+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Anthology is Here (Spoiler Alert!)

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    I'd love to read a good biography/autobiography too. I'm sure Garth would try to distance himself from the idea but it'd be a great read (read 'the road out of Santa Fe' if you haven't.. it's good)

re: Sandy not being interviewed... I'd wager that maybe she was approached but turned things down? (or maybe (oooh conspiracy again ) TY kinda 86'd her involvement?)

dang I may have to read the book sooner than I thought
    I just finished it and I didn't want to read any of this post until I did. Skywise, did you notice how he opens the book just like the writer of the Santa Fe book did with their conversation on one of the road trips about the future? I though that was very interesting since the author of that book said he made numerous attempts to contact Garth when writing his book but never gota response.

Overall, I thought part I was good. I would rather have it than not have it. I wish he would have released Sometimes You Need the Rain instead of Somewhere Other Than The Night. I can't get the song out of my head!

Garth is a very protective person of his name and brand as we know. Maybe one day he'll write a tell all book and release more music never released before. But this isn't bad.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by garthcop View Post
    I just finished it and I didn't want to read any of this post until I did. Skywise, did you notice how he opens the book just like the writer of the Santa Fe book did with their conversation on one of the road trips about the future? I though that was very interesting since the author of that book said he made numerous attempts to contact Garth when writing his book but never gota response.
    hmm- I didn't notice that- but then it could be because my copy of 'the road out of Santa Fe' has been in a box for months (we just moved) Dang- I'm gonna have to go look at it again now...
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

My two favorite songs are Tomorrow to Today, and the alternate version of That Summer. God, tomorrow to Today just slays me. I cry almost every time I listen to it. garth’s Voice...just...wow.
    ~"Choose to chance the rapids, and dare to dance the tide."~
    ~"Blood is thicker than water, but love is thicker than blood."~
    -Garth Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by LostSessions View Post
    My two favorite songs are Tomorrow to Today, and the alternate version of That Summer. God, tomorrow to Today just slays me. I cry almost every time I listen to it. garth’s Voice...just...wow.
    I am on board with you on that song!

So, for the sake of getting something to look at on PG while it's dead during the holidays, obviously the demo version of The River is what he decided to do in his concerts as recorded in his first TV special.

+ Reply to Thread