+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio G 12-4-17

Studio G 12-4-17

Did I hear him right when he answered the question on a Gospel album and said that he and Trisha were currently cutting a duet album?

Missed Studio G today, hes going to do a duet album with Trisha?

Will there be a limited edition.

Will there be a exclusive edition.

Will there be a edition at one store that if you buy it you get another album free.

Will the download from amazon prime have one extra songs.

Anyway, a duet album would be cool.

I haven't gone back and watched the recorded version of it. But when watching it live, it sounded like he let it slip that they are currently working on a duet right now. That's all that he said.

Count me as one against a duets album. I enjoy an occasional duet, but don't need an entire album of it. Garth needs to ride the momentum of AMHIK and release a new solo single to radio in the next month.

It comes out the same week as The Anthology Part 6: Writing the Anthology

I loved the shirt. Be cool if he did some retro shirts from the past.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    Count me as one against a duets album. I enjoy an occasional duet, but don't need an entire album of it. Garth needs to ride the momentum of AMHIK and release a new solo single to radio in the next month.

I agree 100%. I have said it before and I will say it again stop cramming Trisha down our throats. I would rather have a duets album with several different artist not all just her. I think you are right get a new album out asap. Radio is now watching and you have a chance to get back on top stop screwing around with duet albums

Are listening Tim and Faith? Lol

Wow, I love Mitch's version of AMHIK!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Mitch's version was ok- not TERRIBLY different than Garth's but it was good
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I think there's a reason though why Garth cut it and we're not hearing Mitch's version on the radio. But he is talented.

Yeah this was an example of Garth's version being better than the songwriter. But if Mitch made his own version for an album, I wouldn't complain either.

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I agree 100%. I have said it before and I will say it again stop cramming Trisha down our throats. I would rather have a duets album with several different artist not all just her. I think you are right get a new album out asap. Radio is now watching and you have a chance to get back on top stop screwing around with duet albums
    First off, they really need to think about letting her make her own solo album again, I don't think Heaven, Heartache, and the Power of Love was a bad album but I'm getting hungry for some new stuff from her. Second, if there's one thing I'll give Garth credit for, it's rejecting the idea of a Gospel duets album and keeping the gospel stuff in his songs like Unanswered Prayers and Thicker than Blood. That's one album of Garth I will not buy.
    Last edited by ElectricOutcast; 12-06-2017 at 03:11 PM.

[QUOTE/]. That's one album of Garth I will not buy.[/QUOTE]
    That's one album I'd definitely buy...

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    First off, they really need to think about letting her make her own solo album again, I don't think Heaven, Heartache, and the Power of Love was a bad album but I'm getting hungry for some new stuff from her. Second, if there's one thing I'll give Garth credit for, it's rejecting the idea of a Gospel duets album and keeping the gospel stuff in his songs like Unanswered Prayers and Thicker than Blood. That's one album of Garth I will not buy.
    I liked Garth's answer to it. He's humble. I know Reba has hers out. But to me, it seems a bit hypocritical when one of her hit songs glamorized the life of a prostitute. Garth has too many drinking and premarital sex songs out to be taken seriously on Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I know Reba has hers out. But to me, it seems a bit hypocritical when one of her hit songs glamorized the life of a prostitute.
    I have an idea what song you're talking about, but I don't think it was necessarily glamorizing it, I think it told a good story of how that dying mother felt like she didn't have any other alternative to help her daughter out but to make her sell herself on the streets. I think the hidden message behind that song was if there was another way, she would've done it.

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I have an idea what song you're talking about, but I don't think it was necessarily glamorizing it, I think it told a good story of how that dying mother felt like she didn't have any other alternative to help her daughter out but to make her sell herself on the streets. I think the hidden message behind that song was if there was another way, she would've done it.

I agree with what you are saying about it. But, why not a song that talked about someone who chose not to go that path and became successful? I grew up in a culture where some of my friends were not allowed to listen to that song because of that.
    Last edited by garthcop; 12-07-2017 at 03:41 PM. Reason: forget to type a word

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    . That's one album of Garth I will not buy.
    That's one album I'd definitely buy...
    Absoultely- though I'm not a strict fan of gospel music, I really (for example) enjoyed both of Alan Jackson's Hymns albums (forget the names of the albums themselves per se)..

I'm not a huge fan of Garth/Trisha Duets as a whole but dep. on the song choices that's one I'd def. buy too.

Nothing wrong with 'the gospel stuff' as you mentioned there.. I can think of God being mentioned in more than those two songs really... kinda a nice thing about Garth, even though I don't tend to think he falls inside the realms of traditional christianity- I could be wrong

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I liked Garth's answer to it. He's humble. I know Reba has hers out. But to me, it seems a bit hypocritical when one of her hit songs glamorized the life of a prostitute. Garth has too many drinking and premarital sex songs out to be taken seriously on Gospel.
    it drinking/premarital sex songs were caveats for not being taken seriously on the Gospel... you'd have to throw out a large portion of artists wouldn't' you?

honestly, though? Garth does mention the Lord in multiple songs- not always as he should MAYBE? but still, he is mentioned...

is Garth a strict christian singer though? nope..

re: Reba - are you referring to Fancy? I haven't ever pictured the lady in that song as a prostitute per se but after looking at the lyrics again- dang, your'e right

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

it drinking/premarital sex songs were caveats for not being taken seriously on the Gospel... you'd have to throw out a large portion of artists wouldn't' you?

Yes....Notice these things are done once artists careers are at the end or they are past their prime and trying to still make music and be relevant, like Reba and Alan Jackson. It's trying to take advantage of a certain sub population.

Elvis wasn't at an end when he released his gospel music. I think artists wait until they feel they can do it without turning off fans. I personally don't listen to very much gospel music. I have some of Johnny Cash and Family's stuff etc. For me, I'd buy Garth is he did it but I don't think he has a gospel voice.

I like the idea of a good size album. The thought of having a different subject matter than traditional country songs to pick from. That's why I liked Blame on my roots and now his Christmas music. I wouldn't mind throwing a Christian one in the mix...
    As far as Fancy and songs like that, it's country , it's really just telling a story, not really promoting it...Now if radio plays something over and over and over again it does feel like they are promoting the premarital sex and drinking.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Elvis wasn't at an end when he released his gospel music. I think artists wait until they feel they can do it without turning off fans. I personally don't listen to very much gospel music. I have some of Johnny Cash and Family's stuff etc. For me, I'd buy Garth is he did it but I don't think he has a gospel voice.
    I would say Elvis was another time and era and not a fair comparison. Society is different today. Just look at church attendance now compared to then. It would have been more mainstream then. Not so much now. When secular artist make a Gospel album, they are usually appealing towards the baby boomer generation to keep their career alive. There are a few exceptions like Lady Antebellum s female singer.

Give Garth 10 to 15 years. He could be super sentimental and pop a Gospel album out.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    I'd buy Garth is he did it but I don't think he has a gospel voice.
    in the strict type of 'gospel' tradition... I think you're probably right here...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    As far as Fancy and songs like that, it's country , it's really just telling a story, not really promoting it...Now if radio plays something over and over and over again it does feel like they are promoting the premarital sex and drinking.
    well put bitter- it's telling a story..... that's one of the great things about country music- a lot of the songs tell stories... some aren't all positive and thats ok too- but they are 'real life' as it were... good point

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Thanks! I always liked the description of a "good country song" always played out like a 3 minute movie!

+ Reply to Thread