+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fox News goes after CMA's

Fox News goes after CMA's

Garth is starting to get some heat on Twitter, because of Fox News.

I guess Fox news heard that Garth liked President Obama or something, they said tonights CMA's
    mocked Trump.

So cue Trumps supporters on Twitter, they are now ripping into Garth accusing him of everything under the sun.

They tried it with Stephen King, when King started tweeting bad stuff about Trump,his supporters went after the Movie IT, before it was released, saying it would be a flop, ended up taking $677 Million globally, now it's
    Garth turn.

Still glad to see Garth's supporters in full force on Twitter, drowning out the people who probably didnt
    even watch the CMA's.

Sorry if this sounds too political, but its happening on twitter now.

That's crazy. I think they mocked each side pretty fairly. This is why the CMAs originally tried to ban political talk. Because some are not mature enough to handle it.

I don't care who I piss off with this comment: They suck, they've always sucked, they forever will suck.

This is why I wanted Garth to do the Trump inauguration so there would be no oh he did Obamas so he must be a liberal. I miss the day when award shows were award shows. I remember watching the movie This is Elvis, in the movie he is doing a press conference and a reporter ask him a political question Q: Mr Presley, as you've mentioned your time in the service, what is your opinion of war protesters and would you today refuse to be drafted? Elvis: Honey, I'd just sooner keep my own personal views about that to myself cause I'm just an entertainer and I'd rather not say. That is so easy to say and yet offends nobody. He has his own view but is smart enough to know that no matter what he says he will offend half the country. I miss the days when I did not know who people voted for because it did not matter

Oh, the irony. This is EXACTLY why the CMAs asked their artists to refrain from talking about politics, gun control, etc.

Everyone lost their minds and made it into a "1st Amendment" issue, but in reality the press release simply stated, "please refrain from FOCUSING your coverage on...". Media outlets just can't help themselves and they turned that into we have been silenced and can't talk about these issues. That never was true. No one said they couldn't ask about those things and any media outlet that portrayed it that way intentionally lied to the public, who only read headlines, to pursue a political agenda. The CMA simply didn't want this to happen.

Just wanted to point out Garth has done political events for both President Bushes, President Clinton and President Obama; he has also passed/turned down events for all 4 past Presidents when there was a schedule conflict with touring. He stated he wasn't going to play for the inauguration in 2017 because he hadn't been asked by the campaign (remember this planning usually starts up to a year before the actual event- both candidates are asked to submit a wish list of performers) in advance, and by the time they did ask he was scheduled out and couldn't do it.
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

I'm not saying there wasn't a negative segment on Fox News about the CMAs, but I also saw a segment on there this morning that was very positive towards the CMAs and country music in general. They were actually praising how country music handled themselves and discussed how the jokes were actually funny and took light-hearted jabs at both sides. Also talked about how politics was not an overall theme to the program, but that unity was.

Like I said, that negative segment very well may have happened, but they did give a flip side to that as well.

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricOutcast View Post
    I don't care who I piss off with this comment: They suck, they've always sucked, they forever will suck.
    The CMA's or Fox News?
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

How about: Politicians suck...

+ Reply to Thread