+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: It's Official, Garth's Single, AMHIK is #1

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,586

    It's Official, Garth's Single, AMHIK is #1


  2. #2
    Good for Garth!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    6,512
    good to hear!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,332
    Yay! I really like this song, so I'm thrilled for him and Mitch.

  5. #5
    Thatís great! There were a lot of naysayers when this song was released. Glad to hear he beat the expectations again!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ossipee, NH
    Posts
    375
    So this is actually his 20th #1 because this chart didn't start tabulating until around the time "The Dance" came out being how that was his second #1. Of course there are other #1's from other charts like Not Counting You, Rodeo, Callin' Baton Rouge, She's Gonna Make It, You Move Me all hit #1 in Canada Country while not on this chart. And Chris Gaines hit #1 on Canada's Adult Contemporary. Not to mention however many Christmas songs of his hit #1. I sense a #1's compilation with either the 20 or 25 country songs of his.
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    In the USA, the best country in the world
    Posts
    6,512
    So you also then have #1's in the 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s... 4 decades for Garth
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

    I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

    My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    So this is actually his 20th #1 because this chart didn't start tabulating until around the time "The Dance" came out being how that was his second #1. Of course there are other #1's from other charts like Not Counting You, Rodeo, Callin' Baton Rouge, She's Gonna Make It, You Move Me all hit #1 in Canada Country while not on this chart. And Chris Gaines hit #1 on Canada's Adult Contemporary. Not to mention however many Christmas songs of his hit #1. I sense a #1's compilation with either the 20 or 25 country songs of his.
    In the traditional history of country music we will have The Number One's, Garth's 20 Biggest Hits, 4 Decades of Hits.....It will be interesting to see all the compilations that will come once Garth slows down and they find reasons to release his music in different variations.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Sevens View Post
    Thatís great! There were a lot of naysayers when this song was released. Glad to hear he beat the expectations again!
    I gotta confess, even though I did say I would support it, I hadn't been calling my radio station because I don't know if they still take phone calls.

  10. #10
    Very thrilled to see this. I was one of the ones who doubted that this would happen. So happy to say that I was wrong. Maybe radio will start respecting him again. He needs to work on releasing his next studio album lol

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,437
    Congrats to Garth. I am not a big fan of this song. But I know it sounds better live. I am looking forward to hearing it in Nashville next week!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I gotta confess, even though I did say I would support it, I hadn't been calling my radio station because I don't know if they still take phone calls.
    None of the stations here do

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    LA/Long Beach area
    Posts
    1,586
    I always post stuff on the station's Facebook page. Sometimes they answer. I always try to keep them in the loop on Garth news.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts