+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lip Sync-gate

Lip Sync-gate

Hang with me here and don't beat me up too bad....

I thought about this earlier today when reading people's posts.....but does anyone think that maybe Garth almost immediately coming right out saying that he lip synced his performance was at all a way of marketing his name and getting more publicity? Garth has a funny way of doing things and that definitely gained him some national press, trending on Twitter, etc.

Just a thought I had. We all know that Garth works in mysterious ways. Go ahead, take your swings at me now!

Like the owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Jerry Jones, says, "Any publicity is good publicity."

My take would be that he did not intend to do that though.

So Anderson East is truly offended that Garth lip synced, my first thought was, "Who is Anderson East??"

What strikes me as odd is that apparently he did go on record that he would lip-sync while talking with the press on the red carpet but the Instagram stream was so messed up you couldn't hear anything because it was so loud.

But I will say this, I think had he come and apologize while accepting Entertainer of the Year, the ramifications would have been less severe.

With that said, hopefully everybody will shut up about this if not by next month then hopefully next year because this "controversy" is nothing more than a God Damn Circus Joke.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Re: Garht and doing this purposely.. I'm sure its possible, but it does kind of move more towards conspiracy territory, at lest for me..

I do doubt that Garth would go that far, even if it is "bad publicity is better than no publicity..."

who is Anderson East
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

My Problem is, that this Anderson East wont let it go, he will do the moral thing, saying how deeply offended he is for months to come.

I agree, my thought is basically nothing more then a conspiracy theory. I came up with this while I was in que for Nashville tickets for about an hour this morning.

I also agree that this Anderson East clown has no business spouting off about anything. The only thing he’s done is Miranda Lambert.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett Dale View Post
    My Problem is, that this Anderson East wont let it go, he will do the moral thing, saying how deeply offended he is for months to come.
    He's actually a very good singer, but I'll tell you this if he don't shut up about this I'm going to be starting up a Twitter war.

If he doesn't let it go then it'll come back to haunt him. As was mentioned on another thread, Garth has Frank Sinatra status in country music. People respect him and some owe their careers to him.

Quote Originally Posted by STLGarth View Post
    I agree, my thought is basically nothing more then a conspiracy theory. I came up with this while I was in que for Nashville tickets for about an hour this morning.

I also agree that this Anderson East clown has no business spouting off about anything. The only thing hes done is Miranda Lambert.
    I'd be very happy with that as my epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by stlgarth View Post
    i agree, my thought is basically nothing more then a conspiracy theory. I came up with this while i was in que for nashville tickets for about an hour this morning.

I also agree that this anderson east clown has no business spouting off about anything. The only thing he’s done is miranda lambert.
    haha!

Quote Originally Posted by CER956 View Post
    I'd be very happy with that as my epitaph
    and another HAHA!

Did you see how Garth responded by saying kind things about Lambert.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    can anyone provide links to he articles or online stuff about Anderson East, etc? I've still not seen anything (and heck I'm working right now so I can't exactly go seeking it out
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    He's actually a very good singer, but I'll tell you this if he don't shut up about this I'm going to be starting up a Twitter war.
    Ive already have.

I called hima Rhett Atkins wannabe.

Too harsh?

Too Kind?

Unfair on Rhett?

Quote Originally Posted by Skywise View Post
    can anyone provide links to he articles or online stuff about Anderson East, etc? I've still not seen anything (and heck I'm working right now so I can't exactly go seeking it out
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/10/entert...oks/index.html

Interestingly enough no-one asked him about this at the presser today. I know I saw at least two red carpet interviews where Garth said he'd been sick and they we're going to make the decision to go live or sing to a track once the Red Carpet was over. Much ado about nothing I think, especially since he's so inept at syncing it wasn't like he was trying to hide it.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

So Anderson East is truly offended that Garth lip synced, my first thought was, "Who is Anderson East??"
    And a guy who can't get 12 or more people to a concert is complaining about a guy that did 12 shows in 10 days having a tired voice? Hahahaha Who is he again? Lol

Miranda Lambert, East's girlfriend of two years, responded in the comment section, "High five on this babe. If you can't sing then don't. It's better to be honest than to pretend. I think it's bulls--t. My favorite performances were live live. The truth."

I would love to see Garth do one of these responses, but I think he will say nothing.

Response 1: "Ive sung 400 concerts all live, didnt lipsync once, my voice was shot, so I made the decision to lipsync because I said I would
    turn up and perform, sorry if this caused offense"

But I would also like him to reponse in a way, that he wouldnt, but it would be funny...

Response 2: "Listen here you punk ass little *****, since 1989 every concert I have ever done has been sung live, in 28 years I have only lipsync twice both for
    live tv, because my voice was shot, IVE DONE OVER 400 mother ****in concerts in three years as a 55 year old, 12 concerts in ten days, its a miracle OF God, that
    Im even standing up, so unless Your George Strait, just shut the hell up, and have your own career, because believe me in 100 years my legacy will be remembered and you will
    only be remembered as that limp gimp who once shagged, Miranda, Oh BTW you are now banned from my concerts, have fun playing to 11 beer belly sharecroppers from
    Ohio for the rest of your career, IM GARTH BROOKS AND I OWN THIS TOWN"

Im kinda guessing he wont say this though.
    Last edited by Brett Dale; 11-10-2017 at 09:07 PM.

Miranda lost a fan in me today. I tweeted her to see how I can get a refund for her last album because I like my music “good good”. #family?

Anderson East, Cartpusher of the Month of the local Walmart has an opinion and a Twitter....slow clap

Quote Originally Posted by CBooUF View Post
    Miranda lost a fan in me today. I tweeted her to see how I can get a refund for her last album because I like my music “good good”. #family?
    Personally I would've made a video of ripping both those discs in half and toss them in the trash. Then I'd question whether she's a legitimate Garth fan or not.

I think both of them are gonna learn there is a point when you should keep your opinions to yourself. Also who is Anderson East. Never heard of him in my life.

MODERATOR ALERT...

Let's tone down the language- just a bit. Things are much looser around here now, but let's not push it Thanks.

I'm just shocked that Miranda or her boy toy would spout off like that with all the nice things Garth has said about Miranda. And I don't just mean the things he said about her performance right after the CMAs but I have heard him say many very good things about her over the last several years. Surely his comments have gotten back to her? Guess it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Garthmedic View Post
    MODERATOR ALERT...

Let's tone down the language- just a bit. Things are much looser around here now, but let's not push it Thanks.
    Uhm fair enough, but I stand by what I said, I would love Garth to say Response number 2.

Bobby Bones has tweeted out: "If Garth felt his voice wasn't up to it, because he had shows to do for paying fans later, and didn't want to let people down who were excited to see him on the CMAs... I don't care if he interpretive danced his song. Garth knocked down walls so todays artists can step over them"

Bobby Bones has tweeted out: "If Garth felt his voice wasn't up to it, because he had shows to do for paying fans later, and didn't want to let people down who were excited to see him on the CMAs... I don't care if he interpretive danced his song. Garth knocked down walls so todays artists can step over them"
    I know this isn't a popular opinion around here, but to me statements like Bones made are just an excuse. A 3 minute song is not going to hurt Garth's voice to the point that he can't perform two nights later. If that was the case many other artists would have done it too and none of them did.

I go back to what I said in the other thread. If Garth has 12 shows in 10 days around the CMAs who's fault is that? It is his. He knows when the CMAs are just like I do. It is always the 1st or 2nd Wednesday in November. The date was known before he booked those 12 shows. At best it is poor planning on his part.

I believe the real reason he did it was about control. Let's be real, Garth wants to polish and control EVERYTHING when it is for mass consumption. Why would this performance on the CMAs be any different? I actually think he deserves the criticism here. These are the kinds of things he does all the time, but most don't realize it. Most people have no idea that the list of musicians on Double Live is about twice as long as the actual number of musicians who played on stage with him because the album is so overdubbed that it isn't live.

I get everyone has opinions and that is fine. I just think he chose to be the only artist not to sing live on the CMAs and he chose to book 12 shows in 10 days around the CMAs instead of taking care of his voice for that performance. No one to blame for that but himself.

Quote Originally Posted by rhd13 View Post
    I know this isn't a popular opinion around here, but to me statements like Bones made are just an excuse. A 3 minute song is not going to hurt Garth's voice to the point that he can't perform two nights later. If that was the case many other artists would have done it too and none of them did.

I go back to what I said in the other thread. If Garth has 12 shows in 10 days around the CMAs who's fault is that? It is his. He knows when the CMAs are just like I do. It is always the 1st or 2nd Wednesday in November. The date was known before he booked those 12 shows. At best it is poor planning on his part.

I believe the real reason he did it was about control. Let's be real, Garth wants to polish and control EVERYTHING when it is for mass consumption. Why would this performance on the CMAs be any different? I actually think he deserves the criticism here. These are the kinds of things he does all the time, but most don't realize it. Most people have no idea that the list of musicians on Double Live is about twice as long as the actual number of musicians who played on stage with him because the album is so overdubbed that it isn't live.

I get everyone has opinions and that is fine. I just think he chose to be the only artist not to sing live on the CMAs and he chose to book 12 shows in 10 days around the CMAs instead of taking care of his voice for that performance. No one to blame for that but himself.
    I see what you are saying but disagree. If he would have been anything like he was when he sang Mom in GMA a couple of years ago I think more would be talking about how bad he was.

He was sick. He said it up front. He wanted to give a quality performance.

+ Reply to Thread