that Garth is the only artist in the history of Music, who cant throw together shows outside of his own country or Canada, it seems to be toohard for him.

Its not that hard really, you dont have to be a stable genius to do it, just have your finger on the button and get it done.

Im sorry but it's excuse after excuse, he simply needed to say "Not interested in touring here" and it would be fine, he shouldnt have dropped hints for the past few years
    that he would, if that wasnt his intention.

Now that the American run of gigs have come to an end, if what djryan above says is true, the only reason Ireland isn't going to get a look in with GB concerts is because of his ego and that's all it is. He could still meet demand in multiple venues like a Bruce Springsteen style tour of Ireland but that probably doesn't sound as great as '5 nights in Croke Park'.

Lets face it, if he really wanted to tour Ireland/rest of Europe/ Asia/OZ/NZ, he could, if he doesnt want to, no problem with that.

But he really needs to stop saying, how hard it is, or hes been trying to put something together, that is BS.

Its not hard at all, as I said before, EVERY Single artist in the history of universe has managed to do it.

Heck the rolling stones came down to NZ in the 60's, heck they came to our most remote city, a city that most kiwis dont even
    want to visit.

So in 2018 if Garth hasnt got the ability to organize something in the biggest cities in europe, then there is something extremely wrong with
    his management team or he is a liar.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 01-06-2018 at 07:19 PM.

Garth Brooks Believers on Facebook made this post about Garth touring in 2019/2020 and this paragraph stood out to me.

>> Don't be alarmed if in 2019 or 2020 Garth starts a new tour... The Garth Brooks STADIUM TOUR. He has said he loves how Kenny Chesney and his team have worked the stadium tours and may mimic what he's done.<<

So Garth is looking to do what another artists has done. Maybe he is learning that other people have good ideas and maybe he will look at this perspective when he is working on the marketing with his albums.
    I think this will be cool if he does a stadium tour. Bigger crowds, chance to pick up new fans, sell more music to these new fans. The possibilities are endless. Can you imagine 80,000 in the Rose Bowl singing along to his music. It was fantastic when I saw U2 there.

Remember all those "G" mails The end of the North America Leg of the world tour"

To me that meant one thing.

His next concerts will be outside of the USA.

NOT

"well we have been trying"

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Garth Brooks Believers on Facebook made this post about Garth touring in 2019/2020 and this paragraph stood out to me.

>> Don't be alarmed if in 2019 or 2020 Garth starts a new tour... The Garth Brooks STADIUM TOUR. He has said he loves how Kenny Chesney and his team have worked the stadium tours and may mimic what he's done.<<

So Garth is looking to do what another artists has done. Maybe he is learning that other people have good ideas and maybe he will look at this perspective when he is working on the marketing with his albums.
    I think this will be cool if he does a stadium tour. Bigger crowds, chance to pick up new fans, sell more music to these new fans. The possibilities are endless. Can you imagine 80,000 in the Rose Bowl singing along to his music. It was fantastic when I saw U2 there.
    Rose bowl would be a great place to see him live.

I did some searching online and I found this article from last week:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/i...come-plhvfbwg2

Its from the newspaper - 'the times'. If you click on it, you can read the first few paragraphs and then you have to sign up to read the rest. I signed up and it's free.

There's nothing new here. Djryan got in here first in relation to this. Basically saying he wants Croke Park. Some excuse of making what went wrong in 2014 right.

It goes on to say, taking the tour elsewhere to Europe and Australia depends on Ireland. This I can somewhat understand. He may be worried about not selling well in mainland Europe due to being away for so long and it has to be financially feasible.

I find it astonishing how he's leaving the ball in Ireland's court for an international tour. Like, throwing blame onto Ireland for the lack of an international tour.

Its complete rubbish in my books. There's other places to play in Ireland. In the article, it says - making things right over what went wrong in 2014. What's right about demanding Dublin city council provides a never ending supply of slots until ticket demands dries up? That's not right. Or what's right about going down the same route of 2014 and trying to put on 5 gigs with 3 slots taken already in Croke Park? That would fill any remaining Irish fans with complete unease.

Quote Originally Posted by Picot View Post

Its from the newspaper - 'the times'. If you click on it, you can read the first few paragraphs and then you have to sign up to read the rest. I signed up and it's free.

There's nothing new here. Djryan got in here first in relation to this. Basically saying he wants Croke Park. Some excuse of making what went wrong in 2014 right.

It goes on to say, taking the tour elsewhere to Europe and Australia depends on Ireland. This I can somewhat understand. He may be worried about not selling well in mainland Europe due to being away for so long and it has to be financially feasible.

I find it astonishing how he's leaving the ball in Ireland's court for an international tour. Like, throwing blame onto Ireland for the lack of an international tour.

Its complete rubbish in my books. There's other places to play in Ireland. In the article, it says - making things right over what went wrong in 2014. What's right about demanding Dublin city council provides a never ending supply of slots until ticket demands dries up? That's not right. Or what's right about going down the same route of 2014 and trying to put on 5 gigs with 3 slots taken already in Croke Park? That would fill any remaining Irish fans with complete unease.
    Well technically these Irishmen were in the wrong from the moment they threatened riots on the Dublin streets if those concerts went through. As far as me is concerned, if he were to do an international tour, he should leave Dublin in the dust and maybe focus on going to London, Hamburg, Sydney or even Tokyo for that matter.

And no this is not a blanket blame on our Irish friends, I'm talking about the people who were threatening riots because they wouldn't get their precious pub at Croke Park.

WTF?????????????????????

Ya kidding me?????

I hadnt read that before.

Is Garth saying, that if Ireland doesnt work out, he wont do Europe/OZ/NZ.

Hes putting the ball in Ireland's court???

That is not cemented in reality!!

It depends on Ireland if he plays anywhere else outside North America??

You know what needs to happen, next time he does a press conference, Journalists need to stop throwing cute little softball questions about Trisha's fried chicken
    or how people in this city really sing and ask him hard questions and if he replies...

"Cant say anything publicly yet, but see me after the conference"

the reporter needs to reply,

"Then why the F*** did you call a press conference"

If Garth really did say "It depends on Ireland" then that is the dumbest statement he has ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    Well technically these Irishmen were in the wrong from the moment they threatened riots on the Dublin streets if those concerts went through. As far as me is concerned, if he were to do an international tour, he should leave Dublin in the dust and maybe focus on going to London, Hamburg, Sydney or even Tokyo for that matter.

And no this is not a blanket blame on our Irish friends, I'm talking about the people who were threatening riots because they wouldn't get their precious pub at Croke Park.
    Yep, hes talked the talk, now its time to walk the walk.
    Theres a big wide world out there, go out and play it!!

What makes Garth think he would even sell five concerts again at Croke Park?
    The 2014 shows, he was coming out from retirement and they were due to be a one off special. A precursor to his world tour. There were people coming from abroad for them gigs. An influx of people coming in from abroad would never happen again, especially if he takes the tour to the UK and beyond. Some people might come from abroad but not the same level as 2014. I know many people who turned against him too after that and I think he would be lucky if he sells three nights at Croke Park.
    I have to disagree with you here. I am so certain that Garth could EASILY sell five nights at Croke Park. LOTS of people would still come to see him there from abroad. But I guess we'll never know...
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I have not checked other countries charts, but Ask Me How I Know has begun to work up the Australian radio charts. It entered at #38 this week. I had heard G wants his team to promote it overseas so he can be seen as a current artist over there. I predict an Aussie tour stop this year!

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    I have not checked other countries charts, but Ask Me How I Know has begun to work up the Australian radio charts. It entered at #38 this week. I had heard G wants his team to promote it overseas so he can be seen as a current artist over there. I predict an Aussie tour stop this year!
    That sounds promising. If he brings the tour to Australia, Europe would have to be on the cards as well.

+ Reply to Thread