+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: No Croke Park for Garth in 2018

http://www.wideopencountry.com/country-tours

According to this, Garth is taking his tour overseas. So Australia is on the cards with the strong rumours elsewhere on this site. Hope Europe and Ireland is included. But not sure how late they can announce concerts and where can he play considering it's going to have to be outdoors.

Just done a quick search on the events held at the O2 arena in London. They have a busy schedule all year long, except there's a few weeks from the 6th of July to the 9th of August seems to be free... Not saying anything but I'm finding it odd that there's such a big gap during the year when it's busy before and after... Possible Garth dates?

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Just done a quick search on the events held at the O2 arena in London. They have a busy schedule all year long, except there's a few weeks from the 6th of July to the 9th of August seems to be free... Not saying anything but I'm finding it odd that there's such a big gap during the year when it's busy before and after... Possible Garth dates?
    Interestingly the Barclaycard Arena in Birmingham has nothing scheduled from July 28th to September 13. The SSE hydro in Glasgow has nothing scheduled for July.

No gaps in the schedules all year otherwise......

If he is coming over then i'm hoping he avoids the beginning of September as i'm out of the country until the 23rd...
    Last edited by AcrossTheWater; 01-27-2018 at 03:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AcrossTheWater View Post
    Interestingly the Barclaycard Arena in Birmingham has nothing scheduled from July 28th to September 13. The SSE hydro in Glasgow has nothing scheduled for July.

No gaps in the schedules all year otherwise......

If he is coming over then i'm hoping he avoids the beginning of September as i'm out of the country until the 23rd...
    Yeah, I noticed that as well about the SSE Hydro Arena in Glasgow as well... Though the second half of the year is alot quieter than the first half.

Finding it strange they have gaps around the same time. If he was to tour overseas, I don't think he'll be doing the same as America and having a two week break between each city. He'll play one city and move on and play another. Of course gaps in the arena's schedule don't mean anything but he's one of the few that likes to have a short announcement. If the arena was booked by someone else, the dates would be gone by now.

Jan is nearly over, bout time we have a G alert to announce international dates! :-)

I agree, I don't think there will be many gaps inbetween dates either. If finances is one of his concerns then he wont want to spend the money to 1)Fly the band/crew home then back again several times or 2)spend the money on hotels and food etc and stay overseas for a large amount of time. There will be a few gaps but nothing major within the stops...if he tours overseas...

I done a search and when he played Belfast in November 1998, there was 8 weeks between ticket the ticket onsale and when he played. We could be looking at something similar again if he was to play overseas. I'm just finding it odd that one of Europe's busiest arena's in London hasn't anything going on in July, and Garth is one that likes to have a short announcements. Hope the rumours are true because there's openings there for him.

It's all wishful thinking.

Turns out Croke Park may be getting a fourth gig this year. An application for a license is being put in tomorrow. This will be the only event to happen at Croke Park in the month of may... I'm seriously thinking it could be Garth. He likes a short announcement. I'm thinking there could be more dates if it's the only event in May and Garth certainly can sell tickets and have a sell out. Is this wishful thinking on my part. It's someone big to be doing things this late.

I think hotels know something because that May 17 weekend isu very expensive in Dublin. May 17 is actually bon a Thursday. It would want to be someone big for a Thursday gig.

I think prince used to like a short announcement. Unless they dig him out of the grave, I don't know who else it could be.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    ok, I'll be the one to join the wishful thinking

a date of May 17.. IF it could work, and I could win the lottery, and thus be able to get tickets and airfare, I could bring my wife for our 21st anniversary (hehe our anniversary is on may 17)

ok, back to the sidelines
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Yesterday Shania just announced shes is coming to New Zealand, sop she must be doing a world tour. perhaps its her?

Be freakin awesome if its Garth coming to Ireland.

Have made a hotel reservation in Dublin for May 16-20 just in case......

Quote Originally Posted by The Fever View Post
    Turns out Croke Park may be getting a fourth gig this year. An application for a license is being put in tomorrow. This will be the only event to happen at Croke Park in the month of may... I'm seriously thinking it could be Garth. He likes a short announcement. I'm thinking there could be more dates if it's the only event in May and Garth certainly can sell tickets and have a sell out. Is this wishful thinking on my part. It's someone big to be doing things this late.

I would love it to be Garth but unfortunately according to this article, the artist can't be revealed at the moment but Croke Park have said it's not Garth Brooks sadly.

He wouldn't put in for the 4th gig knowing he's going to need more than then the locals will let him.... It'd be like last time all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    He wouldn't put in for the 4th gig knowing he's going to need more than then the locals will let him.... It'd be like last time all over again.
    Yep, I think you're right. You'd think they would get the ball rolling before the Christmas. Timing is very tight with an application now.

Rolling stones just announced a Gig at Croke Park, according to people on my twitter feed, and the croke park residents are going to try and stop
    it because according to them, its like living next to a night club for 80 thousand people.

Its only four shows a year. Yeppers.

So Im guessing we can safety say no Croke for Garth in 2018.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Rolling stones just announced a Gig at Croke Park, according to people on my twitter feed, and the croke park residents are going to try and stop
    it because according to them, its like living next to a night club for 80 thousand people.

Its only four shows a year. Yeppers.

So Im guessing we can safety say no Croke for Garth in 2018.
    They aren't going to get away with it this year. The Rolling Stones is the only event happening in the month of May. All four concerts at Croke Park this year is spread out.

But there isn't a hope of seeing Garth back here anytime soon. What worries me the most is that Garth will need 4-5 nights going by the numbers sold the last time. He either does 10 smaller stadium concerts or 4-5 nights at Croke Park. Croke Park makes more sense because Dublin is easier to get to for the majority of people. That would be 4 or 5 nights in a row, the residents would go all out on that. Unless if Garth was to do two weekends in a row and it wouldn't be as stressful on the residents.

+ Reply to Thread