+ Reply to Thread

Thread: No Croke Park for Garth in 2018

No Croke Park for Garth in 2018

People just tweeting out, "No Croke Park in 2018 for Garth" because Taylor Swift has officially announced concert in Croke park for June 2018, I guess the number of concerts allowed is filled.

Yep, thought so after reading something about stadium concerts for 2019. Another year. I was sure he would come back after his American tour was finished.

Sorry guys...

I'm not so sure.. I think if he's going to do Ireland that it will be a stadium mini tour so I wouldn't rule out 1/2 nights in Dublin (maybe not Croke Park) followed by shows in Cork, Limerick and Kilkenny, similar to Bruce Springsteen and Ed Sheeran.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    I may be mistaken (would like for that to be the case actually) but honestly? are we really surprised? I think Garth was a bit more pissed than anyone would let on with what happened in the debacle in Ireland a few years back. Garth may say all the right things but he's still human and that was still a black mark on him... He may NOT be in the hurry to get back that Irish fans would want him to be
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by djryan View Post
    I'm not so sure.. I think if he's going to do Ireland that it will be a stadium mini tour so I wouldn't rule out 1/2 nights in Dublin (maybe not Croke Park) followed by shows in Cork, Limerick and Kilkenny, similar to Bruce Springsteen and Ed Sheeran.
    You could be right....There doesn't seem to be much going on next year for Garth... Isn't the Stagecoach on at the end of April? ... I thought by now, he might have more festivals lined up for the summer. But there doesn't seem to be much going on past April... So there may be hope on an arena tour outside of America, followed by a stadium tour in 2019/2020.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    You could be right....There doesn't seem to be much going on next year for Garth... Isn't the Stagecoach on at the end of April? ... I thought by now, he might have more festivals lined up for the summer. But there doesn't seem to be much going on past April... So there may be hope on an arena tour outside of America, followed by a stadium tour in 2019/2020.
    I think there will be a handful of festivals in 2018 in North America. Maybe a show at the wynn at 2018.

Then he will do some Stadiums in the USA in 2019/2020, playing various Stadium.

Overseas is a pipe dream.

They have said “North American leg of the World Tour” over and over. That leads me to believe that there is another leg, on another continent.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHawk View Post
    They have said “North American leg of the World Tour” over and over. That leads me to believe that there is another leg, on another continent.
    Here's the thing, for two and a half years, it was called a "WORLD TOUR"

It's only been the last six months, that he has mentioned "North American Leg of the World Tour" and
    in some interviews he has just said "North American Tour"

Again for 80% of this tour its been called a world tour.

The reason Im negative is his 1996-1998 Tour, (yes he went to Ireland) he said the exact same thing he
    is saying this time.....

WE had planned to tour Europe and Australia, but we expected to have the USA leg over in 18 months, but one
    concert became five every time we went to a city.

Flash forward 19 years, and he is saying the same thing.

He must of known how long this tour wouldve gone from day one, hes a planner. He wouldve known
    the usa leg would take three years, there is no way though, he wouldve thought, people wouldnt show up.

He may drop hints here and there, and be ambiguous, but I dont think he has any intention at all of touring
    outside NOrth America (maybe Ireland, who knows)

Which is fair enough, its his tour he can do what he wants, I just think to use the same excuse again, is wrong.

He should just come out and say, "We may do Ireland, bit Im not going to be doing concerts in NZ,OZ, Spain, England etc etc etc.

Its a way of getting to market ya tour as a "World Tour" without touring the world.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 11-26-2017 at 05:55 PM.

There was an interview yesterday that was posted somewhere on Facebook. They are taking January off and wants to take the tour outside America. Then come back and play the cities he didn't make during his three years in America.

So we'll find out pretty soon after Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    There was an interview yesterday that was posted somewhere on Facebook. They are taking January off and wants to take the tour outside America. Then come back and play the cities he didn't make during his three years in America.

So we'll find out pretty soon after Christmas.
    Around Feburary Im guessing t he will announce, "we are hitting cities in the USA, that we didnt hit the first time."

If he wanted to take the tour outside the USA, then the anthology would be in stores outside the USA/Canada, there would be paid advertising here for it. But its zilch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Around Feburary Im guessing t he will announce, "we are hitting cities in the USA, that we didnt hit the first time."

If he wanted to take the tour outside the USA, then the anthology would be in stores outside the USA/Canada, there would be paid advertising here for it. But its zilch.
    Believe me, I'm as cynical as anyone. And I can certainly understand that you're frustrated. But I think if that were the case, he wouldn't have repeatedly said this was the end of North American Tour. It would diminish the significance of Nashville ending the tour, if he took a couple of months off and then hit places he missed in the U.S. And there can't be enough U.S. cities or festivals he still wants to play to fill several months in 2018.

If he is going to play festivals in Europe, those tend to get announced in December & January I thought. I would think Garth wants to be in control of any announcement that indicates he plans to play in Europe. Which is another reason I never quite understood his festival angle. I thought after a 20 year absence, there would be enough demand for him to do his own show for several performances in enough cities to make a full scale Europe tour possible. It seemed like there were even a couple places outside of Ireland, where he could easily sellout a stadium show if he wanted. Could he not fill Hyde Park? Announce that, and I guarantee there's enough demand that they'll be able to add a 2nd night. Do a show up North in Manchester, and maybe even another in Cardiff. Or stick to arenas and do several smaller shows.

Best possible outcome I see for those outside the U.S. is this. April 2018, he plays a festival or two in the U.S., then goes to Europe late May/June. Takes some time off around August-September, before playing those U.S. cities he still wanted to play. Time off again at end of 2018, before going to Australia/New Zealand in late January/February 2019. Time off again...and Summer Baseball Park/Stadium shows in the U.S./Canada. Places like Wrigley, Fenway, Dodger Stadium. Ending with Central Park.
    Last edited by SoCalGarthFan; 11-30-2017 at 02:21 AM.

If last night at Newark was any indication he is not at all happy with the way Croke Park turned out.

"We told them it is 5 shows or no shows."

Quote Originally Posted by patszzz0915 View Post
    If last night at Newark was any indication he is not at all happy with the way Croke Park turned out.

"We told them it is 5 shows or no shows."
    What was the context ?

About 5 people had Ireland flags or signs for the song Ireland. He gave the entire story of it. Had a few of us wondering if he was going to announce a Dublin show right then and there.

hmm- would love to hear more for exact context.. but if it's all on the up and up it lends evidence to my thought that he was pissed about it...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

So to the best of my memory it went down like this:

I see a bunch of signs out there for Ireland as well as a bunch of flags. For those of you who don't know the love affair with Ireland, this tour was supposed to start there because of the love they showed me. And the fans showed up to the tune of 400,000 - which made for 5 shows. The local government of Dublin said to me Garth you can only do 3 shows so you have to cancel 2. I told them it's 5 shows or it's nothing. So they said it's nothing. So we emailed all the fans in Ireland and gave them a personal invite to come join us in the states and man have you all showed up in droves! - They say mother Earth is breathing......

Last Friday's press conference and he said there's unfinished business and it sounds like he wants to go back. Hope he does.

How many of you in the US would go to Ireland for a Garth show?

Related - What about Aviva Stadium? Is that even in the realm of possibility, or is it Croke or bust for major concerts in Dublin?
    Last edited by StormHawk; 12-04-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StormHawk View Post
    How many of you in the US would go to Ireland for a Garth show?

Related - What about Aviva Stadium? Is that even in the realm of possibility, or is it Croke or bust for major concerts in Dublin?
    If I had the $? I absolutely would...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Believe me, I'm as cynical as anyone. And I can certainly understand that you're frustrated. But I think if that were the case, he wouldn't have repeatedly said this was the end of North American Tour. It would diminish the significance of Nashville ending the tour, if he took a couple of months off and then hit places he missed in the U.S. And there can't be enough U.S. cities or festivals he still wants to play to fill several months in 2018.

If he is going to play festivals in Europe, those tend to get announced in December & January I thought. I would think Garth wants to be in control of any announcement that indicates he plans to play in Europe. Which is another reason I never quite understood his festival angle. I thought after a 20 year absence, there would be enough demand for him to do his own show for several performances in enough cities to make a full scale Europe tour possible. It seemed like there were even a couple places outside of Ireland, where he could easily sellout a stadium show if he wanted. Could he not fill Hyde Park? Announce that, and I guarantee there's enough demand that they'll be able to add a 2nd night. Do a show up North in Manchester, and maybe even another in Cardiff. Or stick to arenas and do several smaller shows.

Best possible outcome I see for those outside the U.S. is this. April 2018, he plays a festival or two in the U.S., then goes to Europe late May/June. Takes some time off around August-September, before playing those U.S. cities he still wanted to play. Time off again at end of 2018, before going to Australia/New Zealand in late January/February 2019. Time off again...and Summer Baseball Park/Stadium shows in the U.S./Canada. Places like Wrigley, Fenway, Dodger Stadium. Ending with Central Park.
    Great Post!! You should be his tour promoter!

Based on what he said recently, I agree that 2018 is unlikely. I guess we will see, but he pretty much ruled it out when he said he will try for 2019.

I used to think that I would Love to see him in Ireland. I had bought tickets for 2 of the shows in '14. Now I am not so sure I would go out of my way to do so again. Just does not seem like Garth has any strong desire to play Europe in general, or even Ireland.

I don't see him here for 2019 either... Tours are often booked years in advance. If it's him, he wouldn't be saying he would try again.. So I think someone else might have Croke Park for 2019.

I think someone asked about the Aviva. That's a no go option as well. I'm not too sure on the full details but as far as I know we have two main promoters here with one of them having full promotional rights over the Aviva. Garth doesn't use this promotor in Ireland so he can't use the Aviva.

What I want to know is Nashville is the last stop on the American tour. There was an interview last week where he said something about an international tour. When and where is this tour?

Nashville is the last top on the NA tour. When the International tour is announced is anyone's guess

A long time reader of the forums here but first time posting because I had trouble signing up.

I was crushed when the 2014 Ireland gigs didn't work out. I was heartbroken too reading bad, hostile comments online about Garth in the aftermath of them gigs that didn't happen. To me, I saw a lot of the troubles around them gigs came from Dublin and for me I remained on as a fan.

He started the American tour after that. I thought another two/three years will drag on but keep busy and hopefully it will pass by quicker and he will be about again.

I read this week on the forums about a conference and him saying he tried to get something going for Ireland 2018 but it didn't work out and he will try for 2019 or something like that.

This has to be expanded on. What went wrong exactly? Does he still have his heart set on Croke park but the three slots have been filled? There's other places to play in Ireland. Something else perhaps, like a falling out with the promoter and the other main promoter in Ireland doesn't want to deal with him?

Something doesn't sit well with me to be honest. It reads to me like he's writing Ireland off. Like why did he write 'waive your flags' instead of 'wave your flags' in the letter after the gigs that didn't happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Picot View Post
    A long time reader of the forums here but first time posting because I had trouble signing up.
    Great 1st Post. You pose some good questions, that we may never learn the answers to. Something you said also made me wonder, is he insisting on multiple shows at Croke Park as part of a condition to play Ireland? Like you said, there are other stadiums and promoters, so why would it be so difficult to have shows in Ireland if he wanted to?

So what are we to make of his comments about International dates? Is he going to have performances in Europe, but Not Ireland? Maybe he really is going to just play a few festivals, and call it a day.

I'm sure they've looked into it, but what is the wording on the rule? Is it 3 shows or 3 days of musical events? Could be not working something out and do 3 dates/6 shows? Like I said, I'm sure it's worded as 3 concerts. But an afternoon show wouldn't bother the locals at night. Just a thought.

Just seen an interview from nashville, it seems his focus on the next time he tours will be playing big stadium, if this is the case
    when he starts up again, he damn well better not call it a World Tour if its just Stadiums in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    Great 1st Post. You pose some good questions, that we may never learn the answers to. Something you said also made me wonder, is he insisting on multiple shows at Croke Park as part of a condition to play Ireland? Like you said, there are other stadiums and promoters, so why would it be so difficult to have shows in Ireland if he wanted to?

So what are we to make of his comments about International dates? Is he going to have performances in Europe, but Not Ireland? Maybe he really is going to just play a few festivals, and call it a day.
    well did say about a year or two ago, he wants to play Paris and Berlin and aussie and newzealand, Im guessint it wasnt just talk to create an illusion of a world tour.

+ Reply to Thread