+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Reason ColdPlay won Tour of the year.

The Reason ColdPlay won Tour of the year.

U2 didnt because Bobo is too self righteous.

Yes Garth sold 6 million tickets across North America. Apart from Atlanta and NY, he played
    arena's six/seven shows per city , so it was repeat people going to the same venue.

Wasnt six million invidudual people who attended his shows, its more like 2 million, who bought 6 million tickets.

Yes its the biggest arena tour in USA history, and a massive achievement, hats off to Garth

BUT....

Coldplay (who I don't listen to or would never buy an album) did a ACTUAL WORLD TOUR.

15 in Latin America
    45 in Europe
    45 in North America
    11 in Asia
    6 in Oceania

They played big ass stadiums, and connected with people from Peru to Wales to India to New Zealand.

So we Garth fans shouldnt complain. Twitter is going off again, but sorry you dont get tour of the year, hanging around in your own back yard.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 11-20-2017 at 12:45 AM.

Good post- and I see your point.

The reason Coldplay won is because they got more retweets. Thatís all. That was literally the only requirement to win.

Coldplay is a British band so like all non-American bands, they have to do world tours to achieve the same kind of success American artists get just by staying in the US. And, they are not country. So probably easier to go into those countries an get the following they do. Who plays country music outside of English speaking countries?

But, Garth being the master of marketing, gets away with the World Tour label. Who is actually looking at where he goes, besides us hardcore fans?

I am quite confident that Garth will announce multiple European dates in February 2018. It will then be a legitimate world tour. I also think Garth will try to sell 7 million tickets total before the tour is done.

Well, North America is part of the world so....he ain't wrong! Hahaha

I wouldnt go see Coldplay in concert, some Coldplay fan started to put links to clips
    from their shows on twitter, if you were an alien and deaf and saw clips of both
    a Garth show and a coldplay show you would come to the conclusion, that coldplay
    show is far more speculator and elaborate, there seem to be a lot and I mean a lot
    of though and artistic thought put into what they do.

Of course I would much rather see Garth do his thing!!

Ed Sheeran is playing a world tour. He played it all in 2017. I’m assuming Coldplay did the same thing. Maybe this Garth tour is a ‘world tour’ that hasn’t made it across any (non-Canadian) borders yet. We’ll see. But this is tour of the year, not tour of the 3-5 years.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by YouSoundBitter View Post
    Well, North America is part of the world so....he ain't wrong! Hahaha
    ok, I had to laugh at this one!
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

So was the category World Tour or just Tour of the Year?

In the USA, the best country in the world
    It was 'tour of the year'...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

I think the 'World' aspect played a big factor. That's what I was getting at.

I'd like to see polling or some other sort of stats on this GB tour. I know there was a lot of repeat business, but I'd guess somewhere north of 90% were unique visitors. Remember, most are not crazy enough to sign up for a website and talk about a guy with a bunch of strangers...

Fan voted AMA, or AMERICAN Music Awards. So it more a popularity thing than numbers. Though they also did alot of shows, only 45 in America.

No. of shows 15 in Latin America
    45 in Europe
    45 in North America
    11 in Asia
    6 in Oceania
    122 in total

+ Reply to Thread