+ Reply to Thread

Thread: GARTH's Soundscan numbers still tops

GARTH's Soundscan numbers still tops

Saw this on Billboard. Still pretty impressive since he technically took off a few years. I may also be wrong, but I think the boxed sets only get counted as 1 unit versus the RIAA doing the total discs. So he is still the king since 1991. If the Christmas Together, Gunslinger and The Ultimate Hits can have a good holiday season he can stay ahead of the Beatles and Metallica. And I am keeping my fingers crossed that the new Live Album will be out in the spring.

Swift's career U.S. album sales stand at 31.4 million. She's the 23rd-best-selling album artist since Nielsen Music began tracking sales in 1991, and the fifth-best-selling woman, after Mariah Carey (55.2 million), Celine Dion (52.8 million), Shania Twain (35 million) and Britney Spears (33.6 million). Garth Brooks leads all artists with 71.9 million albums sold in that span.

Also, not only is the Anthology on the Bestseller List, but it also charted at #4 on the Billboard 200. I don't know the ins and outs of the numbers game, but does this mean that the discs included in the Anthology will count towards total albums sold?

I also wonder where it would have charted the previous week if they had submitted the sales from the pre-orders plus the three days once it was released.

https://www.billboard.com/biz/articl...-billboard-200

Paula

Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Boggles the mind. 53,000 in the second week. So how many total for the 2 weeks? So he should be #2 on the country chart behind Tim and Faith. So he could potentially have 3 albums on the charts. Can't wait to see the Billboard charts on Tuesday. Thanks for the great information Paula. I am guessing with Black Friday sales, Garth could have a #1 country album next week.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Boggles the mind. 53,000 in the second week. So how many total for the 2 weeks? So he should be #2 on the country chart behind Tim and Faith. So he could potentially have 3 albums on the charts. Can't wait to see the Billboard charts on Tuesday. Thanks for the great information Paula. I am guessing with Black Friday sales, Garth could have a #1 country album next week.
    Black Friday sales were included in the 53,000 number.

They were? usuaully the tracking week ends Thursday night. Did that change?

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    They were? usuaully the tracking week ends Thursday night. Did that change?
    Ah you are right! That's my mistake. I was reading on HitsDailyDouble and they wrote how the numbers may not be as accurate because of Black Friday so that confused me. Guess they were talking about next weeks predictions.

+ Reply to Thread