+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth claims to have no knowledge of Atlanta sound problems

Garth claims to have no knowledge of Atlanta sound problems

I was at the Atlanta concert and I have said from day one that I think the sound issues were overblown. I will be critical of Garth when I think it is warranted. (Just like no one will ever convince me lip syncing a performance on TV is OK.) However, this Atlanta sound thing just feels over blown. My seat was in the 100 level and the music sounded just fine. There was an echo, but the stadium is a cavernous structure. It is not built for acoustics. I'm not a sound expert, but if you want pristine sound I don't think Mercedes Benz Stadium is the Ryman. Just sayin'.

When Garth talked it was hard to hear him. That was actually where I really noticed it more than any other time.

To be fair, I wasn't in the upper deck so it is very possible the sound was terrible up there. Again, was that really Garth and the sound system or the building? Again, not a sound expert but I think they will have this problem at other shows in the future if it was a problem for Garth.

Not sure I 100% believe he didn't know there was a problem, but I do believe him when he says the show sounded great on the recording through the sound board because I think any problems were problems with the building not the music coming off the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I was at the Atlanta concert and I have said from day one that I think the sound issues were overblown. I will be critical of Garth when I think it is warranted. (Just like no one will ever convince me lip syncing a performance on TV is OK.) However, this Atlanta sound thing just feels over blown. My seat was in the 100 level and the music sounded just fine. There was an echo, but the stadium is a cavernous structure. It is not built for acoustics. I'm not a sound expert, but if you want pristine sound I don't think Mercedes Benz Stadium is the Ryman. Just sayin'.

When Garth talked it was hard to hear him. That was actually where I really noticed it more than any other time.

To be fair, I wasn't in the upper deck so it is very possible the sound was terrible up there. Again, was that really Garth and the sound system or the building? Again, not a sound expert but I think they will have this problem at other shows in the future if it was a problem for Garth.

Not sure I 100% believe he didn't know there was a problem, but I do believe him when he says the show sounded great on the recording through the sound board because I think any problems were problems with the building not the music coming off the stage.
    The problem I had with this interview is the guy kept using his first and last name and kept plugging the damn station.

I'm like "Dude, we know what the station is and we know who Garth is. Just shut the hell up and let him talk."

+ Reply to Thread