+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Studio G: 2019/2020

Studio G: 2019/2020

So Garth was asked is Nashville the end of the tour of the end of him touring.

Garth said its the end of the North American Leg of the tour, then he sort of
    wandered off saying, we are taking a rest, there are some dates for 2018, but
    they're sparse.

He then said, what we have planned for 2019 and 2020 will make this year look small.

Im guessing its going to be a stadium tour in 2019/2020

In the USA, the best country in the world
    so in short, w/o even seeing any of inside studio G yet, it's fair to say that at least as far as this question being asked, he didnt' say anything new?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Well he did let one big thing out of the bag..

The 2nd volume of the anthology will be the Live stuff . I was kinda surprised by that , I figured it would have been the rest of the 90s. So dang maybe we will get 5 discs of all new live recordings !!!
    In the land, of the midnight sun!

I gotta watch the show, see if there's anything that needs to be gleaned from it, etc. but though things can always change - IF the 'live stuff' anthology part has cd's ... and they're just 'live versions' of the songs yet again, that's a snooze for certain.. IF they are somehow different, let you 'feel the concert' as it were (with things that we've discussed ad nauseam around here) - Then it has the potential to be something awesome. IF there are video/DVD recordings on this part? other than TIGB, TIGB2, Ireland and back, Central Park, The C2C specials.. i.e. his prev released stuff.. then this has a LOT of potential... if it's the same old same old? YAWN...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    so in short, w/o even seeing any of inside studio G yet, it's fair to say that at least as far as this question being asked, he didnt' say anything new?
    In terms of touring, it was the same ambiguous stuff, in terms of whats happening in the future, the same sort of thing, "something big is coming down the road" (mine words not his)

Next anthology will be the live stuff.

In terms of the next anthology, its gotta be stuff we havent heard before, please nothing from TIGB, TIGB2, Central Park, Yankee Stadium, Croke Park, and those three concerts from 2001 was it?.

I sincerely hope the live stuff is going be Unheard live stuff, Live stuff from his 1994 European, New Zealand, Australian concerts, live stuff from shows from 96-98, and this current North American Tour.

He taped every show on his 1994 Actual World Tour, time he released it!!

Although if he puts his New Zealand concert on it, it would probably be R Rated because of the language he used during the show, (which was extremely funny in a standup type of way)

I gotta watch the show, see if there's anything that needs to be gleaned from it, etc. but though things can always change - IF the 'live stuff' anthology part has cd's ... and they're just 'live versions' of the songs yet again, that's a snooze for certain.. IF they are somehow different, let you 'feel the concert' as it were (with things that we've discussed ad nauseam around here) - Then it has the potential to be something awesome. IF there are video/DVD recordings on this part? other than TIGB, TIGB2, Ireland and back, Central Park, The C2C specials.. i.e. his prev released stuff.. then this has a LOT of potential... if it's the same old same old? YAWN...
    Yeah like I said in a previous post all his 1994 shows across the globe were filmed, he has so so much footage that he has never released.

This is what an anthology should be about!!! Fingers crossed that he does it!

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    Yeah like I said in a previous post all his 1994 shows across the globe were filmed, he has so so much footage that he has never released.

This is what an anthology should be about!!! Fingers crossed that he does it!
    Heck I know I'd be all over a collection/anthology esp. if he talks about certain cities- and includes Denver! (maybe some of the cities mentioned in the old stuff, etc.. tell some of those stories if possible (like the tornado in scottsdale , stories about the grizzly rose, ) that make the road 'the road'... Make it more than just a glorified covering of 'the entertainer' dvd set again, IMO

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

I will say this, if he does go that route, I hope the old specials will be UNEDITED this time around, especially at Central Park.

Not a chance of that. Never has happened. Never will.

Just my opinion.

Atlanta was taped for a video release. Maybe there next volume's additional media will be behind the scenes video of the previous tours ala the video montage currently used with Callin' Baton Rouge plus ATL 2017.

Gotta say though, the excerpt from Ellen was one of the funniest things I've seen all year!

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    Not a chance of that. Never has happened. Never will.

Just my opinion.
    For the Live anthology there HAS TO BE some unreleased stuff, cant be all the same thing we have
    seen before.

I know decades back in the early days of the internet, there was a audio bootleg of his concert from
    Germany in 1994.

Stuff like that would be great.

He said it's going to be bigger than part I. It sounds kinda exciting.

In an ET interview he is talking about taking the leap from arenas to stadiums.

That would be bigger.

+ Reply to Thread