+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth in 2018

Garth in 2018

Our big concerts are being announced now for 2018. We have Micheal Bible in Croke Park with rumours of Taylor Swift getting another night and another band to get the third night.

There goes my hope for a Garth return. He's far too big here and I don't see him playing smaller venues like the RDS. It could also be possible considering his current stage fits into 20000 capacity arenas. Maybe his stage will look too small in Croke Park... But to be honest, I don't see it happening for 2018.

By now it should be obvious that Garth keeps his plans very secret until he's ready to reveal them. And just because some artists, like Taylor, will announce stadium shows 8+ months in advance, Garth won't necessarily do that.

The '14 Ireland shows were not announced until February. I wouldn't expect anything to be announced before then this time, since he even recently said that he would have details of his '18 plans around February.

And I would not take his not appearing at Croke Park as meaning no Ireland dates whatsoever. Whether it was the prior debacle, or their inability to have more than 3 concerts per year, it never appeared likely that a big return to Croke Park was in the cards.

Plenty of other stadiums in Ireland, and demand could be met by playing each of them like Springsteen has done. He could even do multiple arena shows like in the U.S., fitting 6-7 shows over a Thursday-Sunday period.

And honestly, I think if he did plan to take a complete break in 2018, he would have said something by now. Instead he's already scheduled for the Rodeo & Stagecoach, so you got to know he will probably be playing somewhere in Summer '18. Since he's indicated the U.S. dates are essentially over now, that only leaves outside the U.S., where there are still many people ready to buy tickets.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalGarthFan View Post
    And I would not take his not appearing at Croke Park as meaning no Ireland dates whatsoever. Whether it was the prior debacle, or their inability to have more than 3 concerts per year, it never appeared likely that a big return to Croke Park was in the cards.
    Yeah... I kinda get the feeling that even through his protestations of love for the Irish fans, etc, that Garth was severely 'burned' by the whole debacle... Why go right back to a venue in a locale that caused you so much Grief?

Plenty of other stadiums in Ireland, and demand could be met by playing each of them like Springsteen has done. He could even do multiple arena shows like in the U.S., fitting 6-7 shows over a Thursday-Sunday period.
    that certainly would fit into his MO...
    And honestly, I think if he did plan to take a complete break in 2018, he would have said something by now. Instead he's already scheduled for the Rodeo & Stagecoach, so you got to know he will probably be playing somewhere in Summer '18. Since he's indicated the U.S. dates are essentially over now, that only leaves outside the U.S., where there are still many people ready to buy tickets.
    WE'll have to wait and see for sure, but yeah if he's gonna "tour" in 2018 it's outside the US... I'm hoping for a (well always am!) a 1 off shot even more in a return to colorado somehow but not holding my breath
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

+ Reply to Thread