+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next?

Next?

I’m a little surprised nobody has brought this up...but maybe I missed it...

I’m drawing a blank as to when he said this (for some reason it doesn’t seem like it was Studio G...maybe CMA interview or something?), but Garth recently said they are working on some projects that would make the last three years “seem small.” Any thoughts? Is it Garth being Garth? What else could it be? Personally, I do think there will be some sort of big television event within the year.

Also, he said on the Amazon interview that they’ve been filming this entire tour. We know there will be a DVD release of some sort, but I wonder if he will get something in theatres. Remember when he did that for the KC 07 shows?

He mentioned that on the Studio G a couple of weeks ago that had all kinds of good info. He said "Garth U" as in Garth University or some kind of Garth You Tube thing I am guessing. Somebody commented that they thought it meant he would be touring college campuses. I hardly think that is what it is. That's a step down from a world tour. I would think it's something where they revived the Garth fan club with different levels of being a fan or some kind of online youtube like channel. But even those things don't seem like they would make the last three years look small. So, it must be something even bigger. But....it's probably Garth being Garth

Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    He mentioned that on the Studio G a couple of weeks ago that had all kinds of good info. He said "Garth U" as in Garth University or some kind of Garth You Tube thing I am guessing. Somebody commented that they thought it meant he would be touring college campuses. I hardly think that is what it is. That's a step down from a world tour. I would think it's something where they revived the Garth fan club with different levels of being a fan or some kind of online youtube like channel. But even those things don't seem like they would make the last three years look small. So, it must be something even bigger. But....it's probably Garth being Garth
    From what I've seen recently on Monday nights featuring other (younger) artists, I would guess that Garth U will be some kind of initiative to enable up-and-coming or would-be up-and-coming musicians. That fits with his recent comment about still being able to move to Nashville and live your dream. I think that would also be something he would think to market as bigger than a world tour. He has always been about enabling writers and young artists.

That makes the most sense. Become a power house in Nashville with his own label helping out young artists and songwriters.

Really, what could be much bigger than 2 studio albums, a live album and concert DVD, back-to-back CMA EOTY, and 3-plus-year tour? The hot thing seems to be stadium tours lately. Chesney has been doing it regularly for a while. Ed Sheehan and Taylor Swift are both doing US Stadium tours in 2018, Ed is also doing Euro Stadiums before he is back in the US. Maybe he's going to fly around JerryWorld.

+ Reply to Thread