+ Reply to Thread

Thread: *SPOILER ALERT* - Reviews for Nashville Shows

*SPOILER ALERT* - Reviews for Nashville Shows

Please post your reviews and experiences from the Nashville shows here.

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I live in Nashville and am going to the entire run and I have to say last night's opening show was pretty epic! It was my 28th full show and I have to say there was something magical in the air. Obviously, Garth shows are always great, but there was just something a little extra going on last night. At one point Garth even stated that this was the best opening night of his career. During his speech at the end of "The Dance" he said something like this: I don't know if your life is like this, but I always find that whenever I really look forward to something I always end up disappointed. We have looked forward to this city for a very, very long time and I couldn't have imagined it would be like this. Again, that is a paraphrase, but you get the idea.

If this Nashville run holds to form, where the shows get a little better, longer and more high energy as the run progresses I can't imagine what it is going to be like by the end. Like I said, there was just something magical in the air. Encore was amazing too.

12/9/2017
    1. Baby Let's Lay Dance and Dance
    2. Rodeo
    3. Two of a Kind
    4. Beaches of Cheyenne
    5. The River
    6. Two Pina Coladas
    7. Papa Loved Mama
    8. Ain't Goin' Down
    9. Unanswered Prayers
    10. That Summer
    11. Ask Me How I Know
    12. The Thunder Rolls
    13. In Another's Eyes
    14. X's and O's
    15. How Do I Live
    16. Wrong Side of Memphis
    17. She's In Love With The Boy
    18. Shameless
    19. Callin' Baton Rouge
    20. Friends In Low Places
    21. The Dance
    25. To Make You Feel My Love
    26. You Move Me
    27. Ireland
    28. Don't Close Your Eyes
    29. Amarillo By Morning
    30. Standing Outside The Fire

That whole encore sounds awesome! Any of them whole songs or just parts like usual Housecleaning? This Ain't Tennessee was always one of my favorite songs.

Great review. i'd love to hear how each is sounding different as the run of shows continues. I'll be there the last 2 shows of the tour.
    "Just keep taking chances and having fun."

Have to say last night was good. Similar set list to above. With the encore he sang

Which One of Them
    The Red Strokes
    The Change
    To Make You Feel My Love (he brought Trisha out and had her sit on the stage and he sang it to her for their anniversary)
    Walkaway Joe
    Fishing In The Dark (which was recorded for a live album)
    Standing Outside the Fire
    American Pie

I think there might be one or two I'm forgetting. But it was a good night even with crap seats. I'm looking forward to next weekend to do it all over again. In the meantime I'm doing some tourist things in Nashville which is a pretty cool city from what I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    That whole encore sounds awesome! Any of them whole songs or just parts like usual Housecleaning? This Ain't Tennessee was always one of my favorite songs.
    Typical housecleaning. “To Make You Feel My Love” and “Amarillo By Morning” were full if memory is right. Jimmy played fiddle on “Amarillo”.

I love just them two doing Amarillo together live!!!! I've been lucky enough to see it 2 or 3 times. I would love an MP3 of it someday...

Working today so don’t have time for a big review. I will say last night had that same epic feel to it. Something magical on this Nashville run. Core setlist was the same except he dropped “Beaches” and added “If Tomorrow Never Comes” after “Unanswered Prayers”.
    Encore was (in this order):
    Which One of Them
    The Red Strokes
    We Shall Be Free (full band)
    Fishin’ in the Dark (full band)
    The Change (acapella)
    To Make You Feel My Love
    Walkaway Joe
    Much Too Young (full band)
    SOTF (full band)
    American Pie

Thanks for the reviews! Great!
    I have arrived in Nashville and I cannot wait for Friday!!! (& Saturday & Sunday!)
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

This is kinda cool... Ned Ledoux is going to be one of Garth's opening acts on Friday. Wish I could be there, his Sagebrush CD is fantastic.

+ Reply to Thread