+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Possible Next Single to be Live?

Possible Next Single to be Live?

I haven't listened to many recent interviews so don't know if this was mentioned in one of them; I wonder if Tacoma might be in the running. According to an article in The Boot (http://theboot.com/garth-brooks-live-album-2018/), ""With the tour ending, a lot of the live stuffís now coming to a boil," Brooks shared with The Boot and other reporters at a recent media event. "I think the next song, if itís something off a record youíve heard or if itís brand-new, I think itís going to be a live version, because I want to bring that energy to radio, too, as well. I love to capture what goes on onstage and get it on the radio waves.""

This could also be his reasoning behind opting for releasing the Live volume of the Anthology next instead of "The Rest of the 90s."

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Paula View Post
    I haven't listened to many recent interviews so don't know if this was mentioned in one of them; I wonder if Tacoma might be in the running. According to an article in The Boot (http://theboot.com/garth-brooks-live-album-2018/), ""With the tour ending, a lot of the live stuffís now coming to a boil," Brooks shared with The Boot and other reporters at a recent media event. "I think the next song, if itís something off a record youíve heard or if itís brand-new, I think itís going to be a live version, because I want to bring that energy to radio, too, as well. I love to capture what goes on onstage and get it on the radio waves.""

This could also be his reasoning behind opting for releasing the Live volume of the Anthology next instead of "The Rest of the 90s."

Paula
    The next Anthology is going to be the live one, could that mean there will be on live album at all?? he may not want to release a live album and a Live Anthology in like a 12 month span of each other.

Maybe the live anthology has a brand new full live album in it.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHawk View Post
    Maybe the live anthology has a brand new full live album in it.
    I think you are probably right. I suspect we are going to get a new live album in the Anthology OR there will be a new live album separately released around the same time as the Anthology and they will be bundled together which seems to be a new favorite method for him.

This is pure speculation, but I actually think his strategy changed at some point this past year. The way he talked about the live album it seemed pretty certain it was coming out this year. If I'm not mistaken in one presser he even stated that the tour was coming to an end and they wanted to have it out around that time. This shouldn't be a surprise because that is EXACTLY what happened with Double Live. It was literally released the week that the World Tour was ending.

What makes me think the strategy changed is because of that. He was so openly talking about it and then the talk just stopped and turned to the Anthology. I've got a gut feeling when they mapped out the Anthology this past year and decided they were doing a live one that he decided to change his course and add the live album either to the Anthology or release it around that same time to help sales of both. (Think about it, Double Live is his highest certified album so he probably knows he can get some mileage, certification wise, out of it if he plays his cards right.) This would also explain this odd decision of not putting the Anthology pieces out in order. He wants that live one to come out next because he was going to release a live album and they probably already had a bunch of stuff recorded and filmed (the filmed is assuming we get something beyond audio). To me this makes a lot of sense. It explains why the live album is apparently postponed and why the next Anthology chapter is out of order.

+ Reply to Thread