+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Entertainer of the Year!!

Entertainer of the Year!!

Oh yeah!!

Yippeee. He deserves it. I think the ABC ad here foreteold the win. The said from the the opening showing a bunch of singers to the final award which shows Garth with a trophy. I am so pumped. Go Garth.

Yeah baby!!!!!

Go garth!!

Well deserved!!!

In the USA, the best country in the world
    Well I could be bummed bout having the award reveal spoiled for me.. but that's my fault for hte time zone difference.. honestly though ? good for Garth- glad to see him recognized... now I will def. have to track down the show online and download it
    An objective Garth fan, with my own views...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

My collection of all things Garth....
    The GarthCast

Super pumped. Canít wait to see whatís next.

I think Garth, has cemented his place in country music history, his legacy will live on!!

Excellent! Very happy for him and for us fans!
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

I think they should rename the award the Garth Brooks award and every artist in that place should of had to get down on one knee and kiss his butt for paving the way for them. Where would country music be without garth? He took it to places it has never been or will ever be again. The only way the night could have been any better is if he would have punched luke bryon in the face on the way to the stage

Quote Originally Posted by randa16 View Post
    I think they should rename the award the Garth Brooks award and every artist in that place should of had to get down on one knee and kiss his butt for paving the way for them. Where would country music be without garth? He took it to places it has never been or will ever be again. The only way the night could have been any better is if he would have punched luke bryon in the face on the way to the stage
    You joke, but I could definitely see it becoming the Garth Brooks Entertainer of the Year Award in 15 years or so.

Quote Originally Posted by DuckStreetCowboy View Post
    You joke, but I could definitely see it becoming the Garth Brooks Entertainer of the Year Award in 15 years or so.
    hmm.. I think that's a BIT of a stretch but I like the idea...

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

What is the problem with Luke Bryan I don't know why people here hate him. What did he do?
    'All the way to Tacoma, by then I hope you're out of my mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    What is the problem with Luke Bryan I don't know why people here hate him. What did he do?
    Can't speak for everyone here.... but I don't HATE Luke Bryan at all- he seems rather genuine. What I can say is his brand of "music" isn't really great country music to me.. At least, not what I've listened to so far. granted a re-listen may be in order but his music is the poster example of the Bro country "craze" (cough cough virus) that's infected the genre

I have a purpose
    Made in His image
    Accepted by Him
    Given new life in Christ
    Eternity with Him

The GarthCast

Great article about Garth and his maybe win next year.

http://tasteofcountry.com/why-garth-...r-of-the-year/

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
    To echo Skywise's sentiment, I think Luke Bryan has kind of become the poster child for everything that is wrong with country music. The overly simple lyrics, the focus on drinking, the "bro-country" attitude as so many have coined it. Just listen to his current single "Light It Up". Kind of crazy to think a guy who is around 40, married with 2 kids is singing a song like that.

I do think Bryan seems like one heck of a nice guy. I'd also argue that he does have several pretty good songs, especially some of his earlier stuff. However, right or wrong, he kind of symbolizes everything wrong with the format for those who think the format is in a bad place. That is usually what happens to the biggest star. I'm sure Garth knew a little something about this from the critics in the 90s.

I admit- Luke has grown on me. He does seem humble...

I think skywise summed it up the best. I don't hate the guy and he really seems like a nice guy but for me his bro country is just horrible. I am tired of it and it just makes me turn off the radio and put in a CD.

Quote Originally Posted by gbkubfan View Post
    Great article about Garth and his maybe win next year.

http://tasteofcountry.com/why-garth-...r-of-the-year/
    Found that article very interesting. Thanks for sharing

If there's one thing, I'm personally glad that happened this year, a complete and utter shut-out of Sam Hunt and Florida Georgia Line. The former especially because he had every reason to actually win because of that song breaking records on Billboard's chart on what was probably the worst ever song to be released this year.

But getting back to Garth, I also hope it'll be a long time coming, but maybe down the road they'll rename Entertainer of the Year to the Garth Brooks Memorial Award (similar to the Jim Reeves Memorial Award)

You are welcome.

+ Reply to Thread