+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Saving country music piece on Garth repacking

Saving country music piece on Garth repacking

Brutal piece, Im halfway thru reading the comments and have to say, there are more
    supportive comments on Garth than I thought there would be at that site.

https://www.savingcountrymusic.com/g...comment-931330

After the CMA's and Miranda Lambert thing, I decided to quit coming over there period. The commenters over there are getting too full of themselves for my liking.

Sounds like it's not even worth clicking on. We know why we love G

In the USA, the best country in the world
    it's worth clicking on (with full disclosure that I haven't read the article YET) simply because it's another way of looking at things- not saying that you have to agree with what's being said- but 'not worth even clicking on' because it says something you may not like or agree with.. rings out a 'sticking your fingers in your ears' type of mindset...

besides- how ya gonna show them wrong if we dont' read it? (just a first thought thing)
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

That guy is a total loser. People on the Pulse forum loathe him as well. Not worth giving a click to.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ok PG wouldn't let me edit anymore so..

*****. ok I read the article. *******

I'd have to go and fact check but I think he's trying to be smarmy and a 'shock jock' type of editorialist... don't think he has all his facts right... will have to check.. but if he's trying to stoke the flames of some of the rabid garth fans, he'll succeed.. which is just what the article wants..

Garth's not the master of repackaging- that honor falls more at KISS's feet than Garth's
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I think it is funny he didn't back his blog with info about other artists who do the same thing in country music. Country music has been repacking music for decades (all genres have through the years but country...) yet Garth gets singled out. Honestly, how many times has Dolly released I Will Always Love You? How about Johnny Cash and Folsom Prison or Ring of Fire? Yes, these are artists who had long careers but 30 years is pretty long in today's music. Plus how many compilations have artists have been part of. Garth doesn't let to much of his music show up in compilations. I read the article and wasn't riled up. Garth is going to do what he wants and just enjoy what you want.

"The Gunsligner!?" Clearly he needs to fact check!

+ Reply to Thread