+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Predictions and Hope for 2018

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    I have not checked other countries charts, but Ask Me How I Know has begun to work up the Australian radio charts. It entered at #38 this week. I had heard G wants his team to promote it overseas so he can be seen as a current artist over there. I predict an Aussie tour stop this year!
    He wants to market as a current artist, but y'all know that if he went there, he would play 1 new song at the most.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    I have not checked other countries charts, but Ask Me How I Know has begun to work up the Australian radio charts. It entered at #38 this week. I had heard G wants his team to promote it overseas so he can be seen as a current artist over there. I predict an Aussie tour stop this year!
    Just curious, where did you find that? Checked a few charts and could not find it.

Quote Originally Posted by 18hundert48 View Post
    Just curious, where did you find that? Checked a few charts and could not find it.
    Done a search and it's on countrytrackschart.com.au

Oh, thanks! Well then its not really meaningful I think. Dont wan't to offend anybody but Australia's Countrycharts aren't a key indicator to me...

Quote Originally Posted by 18hundert48 View Post
    Oh, thanks! Well then its not really meaningful I think. Dont wan't to offend anybody but Australia's Countrycharts aren't a key indicator to me...
    It’s only an indicator for me because he’s the only American on the chart.

Apparently big John done an interview and he hinted at Australia in the spring time. It's looking very likely that there will be some kind of an international tour.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Apparently big John done an interview and he hinted at Australia in the spring time. It's looking very likely that there will be some kind of an international tour.
    Spring in the USA?

Or spring in OZ and NZ??

Its currently smack bang in the middle of summer here.

Our next spring is not till October.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Spring in the USA?

Or spring in OZ and NZ??

Its currently smack bang in the middle of summer here.

Our next spring is not till October.
    I'm not sure what they meant. My guess spring in USA because we don't really think October is spring. Garth is pretty much finished in April, isn't he. So he's free in May. Whenever it is, there's two very strong rumours. So I'm hoping he doesn't ignore Europe because of Ireland's mess.

I am guessing that Garth will release the DVD from the Anthology around March. I am guessing here but I think he has 1.5 million Anthology's to sell ( He sold somewhere around 4-5 hundred thousand and I am guessing he shipped a million of each. I think he will probably do some kind of bundle and special packaging. This will follow with the Live Album just before summer and new live single. Probably somewhere around the time of Houston and Stagecoach. Then in the fall, the second Anthology to help with sales of the Live album. I see a short term stay at the Wynn. Then I see one more go round for Christmas Together in the fall. As for overseas, I see a Wynn type show. Only Garth and Tricia. That way Garth can see how he is received before planning a World Tour. These are my prdictions for 20118. :-)

I don't know what a DVD from the anthology would even consist of? At best it would be early video of him on stage but knowing garth it would be all his videos for that time period we already have.

I agree the second and live version of the Anthology comes out in November

I think a live album comes out this year at some point but lets get real here it will be double live with a few new songs

I think he also has a new album drop this year or hope he does. I had read he had 6 songs already done for a new album so lets hope so. He has to get new music out their and jump on the hot train while he can. I love W2W but it will not do good on the charts and the only other single on gunslinger he could put out would be weekend but not sure that would do good.

I am going to hope and pray the live single is Girl going nowhere. I just love how he sings it and it would be really good to hear. He said in the video of it that he has something new so gives me hope he will record it

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I don't know what a DVD from the anthology would even consist of? At best it would be early video of him on stage but knowing garth it would be all his videos for that time period we already have.
    I think all the little interview snippets of him talking about the various songs that he showed on Facebook and on his website when the Anthology first came out are part of a larger documentary that will likely make up the crux of the DVD. It could also include the songwriters thingy he did at the little cafe a few months ago. I know they filmed it.

I think we'll also see the interview with Tanya Tucker regarding the Thunder Rolls that was filmed a couple of years ago.

We're almost into March and still have no news on what he's doing this year. A little tease with an only garth 2018. But that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    We're almost into March and still have no news on what he's doing this year. A little tease with an only garth 2018. But that's it.
    Correct me if Iím wrong, but was it not said that big news was coming in February? Iím willing to give it a few more days, but if we donít hear something next week it is just one more example of hyping only to get no payoff. An announcement of an announcement coming in a month or two isnít big news in my mind.

An announcement of an announcement coming in a month or two isn’t big news in my mind.
    Would that surprise you?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Would that surprise you?
    hehe with Garth? it absolutely....
    would not surprise me at all
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong, but was it not said that big news was coming in February? I’m willing to give it a few more days, but if we don’t hear something next week it is just one more example of hyping only to get no payoff. An announcement of an announcement coming in a month or two isn’t big news in my mind.
    I take everything with a pinch of salt now. If he said February, he means November.

I thought the latest was that he's working on stuff and that, if it comes together, they'd announce it in a 2-3 months?

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    I thought the latest was that he's working on stuff and that, if it comes together, they'd announce it in a 2-3 months?
    So February turns into May. Might as well add another month or two for good measure, so August we might get some kind of news.

He may at the next studio G, Hint that he hes going to Hint in the following weeks studio G.

Its going to be a Pre-Hint.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    He may at the next studio G, Hint that he hes going to Hint in the following weeks studio G.

Its going to be a Pre-Hint.
    Hints of when he'll next hint about when the next announcement of a future announcement is going to be... ??? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Isle View Post
    Hints of when he'll next hint about when the next announcement of a future announcement is going to be... ??? haha
    hehe, we laugh, but its actually getting to that level now.

+ Reply to Thread